What's new

Turkey has ordered 1 F-35A and 1 F-35C

The fact that her flight deck is big enough to carry these airframes it doesn't mean she's able to logistically support all these different types of aircraft. We should stick with rotary-wings.

Why we even produce T129s? just buy some more F35s, after all, it's so much better :lol: longer range, good point

We are considering an option bro, we are not going to shop F35B right now! :D Apparently we all agreed on a larger LHD. We will talk about her flight deck later. We will satisfy you bro! For now lets to select the bigger one as this ship will be operative at least to year 2050.

GestionNoticias_572L61-6.jpg

GestionNoticias_0L61-1.jpg

2(33).jpg

Let's put some T129s, some seahawks, a couple of chinooks, and a few F35Bs.. Do you realize how childish this is? Juan Carlos isn't THAT big. The fact that her flight deck is big enough to carry these airframes it doesn't mean she's able to logistically support all these different types of aircraft. We should stick with rotary-wings.

Actually I think there will be two seahawks at most, the rest would be blackhawks from land forces command' inventory

Why we even produce T129s? just buy some more F35s, after all, it's so much better :lol: longer range, good point

She's is a military expert, actually we're all taking lessons from Killuminati leave her alone

Not childish but a perfect combination and Juan Carlos is able to supply all those mentioned. That's why Turkish Navy described bigger and larger platform than expected. This program was commenced with a requirement of 18000tonnes LPD and, later the requirement is increased to 24000 and Final one is revealed as 28000 tonnes with more than 200m Length Overall.

Turkish Navl will deploy SeaHawk helicopters with Hellfires, CH-47 Chinook (Temproary duty) and some F-35B I think. T-129 will not considered cause of SeaHawk helicopters which is able to fire guided missiles..

What is wrong with you people? Where do you think Turkish Navy will operate the LHD? So far out of Turkish Airforce's reach?

What good can 12 plane do Except interrupting all take off and landing procedures of the LHD?
Cabatlı bari sen yapma

What is wrong with you people? Where do you think Turkish Navy will operate the LHD?
Cabatlı bari sen yapma

For now, not so far from shoreline. But in the future when Turkey's GDP is higher than $b 2, I am sure occasionally turkey will need to protect some of her interests so so far away! To be clean take a look at the countries with current GDP higher than $b 1.8. All of them operate or have a plan to use some kind of AC's or large LHD's. (except Japan and Germany which seems to have some restriction after WW-II)

With an average annual GDP growth of 4%:
year GDP
2012 798
2013 830
2014 863
2015 898
2016 934
2017 971
2018 1010
2019 1050
2020 1092
2021 1136
2022 1181
2023 1228
2024 1278
2025 1329
2026 1382
2027 1437
2028 1495
2029 1554
2030 1617
2031 1681
2032 1749
2033 1818
2034 1891
2035 1967
2036 2046

but this ship gonna be operational at least to the year 2050.

Me and Cabatli promise to park our planes in a way there will be enough room for your choppers and we will drive only when you are not around! :D

People still think we live in the middle ages where nations conquere lands. Just give a simple answer, why does Turkey need such kind of ships? First of all, these ships are build with the intention to invade countries on long distance. You see that Turkey try to invade US or UK? Or even north Russia or China or India... ? Come on man, we are not a imperialist country. We only need to focus on the security of our borders.

People still think we live in the middle ages where nations conquer lands. Just give a simple answer, why does Turkey need such kind of ships? First of all, these ships are build with the intention to invade countries on long distance. You see that Turkey try to invade US or UK? Or even north Russia or China or India... ? Come on man, we are not a imperialist country. We only need to focus on the security of our borders.

I think this is a very short sighted comment.

1-First of all, this ship can only carry so many troops. You can't even invade a 3rd world country with a few hundred marines. If you think this ship will be used to conquer any distant country you are very wrong. The most it can do is act as a part of a larger NATO force.

2- IMHO this ship is intended for mainly eastern Mediterranean. Consider the huge oil reserves around Cyprus, the situation in Syria and our rift with Israel. This ship will not only act as a deterrent but will help secure our future interests.

3- For the first time in TN history, we will have true rapid reaction capabilities without any support needed from a main base. Think how big this is.

4- I think people underestimate the humanitarian side of these ships. They will have considerable medical facilities and will evacuate hundreds of people out of any potential danger. You remember the difficulties we had evacuating our people from Libya? Not only that but in a big earthquake in Istanbul, with potential damage to transportation infrastructure, these ships can provide vital support very quickly.

And I am sure there are other benefits which doesn't come to my mind right away ...

I don't know which concept TSK will adopt for this ship, but it could be a major headache for enemy submarines in Mediterranean.

I think this is a very short sighted comment.

1-First of all, this ship can only carry so many troops. You can't even invade a 3rd world country with a few hundred marines. If you think this ship will be used to conquer any distant country you are very wrong. The most it can do is act as a part of a larger NATO force.

2- IMHO this ship is intended for mainly eastern Mediterranean. Consider the huge oil reserves around Cyprus, the situation in Syria and our rift with Israel. This ship will not only act as a deterrent but will help secure our future interests.

3- For the first time in TN history, we will have true rapid reaction capabilities without any support needed from a main base. Think how big this is.

4- I think people underestimate the humanitarian side of these ships. They will have considerable medical facilities and will evacuate hundreds of people out of any potential danger. You remember the difficulties we had evacuating our people from Libya? Not only that but in a big earthquake in Istanbul, with potential damage to transportation infrastructure, these ships can provide vital support very quickly.

And I am sure there are other benefits which doesn't come to my mind right away ...

I could not agree more... There is no need to be narrow minded person. In ten year you will be surprised the position of our country.

F35B is a VTOL Aircraft like the Harrier ,but all of them are Starting not VTOL ,because it´s better to Start normally !

If Turkey needs F35C ,then they will Purchase Juan Carlos ,or RMK Marine ,we don´t Know if there can Start F35 or not !

But with F35 and LHD Turkey will the Central Power in the Middle East and Aegean.

We only need to focus on the security of our borders.

Lets to have an artificial scenario:

year 2040. Turkey's GDP has passed $b 2 for years. This huge economy of Turkey relies partly on energy sources from north of Africa for example Libya.

Turkey, based on her huge economy has backed Abbas on UN for the full membership of Philistine. Israel by that time is under the control of extremists. They decide to re-threat.

Stopping the oil export for even a short time from Libya could cost billions of dollars for Turkey. They start to design a plan including an attack by a professional international terrorist team located in Palermo, Italy. Unfortunately the local security forces around the oil wells in Libya are not talented enough to block this kind of mature invasion. Attack is in two steps. In step one the penetration team will achieve the control of Libyan navy shipyard. In step 2 the destroyer team will explode the utilities in the area.

Turkey's intelligent service acquires data about the planned attack 2 days before the operation. The Turkish Sedef LHD is in Mediterranean sea. 6 Ch47s transfers 400 Maroon Berets from mother land to the LHD. But the distance?

Considering the time it is impossible to stop the penetration team. Navy decides to intercept the destroyer team in its way from Palermo in Italy to Benghazi in Libya! After a day LHD is near Heraclitus Island in Mediterranean sea. There is only one way to intercept the coming boat. 2 F35b fly from the deck.

Pilot 1: Cabatly, I share the information of the Target. Warm it up with your SOM.
Pilot 2: missle on the way ............ Target destroyed. Lets back to the ship.
Pilot 1: Affirmative........... Look a T129 is in sky!

Pilot 3 (T129): Hey, You two had promised on PDF to not disturb me!

F-35C should be considered instead of the A model.
One similar example in history is the F-18 purchases made by some countries to equip their Air Forces.
The Australian Air Force and Spain ordered the F-18 rather then the popular F-16 back in the days.
They even asked that it be delivered as is without replacing the heavy landing gear to something lighter (can land harder on rough terrain, etc).

In this example the F-16 would represent the F-35A and the F-18 the C model.

The C model may be less maneuverable but the F-35 is a strike aircraft at heart not a pure A2A fighter.
The C model has a better range and weapons load.

Maneuverability becomes less important as every aircraft equips itself with JHMCS and AIM-9X type AA missiles which do the 'turning' for the aircraft.

Back
Top Bottom