What's new

To keep China at arm’s length, Japan to export arms to India

Status
Not open for further replies.
india is so much the size of a pie, the ways to keep their spending spree on weapons are:

1. cutting other public expenditure like social welfare, education, infrastructure
2. keeping expansion of its economy which is unlikely to be very sustainable given its poor government, exploding population, deep social ills and poor quality of people
3. cutting spending on other weaponry manufacturers like Russia.USA etc

China will gain as a matter of fact for purchasing more from Russia, in particular when indian's purchase from the Russians will be reduced by their increase spending in japan. japanese's expansion into military business will irate their boss!

this is going to be fun and surely change the landscape of geopolitics!

Wait why will Chaina gain from purchasing from Russia. according to Chinese fanboys China is way ahead of Russia in defence technologies?

I am not talking about how India sees the situation, but how others see it.
Everyone seems to be of the opinion that India is in the game to be China's military opponent.
you asked if Indians find it disturbing. i've told you how indians see it.

Chinese don't view India as #1 threat.

That doesn't count. The issue, as the other poster wrote and I agree, is how third parties see the situation.

India merely benefits here being viewed as #1 counterweight to China.

You are agreeing with me. Whether that counterweight is military or not remains to be seen, but all the offers of military assistance by the US, Europe and, now, Japan clearly form a trend.

Who views us as China's number one enemey? I would put USA, Japan & Vietnam ahead of India and I think if you asked a Chinese person they would say the same.

But the US and Japan want to help India become a military counterweight to China. Vietnam is too small and weak.

Good for India.....

India can have access for all these Technologies.

UAV and Robotic Technologies.
Missile Processor and Laser technology for precision
Ship building technology
Can club up for Satellite information sharing to eye on Indian Ocean
Tanks and BMP technology etc...

That doesn't count. The issue, as the other poster wrote and I agree, is how third parties see the situation.

You are agreeing with me. Whether that counterweight is military or not remains to be seen, but all the offers of military assistance by the US, Europe and, now, Japan clearly form a trend.

But the US and Japan want to help India become a military counterweight to China. Vietnam is too small and weak.

Do they? or is it that the US wishes to sell it's arms to a friendly country which it has shared interest with. Let's put things into perspective India get's it's most offensive weapons from Russia and Israel not from US.

India has resolved, these sources say, to buy only second-line equipment from the U.S., such as transport (C-17, C-130J) or maritime patrol aircraft (P-8I). Vital weapons such as missiles and fighters, when they cannot be locally produced, will remain the preserve of France and Russia.

If the US really wanted India to be a military counterweight to China it could start with ensuring that dual use technology to India which was promised by Obama is not a issue but it seems this is still the a ongoing concern for GOI.

Or better still they could provide us with some F22's with source codes ;)

China could make hundred millions dollar by selling handphone and electronic hardware to India.

and it will make billions by selling adulterated food items if given free access.

If Japan wants to hit China very badly where it will hurt it the most, Japan should more actively pursue DMIC corridor and invest more and more in manufacturing capacity building in India….China’s strength is not its Army or CCP, it is their exports which is earning them huge dollars which in turn they are putting in their defence and to threat almost all of its neighbouring countries…..Once its export growth stops and it sees downward trend, Chinese system and CCP will face the wrath of millions of its blue collar factory labours...

The title of the thread is about Japan and yet I haven't read one single post explaining the real reason as to why she needs to export high tech military equipment.

All off topic trollings

The title of the thread is about Japan and yet I haven't read one single post explaining the real reason as to why she needs to export high tech military equipment.

All off topic trollings

Defence market! Political advantages, some leverage in trade many more.

Do they? or is it that the US wishes to sell it's arms to a friendly country which it has shared interest with. Let's put things into perspective India get's it's most offensive weapons from Russia and Israel not from US.

India has resolved, these sources say, to buy only second-line equipment from the U.S., such as transport (C-17, C-130J) or maritime patrol aircraft (P-8I). Vital weapons such as missiles and fighters, when they cannot be locally produced, will remain the preserve of France and Russia.

If the US really wanted India to be a military counterweight to China it could start with ensuring that dual use technology to India which was promised by Obama is not a issue but it seems this is still the a ongoing concern for GOI.

Or better still they could provide us with some F22's with source codes ;)
You're right such sales of military equipment are not part of a US-India conspiracy but simply good buisness- US is getting a share of the multi Billion dollar pie. Too much is read into such arms sales all that has changed is that India now has the ability to purchase such expensive platforms in large numbers and that the US has relaxed some restrictions that allow high-end gear to go to India but this is more to do with trade and cash then any sort of counter-balancing.

The idea of the US trying to use India to counter balance China is illogical for a number of reasons firstly the US is the foremost military power on earth and this won't change for decades to come. Secondly India's non-aligned and neutrality is so ingrained into the Indian psyche and foreign policy that no matter how much the US might want India to be a counter weight to CHina, India won't tow this line and will do what best suits her interests and not some foregn player's.

india is so much the size of a pie, the ways to keep their spending spree on weapons are:

1. cutting other public expenditure like social welfare, education, infrastructure
2. keeping expansion of its economy which is unlikely to be very sustainable given its poor government, exploding population, deep social ills and poor quality of people
3. cutting spending on other weaponry manufacturers like Russia.USA etc

China will gain as a matter of fact for purchasing more from Russia, in particular when indian's purchase from the Russians will be reduced by their increase spending in japan. japanese's expansion into military business will irate their boss!

this is going to be fun and surely change the landscape of geopolitics!

Wait why will Chaina gain from purchasing from Russia. according to Chinese fanboys China is way ahead of Russia in defence technologies?

All off topic trollings

Its a valid diplomatic posture ,one of the strongest form of diplomatic deterrence.

This is the same thing China did with Pakistan for there own respective reasons..

India has a definite diplomatic goal to define itself as a counterweight to China (The end justifies the means) . look at the propaganda with respect to the Agni V.
Being a Counterweight entails much much more tht just Military oneupmanship. The India-Vietnam Relations will provide a decent example.

The only way China can counter this is by attaining a more soothing posture. BUt seemingly China chooses to aggravate instead.

And then you guys say that India is not going to be part of American and West's efforts to strategically surround China and act as a countervailing factor.

And then you guys say that India is not going to be part of American and West's efforts to strategically surround China and act as a countervailing factor.
China is already surrounded for past 65 yrs whats new in it.

Is Japan west. I believe China and West were on the same boat in 1971.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom