What's new

To be a Muslim in India

UmarJustice

New Recruit

Reaction score
In India, the Muslim lives on sufferance. It is the Hindu who has freedom to attack India and its culture, its vulgarity. The Muslim who objects to something, no matter that it is obvious and visible, must qualify his argument.Usually, the qualification demanded is that he show himself as patriotic. In India, this is a term which comes out of the negative sentiment. To be a patriotic Indian, one is not required to be taxpaying, law-abiding, well-meaning or philanthropic. Patriotism is demonstrated through hating a particular country. The reason the Indian Muslim lives on sufferance is also rooted in this.

You see, the Muslim is guilty of the original sin, by voting for Pakistan in the 1945-46 elections. He divided Mother India and his generations must carry this burden of Adam.Shahrukh Khan said this: “I sometimes become the inadvertent object of political leaders who choose to make me a symbol of all that they think is wrong and unpatriotic about Muslims in India. I have been accused of bearing allegiance to our neighbouring nation rather than my own country. This, even though I am an Indian whose father fought for the freedom of India. Rallies have been held where leaders have exhorted me to leave and return to what they refer to as my original homeland.”

He should have prefaced his remarks (which I find ordinary, inoffensive and accurate) as follows: “I don’t like Pakistan. My fans are mostly Hindus, whom I love more than Pakistanis.”
Having said this, he would not have offended us, no matter what he then unburdened.
Like children who need a pacifier, the Muslim offering opinion on prejudice must hold out this lollipop to Indians, whose natural view of him is coloured by his religion. At all points, he must remember this and mumble an Apologia Pro Vita Sua.

In not doing this, and I’m surprised he didn’t because he should know a thing or two about Indian public opinion, Shahrukh Khan opened himself to an attack which goes in this fashion: “Aren’t you grateful, are you not satisfied, that we gave you — you Muslim! — such fame, such success? You didn’t whine about this then, did you? Now, the Pakistanis are lecturing us because of your remarks. You should be ashamed.”The self-congratulatory assumptions we make about ourselves — secular nation! World’s largest democracy! — are not particularly reflected outside of the Constitution. We should think about that.

On Nidhi Razdan’s show on NDTV on the night of January 29, I was on a panel, discussing Narendra Modi as a prime ministerial candidate. In the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) corner was a woman called Meenakshi Lekhi. Midway through the discussion, she asked a soft-spoken man, Najib Jung, vice chancellor of Jamia Millia Islamia, if he thought Indian Muslims wanted Pakistan.
Why did she bring this up? I don’t know, and there was no occasion to. But it was dropped in casually because it’s the natural thing to say to a Muslim here — hey, are you guys Pakistan-lovers? Tell us the truth, now.As a writer, I can imagine the pressure on Muslim writers who are aware of India and the space they operate in. MJ Akbar wrote an unthinking paean to the BJP’s idiocy after Pokhran, and I suspect that wasn’t because he’s a fan of nuclear weapons. It’s all quite frightening, or should be. It doesn’t surprise me at all.

In India, it has always mattered who says something. What is said depends not on the intellectual content but which side it has blown from.How it is said is also always more important than what is said because the Indian is easily offended. Ashis Nandy shouldn’t have assumed that he could be subtle and clever only because it was the anglicised middle class he was speaking to at Jaipur.They are cut of the same cloth as other Indians. Quick to emotion, barely literate about anything whether their own culture or the West’s, and powered on and on by an asinine media.
To be a Muslim in India – The Express Tribune

Unfortunately its quite true, people only like so called patriotic muslims, who either toe the sarkari line (mera bharat mahan) or are overtly jingoistic(which can mean anti pakistani).
Hindus on other hand can be hawks or doves, people usually dont question patriotism of hindus.

Unfortunately its quite true, people only like so called patriotic muslims, who either toe the sarkari line (mera bharat mahan) or are overtly jingoistic(which can mean anti pakistani).
Hindus on other hand can be hawks or doves, people usually dont question patriotism of hindus.

Naturally. Its was the muslim leaders and their mass supporters who said they dint want to live with Hindus and wanted a separate 'pure land' for Muslims. They even killed a lot of Hindus and Sikhs via 'direct action' to prove how serious they were about their demand.

Hindu's patriotism cannot be questioned as India is the only land available to them and all their holy places, history is tied to India. They have no direct or indirect allegiance to Rome or Mecca.

Naturally. Its was the muslim leaders and their mass supporters who said they dint want to live with Hindus and wanted a separate 'pure land' for Muslims. They even killed a lot of Hindus and Sikhs via 'direct action' to prove how serious they were about their demand.

Hindu's patriotism cannot be questioned as India is the only land available to them and all their holy places, history is tied to India. They have no direct or indirect allegiance to Rome or Mecca.

Nepal is 80% Hindus.

Even Pakistan Media has wrong priorities. :lol:

Well can't blame people for their country's failure when the leaders and media who have to be responsible for their own people are more worried about Muslims round the world.

Rehman Malik and Express Tribune clearly shows the obsession to defend and prove TNT even after 65 years of Independence.

I think who believe Muslims are oppressed in India, should read the treatment meted out to Owaisi and treatment of Kamala Hassaan of his film "Vishwaroop" .
Many will accept the Hindus are not really the king in India

Kamal hasan was not arrested. Anyway, you should not compare Owaisi with kamal hasan, he should be compared with Varun gandhi.

...are you suggesting Hindus are more loyal to Nepal than India ? :rolleyes:

just correcting that India is not the only land of Hindus or Hinduism or what ever you mead by that. Nepal also got a Hindu tradition and population just like India. Imo religion should not be a deciding factor in patriotism.Indian Hindus will be loyal to India and Nepali Hindus will be the same towards Nepal, having said that I am also aware of the fact that there exists a micro..micro minority who put their love and loyalty else where because of religion, a sad and bitter fact.

lol i am agree with this article and i hate muslim when they support india over pakistan or lazy arabs because of their stupid islamic ummah and their number is high not low and their number is growing day by day in last 5-6 years .

Kamal hasan was not arrested. Anyway, you should not compare Owaisi with kamal hasan, he should be compared with Varun gandhi.
i am choose any day any time varun gandhi over traitor owaisi .because he is not only speak against hindu god but also against union of india .and by the way mostly razkars i met living in past and think they are ruler of hydrabad .

Being Muslim in India has multiple benefit. Let me list few...

1. Free Water
2. Free electricity
3. Free Voter ID card (Easily made), Free Ration card (Easily made), Free govt document (Even Pakistani and Bangladeshi can get Passport).
4. Awesome Dubai/Gulf job
5. Continuous appeasement by govt.
6. Free Judiciary (NGOs )
7. Free to crib,
8. Freedom of birth (Free to give birth as many as one want, For non Muslim having more babies is shame)
9. Freedom to abuse Majority.
10. Freedom to do riots (Kashmir to Kerla)

and so on.....

last and not least cheap Beef... :enjoy:

Being Muslim in India has multiple benefit. Let me list few...

1. Free Water
2. Free electricity
3. Free Voter ID card (Easily made), Free Ration card (Easily made), Free govt document (Even Pakistani and Bangladeshi can get Passport).
4. Awesome Dubai/Gulf job
5. Continuous appeasement by govt.
6. Free Judiciary (NGOs )
7. Free to crib,
8. Freedom of birth (Free to give birth as many as one want, For non Muslim having more babies is shame)
9. Freedom to abuse Majority.
10. Freedom to do riots (Kashmir to Kerla)

and so on.....

last and not least cheap Beef... :enjoy:

woah ....what was that all about ?

Back
Top Bottom