What's new

Thorium fueled car needs refueling once a 100 years.

Kompromat

ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Cadillac World Thorium Fuel Concept

Published October 25, 2013 at 600 × 420 in Thorium-Fueled Automobile Engine Needs Refueling Once a Century.

eqWJs-1024x524.jpg

600x420xcadillac-world-thorium-fuel-concept-3.jpg.pagespeed.ic.P2uFWJDYZJ.jpg

Cadillac World Thorium Fuel Concept (Image Courtesy CuteDesign.com - This Name Is Now Available to Rent or Buy !!!

Current models of the engine weigh 500 pounds, easily fitting into the engine area of a conventionally-designed vehicle. According to CEO Charles Stevens, just one gram of the substance yields more energy than 7,396 gallons (28,000 L) of gasoline and 8 grams would power the typical car for a century.

The idea of using thorium is not new. In 2009, Loren Kulesus designed the Cadillac World Thorium Fuel Concept Car. LPS is developing the technology so it can be mass-produced.

Wider Implications of Thorium
According to Robert Hargraves, “low or non-CO2 emitting energy sources must be cheaper than coal or will ultimately fail to displace fossil fuels.” The United States uses 20% of the world’s energy today and, according to Hargraves, if it cut its CO2 emissions to zero, 80% produced by other countries would still be a problem. With CO2 emissions climbing seemingly beyond all bounds, pessimism is rampant and bold ideas are needed.

Thorium may also be the answer to the world’s nuclear energy conundrum and Wikipedia provides some of its advantages:

• Weapons-grade fissionable material (233U) is harder to retrieve safely and clandestinely from a thorium reactor; this means, for example, Iran could be asked to develop only a thorium based reactor, virtually eliminating the issue of nuclear weapon development.
  • Thorium produces 10 to 10,000 times less long-lived radioactive waste;
  • Thorium mining produces a single pure isotope, whereas the mixture of natural uranium isotopes must be enriched to function in most common reactor designs. The same cycle could also use the fissionable U-238 component of the natural uranium, and also contained in the depleted reactor fuel;
  • Thorium cannot sustain a nuclear chain reaction without priming,[29] so fission stops by default in an accelerator driven reactor.
Hargraves sees factories and other industrial concerns using thorium as well. Stay tuned as we track this idea and its development.

Cadillac World Thorium Fuel Concept | Industry Tap

Good we have more than half of world's reserves.This could save our dependance on oil imports and energy needs in long run.

India doesn't have half of the world's thorium reserves but does have a substantial amount. Thorium is actually very abundant and even with little all states can be energy free.

India doesn't have half of the world's thorium reserves but does have a substantial amount. Thorium is actually very abundant and even with little all states can be energy free.
There is so much thorium that if it was use in a MSTR or LFTR that it won't be worth much. The money will be in the leasing of the reactor itself not the thorium. That why we here in America are worry that China is putting in $2 billion per year researching/ building their fourth GEN MSTR(TMST) . When China does it they will be the new Saudi/Russian with regard to energy resource.

Good we have more than half of world's reserves.This could save our dependance on oil imports and energy needs in long run.
We used to have the most reserves.

There is so much thorium that if it was use in a MSTR or LFTR that it won't be worth much. The money will be in the leasing of the reactor itself not the thorium. That why we here in America are worry that China is putting in $2 billion per year researching/ building their fourth GEN MSTR(TMST) . When China does it they will be the new Saudi/Russian with regard to energy resource.
So much,where?

Last edited:
You know the rare earth metal that China mines, a lot the by product of off rare earth mining is thorium.. The US also have rare earth deposit but we can't mine it. Mining it will produce too much thorium, and the way our law works is it regard THORIUM as radioactive waste and mining company can't afford to deal with the thorium to mine rare earth.

Last edited:
Things obviously have changed.

Last edited:
As far as i know,we mine and produce 80% of the worlds need evry year.

If you mean rare earth than your number is way off as China provide the world with most of the rare earth metal.
wikipedia
China's rare earth industry makes up 97 percent of rare mineral trade worldwide

Rare earth industry in China - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So this basically mean that once the Chinese got the MSTR(TMSR) working they already got enough thorium store in barrel that it will last them for millions of years.

Last edited:
You sure about that?
We have 73%,you must have the other 73%.

Can u provide me a link for ur 73% claim bcoz as per USGS(2011) estimates India has 963,000 tonnes of Thorium reserves outta total world reserves of 1,913,000 tonnes while Turkey is not even mentioned in top 5.:what:

I have my doubt about those reserve number lol, where China they been providing the entire planet with rare earth and yet they have zero thorium that just not believable.

Back
Top Bottom