What's new

This was Afghanistan before the Soviet invasion !

The title is bit misleading. It should read as Afghanistan before Soviet Withdrawal.

Soviets did their part of development in Afghanistan as they were invited (not invaded) by the ruling PDPA to control the rebellian and unrest.

In my visit to Kabul I could see the cheap housing built for afghans which was known as 'khrushchevka' in Soviet Union.

However in post soviet time when Afghans began fighting each other, they destroyed everything. They didn't even left mosques and dargah's in their fighting and attacked them too.

If anyone has been to Mazaar-E-Sharif one can find the horrible pictures of its destruction in 90's when NA and Talibs fought for the city.

Here's my share to the thread.

1950s_Afghanistan_-_Biology_class%2C_Kabul_University.jpg

Biology class in Kabul University in 50's.

GB

in every country when there is NO equality then the country starts slipping into a mess and grievances surface. same is case with Afghanistan too as i said Only KABUL was most modern and again the main reason was Social economic status of few. large parts were poor and they are still poor.

Kabul is back on Skirts era but thats not the achievement as these people were always having better economic status

That is why PDPD initiated a modernization program to bring the rest of A'tan up to the levels of Kabul but the Islamists saw it as a threat to their way of life and Islam.

They rebelled and the rest is history, PDPA was trying to address the issues but the people themselves were swayed by the Islamists and fought the government.

The government called in their allies, the Soviets.

People were progressively becoming liberals in those days especially in our region.

Iran, Pakistan and Afghanistan had a large number of urban people who were quickly adapting european customs while retaining their culture and remaining within limits of their religion.

Pakistan under Gen. Ayub was a developmental dream, the nation was expected to continue its mighty growth and expansion to become a developed nation soon.

Unfortunately the Islamist elements were all active in the background and when the got a chance, they pounced on the governments and so the decline began. This decline was aided by the west as it used these Islamists for their own goals in the region.

People were progressively becoming liberals in those days especially in our region.

Iran, Pakistan and Afghanistan had a large number of urban people who were quickly adapting european customs while retaining their culture and remaining within limits of their religion.

Pakistan under Gen. Ayub was a developmental dream, the nation was expected to continue its mighty growth and expansion to become a developed nation soon.

Unfortunately the Islamist elements were all active in the background and when the got a chance, they pounced on the governments and so the decline began. This decline was aided by the west as it used these Islamists for their own goals in the region.

yes can you also tell me how was the militancy problem before soviet wars, when there were no mujahideens no political motivation, no mujaheeden authority only one king

Iran under the Shah was a oligarchy. No wonder they had the Islamic revolution

The title is bit misleading. It should read as Afghanistan before Soviet Withdrawal.

Soviets did their part of development in Afghanistan as they were invited (not invaded) by the ruling PDPA to control the rebellian and unrest.

In my visit to Kabul I could see the cheap housing built for afghans which was known as 'khrushchevka' in Soviet Union.

However in post soviet time when Afghans began fighting each other, they destroyed everything. They didn't even left mosques and dargah's in their fighting and attacked them too.

If anyone has been to Mazaar-E-Sharif one can find the horrible pictures of its destruction in 90's when NA and Talibs fought for the city.

Here's my share to the thread.

1950s_Afghanistan_-_Biology_class%2C_Kabul_University.jpg

Biology class in Kabul University in 50's.

GB

and so you tell us there was o damage in soviet war??

yes can you also tell me how was the militancy problem before soviet wars, when there were no mujahideens no political motivation, no mujaheeden authority only one king

They were active, the militants, but they were not well funded or trained and thus lacked the capability to really harm the state.

They become stronger when Pakistan and later America with its allies supported them.

But they extremists were always there in the background, however they were controlled.

Nice pictures, but would you really want the country run by commies if the Soviet Union had invaded?

You ever met one? None has ever recounted me her 'sad state' so I unlike you can't comment!

:P lolzzz these Indians infact forget sad state of girls in their own country .

anyway everything shining isnt as much shining that happy state (western life style) also was not without issues and one of these issues were use of women as sex worked who often used to land in Moscow

Back
Top Bottom