What's new

This was Afghanistan before the Soviet invasion !

100527_14-Afghanistan-108.jpg

"Kabul is served by an up-to-date transportation system."

True but do they have even that now? That 1% elite is not even living in their own country. I feel for them and after looking at the pics posted in my last reply, you will feel that too.

i would side with 99% afghans then feeling sad about 1% elite

same stands for pakistan too

How the Afghans have lost their way..

This stuff makes me sad :tdown:

Makes me wonder. Where did it all go wrong?

It seems like in the early 70s, Afghanistan was way modern and advanced than India.

NOT Afghanistan but Kabul was more modern ( in outlook viz a viz women dresses and behviour) than Paris. they used to call Kabul another Paris.

But the main point was and still is that elites from Persian Speaking community were mainly like that and even today if you go to Kabul you will see these elites once again in same western style life.

one more point these elites when migrated to Pakistan due to war they were wearing the same here in my city Peshawar. they have same living style at home here still now

My father used to visit Afghanistan in those days, he even showed me his old pics.

From what he has told me, Kabul was modern and developed in parts but the majority of Afghanistan was backwards.

The extremists were present then too and it was known how ruthless and crazy they can be.

PDPA initiated a ten year modernization plan only to bring Afghanistan to Pakistani's and Iran's level.

These pics are not a true representation of Afghanistan, its not like it was a first world European country that was destroyed.

My father used to visit Afghanistan in those days, he even showed me his old pics.

From what he has told me, Kabul was modern and developed in parts but the majority of Afghanistan was backwards.

The extremists were present then too and it was known how ruthless and crazy they can be.

PDPA initiated a ten year modernization plan only to bring Afghanistan to Pakistani's and Iran's level.

These pics are not a true representation of Afghanistan, its not like it was a first world European country that was destroyed.

in every country when there is NO equality then the country starts slipping into a mess and grievances surface. same is case with Afghanistan too as i said Only KABUL was most modern and again the main reason was Social economic status of few. large parts were poor and they are still poor.

Kabul is back on Skirts era but thats not the achievement as these people were always having better economic status

Back
Top Bottom