What's new

‘They killed our mates, we want vengeance’

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why just the soldiers?? I think whole nation's blood was boiling when heard this terrible news.

Na...just a bit of chest thumping for the home audience.....the IA has proposed a flag meeting.

The Indian Army has proposed to hold a flag meeting soon, to discuss ways to restore normalcy along the 740-km Line of Control, where ceasefire has been maintained since November, 2003.

“A flag meeting at the brigade level may be convened for the resolution of issues leading to ceasefire violation, killing and mutilation of one soldier’s body. The date and location will be finalised after receiving Pakistan's response,” an Army officer said on Thursday.

Two days after the killing of two Indian soldiers of the 13 Rajputana Rifles, there was no let up in cross-border firing, with both sides blaming each other for the mortar and grenade attacks. On Thursday afternoon, the Pakistan army shelled Battal in Poonch sector for nearly two hours, inviting retaliatory action from India.

In Islamabad, the Pakistani army claimed that one of its soldiers was killed in the firing, a charge refuted by the Indian Army.

Defence Minister A K Antony briefed the Cabinet Committee on Security, chaired by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, on the tense border situation, an upshot of the “unprovoked” display of brutality by the Pakistani soldiers.

Once in three days

Though the events that gave shape to Tuesday’s skirmish leading to the death of Lance Naiks Sudhakar Singh and Hem Raj remain unclear, officials said incidences of ceasefire violation have surged in the last one year. The ceasefire was violated almost once in every three days in 2012. “There has been an increase in ceasefire violations. There has been an increase in infiltration attempts. And that is something we are dealing with, both ourselves and with the Pakistani authorities,” said National Security Adviser Shiv Shankar Menon.

As many as 117 instances of ceasefire violations were recorded in 2012, bulk of which occurred in the last five months. Between February and July, only 26 cases were recorded. In 2011, 30 instances of ceasefire violations were recorded, as against 44 in 2010. “Pakistan had carried out ceasefire violation on the night of January 5-6 and controlled retaliation was carried out by the Indian side on January 6,” the Army said in a statement.

“No line of control transgression has been resorted to by the Indian Army in Uri on January 6 as alleged,” the statement added.

Despite Pakistan denying involvement of its soldiers in the incident, both Antony and the Army reiterated that it was a handiwork of men in Pakistani uniform and not infiltrators. On Wednesday, Antony stated: “Pakistani army’s action is highly objectionable and also the way they treated the body of the Indian soldier is inhuman.”

“Sadly, it is not the first time this has happened. I hope it never happens again. But we have also told you exactly what we intend to do,” Menon said, hinting at External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid’s comments on the government’s plan to scale down tension in the conflict zone. Khurshid had underlined that India did not want to engage Pakistan publicly. “India wants to exhaust all standard procedures first," he had said.
Army for flag meet to defuse tension

as I said. be it hours days weeks, months.. they will retaliate since PA mutilated the body of their mate

BJP is going on countrywide protests from today.

BJP promises full support to GoI on any retaliation they order.

Troops are angry and want retaliation.

I think a retaliation is inevitable, but as you rightly said, the question is "WHEN" ?

Revenge is a dish best served cold. It will be done at a time and place of RajRif's choosing. There will be no beheading or other such unprofessional conduct. There will be flag meetings, and dialogues will continue. But RajRif will plan and execute and take revenge in good time, that is in their blood. It would be a severe dishonor for the particular paltan and its CO, if they did not avenge their jawan's murder. The last time pak soldiers beheaded a jawan of the IA, we know what happened later. The entire platoon, including mid ranking officers was killed by special forces in a counter op a long time later, after careful planning. There will be blood.

Revenge is a dish best served cold. It will be done at a time and place of RajRif's choosing. There will be no beheading or other such unprofessional conduct. The last time pak soldiers beheaded a jawan of the IA, we know what happened later. The entire platoon, including mid ranking officers was killed by special forces in a counter op a long time later, after careful planning. There will be blood.

Is there a backup to this claim ?

Revenge is a dish best served cold. It will be done at a time and place of RajRif's choosing. There will be no beheading or other such unprofessional conduct. The last time pak soldiers beheaded a jawan of the IA, we know what happened later. The entire platoon, including mid ranking officers was killed by special forces in a counter op a long time later, after careful planning. There will be blood.

Exactly.

I personally think now is not the right time since its everywhere in the media and the enemy is also on alert.

Let things cool down, Indian specials forces know exactly what they have to do.

In came in Hindu newspaper.

Last year Pakistan beheaded two of our soldiers. Indian special forces attacked a pakistani post, killed all its soldiers and beheaded two of them.

Yes, I will provide sources in about half an hour.

Adding later: This was the incident in question. Eerily similar action by a Pakistani BAT team, 2 years back. The response given officially was that "all the attackers were neutralized." The fact that it was done in a special op raid was not revealed publically, so you (or other members here) may assume that I lied about it. But the incident itself did happen, and there are lots more links and news articles to it. All of them saying that the attackers were neutralized by the IA, without details.

http://chhindits.blogspot.in/2011/08/flash-soon-after-indo-pak-talks.html

And here is how Pakistani websites reported the same incident:
http://greaterkashmir.com/news/2011/Aug/1/3-soldiers-killed-in-kupwara-102.asp

This link to BR talks about the succeeding events, and their coverage. I can't post it here, but you know how to get there. (And yes, I know that BR has no credibility here. So take it FWIW.)

http://forums..com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5059&start=3880

406011_10151211101408531_1094083567_n.jpg

but this guy did it in kargil,i dont rejoice death but i m posting on the bases of links n per topic.

Last day NDTV was interviewing a former general,He too claimed that paksitanis killed our soldier and we killed their 6-7 then later on they went with white flags.so this is fight of honor and mental victory.

I have been saying that LOC incidents are not reported in media and there are figures which are nor released in public.

The pre-planning of the Iraq war may have come out 5 years after the war. But the war itself wasn't reported by media 5 years after it happened. Don't you see the difference?

If today you came up with one newspaper report of a war in Iraq 8 years back, and nobody had ever heard of it then, and no media had reported of a war there until now, do you think I would believe that news report?

The incident itself will be reported then and there, that's the definition of "news". Now if the news was this sensational, of Indian soldiers beheading innocent village girls and taking the girls' heads away, all news media in pak would have reported it - private or government run.

As far as print media goes, plenty of private media existed in pak before '98, correct me if I am wrong. In any case, this is an internet forum. Words of people here have only as much credibility as the sources they can use to backup their words. I am not trying to pick on you, or to pretend that the Indian army is always in the right (as I said before, we in India do not have "holy cows" - except real cows, maybe). But if you come up with stories of such an incredible nature, you will need to provide backup sources. As I said before, such an incident would have been reported some time in the intervening decade, if not at that very time.

Also, things like Indian soldiers beheading innocent village girls unnecessarily do defy imagination, if you think about it neutrally. I wouldn't even believe that about Pakistani armymen, even though I'm Indian. (I only mean professional armymen. The so called "non-state-actor" terrorists are capable of that and more, and have done so. The massacre of innocent Sikh villagers in 2001 or 2002 in Indian Kashmir by Pakistani militants being a case in point.)

Again you missed the point. All other sources that reported it were hardcore right wing and even such websites reported it which I did not post intentionally for obvious reasons. This incident actually served as a catalyst for the ceasefire agreement which angered the Jehadis on our side and then began Musharraf bashing.

The point is Pakistani electronic media was non-existent before 2002 and urdu media is not picked up by the world media. Even today Indian Media is like a elephant and Pakistani media a mouse that is occasionally heard by the world. It was also not hyped too much because already they had planned to carry out a raid via Illyas. Both armies have killed in the past, but why did the indian media pick this particular case?

Please spare some time to watch this program if you have not already and yes please read confessions of a war reporter by Barkha Dutt.

The Last Word: Indian media's response to soldiers' killing jingoistic? The Last Word Videos-IBNLive

Last year Pakistan beheaded two of our soldiers. Indian special forces attacked a pakistani post, killed all its soldiers and beheaded two of them.

If this it true then well done IA !!

It seems we have grasped Chanakya neeti very well. :tup:

Cut the crap and get to the point. Your so-called brave warriors are hiding behind the excuse of being a 'disciplined force'. If your hands are tied don't whine.

dont cheerlead for pakistan.......look closely at BD border and you will see who's hands are tied.

Take care of your inability first then point fingers.

Even if the GoI orders a retaliation, there is no way they will this accept this in public.

And here is the relevant article from 'The Hindu'.

The Hindu : News / National : Indian, Pakistani Commanders to meet in bid to end bloody LoC skirmishes

Highly placed military sources told The Hindu that the fighting began after two Indian soldiers were beheaded in an attack on a forward position by a jihadist unit. Indian special forces responded by targeting a Pakistani forward post, killing several soldiers. Intermittent clashes continued through the year, into December.

We are waiting....and make it credible. !!

Hope the wait was worth it.:cheers:

Shits getting serious :blink:

(not sure how credible)

अनशन पर राजपूताना राइफल्स के 1,000 जवान

जम्मू: जम्मू-कश्मीर के मेंढर में नियंत्रण रेखा पर दो भारतीय जवानों की हत्या से राजपूताना राइफल्स के करीब एक हजार जवान गुस्से में हैं. इन जवानों ने दो दिन से खाना-पीना छोड़ा दिया है.

हालांकि मेंढर में तैनात सेना के कमांडिंग अफसर अनशन कर रहे जवानों को समझा रहे हैं, लेकिन जवान मानने को तैयार नहीं हैं.

इसी मंगलवार को पाकिस्तान की ओर से हुई फायरिंग में राजपूताना राइफल्स के दो जवानों के शहीद होने के बाद उनके शव के साथ पाकिस्तानी सेना की ओर से की गई बदसलूकी को लेकर जवानों में गुस्सा है.

पाकिस्तानी सेना ने राजपूताना राइफल्स के लांस नायक हेमराज और लांसनायक सुधाकर सिंह की हत्या कर कर उनका सिर काट लिया था.

1000 soldiers of the Rajputana Rifles are on a hunger strike protesting the beheading..commanders are trying to pacify them..still they have not withdrawn the fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom