What's new

The Tsunami has hit - Javed Hashmi joins PTI

there are news that Mrs. Nawaz went to Saad Rafique home to hold talks with Mr. Hashmi.....

If that happens, the whole Noon league will fall like a deck of cards. and the PPP will follow suit sooner or later...

Javed Hashmi is surely going to stick to his decision, and its seriously the end game of Nawaz sharif. a bye bye call

Javed Hashmi is surely going to stick to his decision, and its seriously the end game of Nawaz sharif. a bye bye call

It can also be a bargaining chip .....but either way the damage to PMLN and its leadership has already been done.

with all these people joining PTI, i guess the plan is all set & under way ... get all big names from different political party'z into PTI and let PTI form the next Gov. i could be wrong ....

It can also be a bargaining chip .....but either way the damage to PMLN and its leadership has already been done.

Na yar, Javed Hashmi is not the kind of person who would do such drama just to have a bargain.

today was Khuwaja Rafique's anniversary, who was there at aiwan-e-Iqbal ??? atleast they could have sent Hamza shehbaz...

besides the talks between IK and Hashmi took place 4 days ago, and til now, no body in Nawaz league was able to know about it...

there are reports that Mr. Hashmi have left the residence of Saad Rafique without talking to media & that the talks failed.....

Saad Rafique is saying that today was his dad's barsi & he invited all party leadership to his residence and nothing else have been discussed and all those reports not true.... i dunno whats happening

PML-N leaders trying to keep Hashmi away from PTI
DAWN.COM DawnNews (1 hour ago) Today
Senior leader of Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz Javed Hashmi. – File Photo

LAHORE: Leaders of Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) were trying to keep senior leader of the party Javed Hashmi under its fold, DawnNews reported on Friday.

Hashmi’s speech, during a seminar organised to commemorate the death anniversary of Late Khwaja Rafique, gave credence to speculations of him joining Pakistan Tehrik-i-Insaf.

Hashmi, during his speech, criticised the party chief Nawaz Sharif for helping Asif Ali Zardari being elected as the president.

He defended Imran Khan and his party for being criticised during the ceremony and said that “no one should make fun of the ‘tsunami’.”

At the end of the ceremony when media representatives wanted to question him about the speculations, PML-N leaders resisted the interaction and cordoned him off the arena.

According to sources, a party delegation was meeting the PML-N vice-president at the residence of Khwaja Saad Rafique, late on Friday evening, for persuading him to not join PTI.

it%2527s+coming.jpg

change%2Bis%2Bcoming%2B2.jpg

The most amazing thing for me, How Santro knew someone important in PML will join PTI which he predicted in some thread last week?............... ;)

Javed Hashmi met with some PML(N) goons, who tried to make him change his mind, but he reportedly did not budge.

Imran Khan also said on TV that tomorrow will be the final decision.

HUGE boost for PTI, and big blow for PML.

Why should a family of Sharifs rule over us???

Javed Hashmi to join PTI? Announcement tomorrow
Published: December 24, 2011

Javed Hashmi says an announcement will be made on Saturday. PHOTO: EXPRESS/FILE
LAHORE: The Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) supporters may have to wait till Saturday for news whether Pakistan Muslim League – Nawaz (PML-N) stalwart Makhdoom Javed Hashmi would cross over after a meeting between senior party leaders ended late on Friday with neither confirmations, nor denials, Express News reported on Friday.

Hashmi had been ferried off by PML-N members from a public event to Khwaja Saad Rafique’s residence for consultations. Ahsan Iqbal, Parvaiz Rasheed, other PML-N members were waiting for him there.

Javed Hashmi, and PTI chairman Imran Khan in separate statements had remained tight lipped about Hashmi’s future, that any announcement to come on Saturday, December 24.

Hashmi earlier in the night said that this was a time for the nation to stand united. When questioned over rumours about his switch, he said “I have heard these rumours too.”

Imran Khan, speaking to Express News in Karachi said that “you will hear good news tomorrow.”
Late on Friday night, Ahsan Iqbal, told media after an hour long meeting concluded at Saad Rafique’s house, that “he [Hashmi] is a big asset for the party, and that we will not allow any big news to be created.”

He urged the media from speculating, “Please do not run any story until he [Hashmi] himself issues a statement.”

Saad Rafique too sidestepped the Hashmi question saying “I had invited PML-N leaders to a commemorative meeting in honour of my late father, and naturally there were talks on politics.”

However, Rafique went on a tangent, “some members, including myself, had reservations and believed that PML-N should quit the Parliament and start an agitation movement against the government.”

He added that there was enough freedom in his party to openly discuss the matter and ultimately many members had voiced their opposition to the resignation option since it may be a suicide attack on democracy.

When pressed over Javed Hashmi’s alleged defection to PTI, he said that if any member had reservations, they would talk it out.
Parvaiz Malik, Parvaiz Rashid, Marvi Memon were also reported to have been present at the meeting.

Back
Top Bottom