What's new

The Top 10 Armies You Don't Want to Fight.

You need real War machines. As Israel have best defense system in the world, and leave their F15, they have missile system on jet which can destroy 10+ jets in no time. France have frigates, Destroyers, submarines, Mirages, Rafales... Pakistan have Jf17, mirages, f16, Submarines, frigates, Nuclear capable Cruise missiles, Conventional missiles, AWACS, HQs, POP EYE, nuclear power, Spada2000+, UAVs, Harpoon missiles,World latest Al-khalid tanks, Hackers , Pilot skills
India is 5th because of nuclear capable cruise & conventional missiles, latest jets, submarines(including nuclear), aircraft carrier, AWACS, Destroyers..................

Now you show your war machines if you have....

Iran produces frigates, submarines, MRBMs and SRBMs, tanks, UAVs, cruise missiles, etc... Iran has space launch capability and has an ambitious space program. It has some decent hackers and some skilled pilots. The only vulnerable part of Iran's military is the air force, but Iran's missiles can compensate that. Iran produces phased-array radars, Iran has an advanced electronics industry that only few countries in the region could compete with it. Iran has an ambitious national development plan that sets high goals for Iran to achieve, etc...
Iran has kilo submarines, Tor M1 missiles, C802, Ishkval torpedo, Kh55, Mig-29's (These ones are not ancient lol). I also knew that Iran had a Ilyushin-76 that Iran used it as AWACS that crashed I think. The list of equipments of the Iranian army can fill several pages if I want to introduce them one by one.

If we exclude Iran's air force, other Iranian forces are really good. Also do not forget to count the IRGC in as well. They have their own air force and they operate Sukhoi-24, Sukhoi-25 and Mig-29 too.

I hate when these types of lists come up, from "analysts" who have zero knowledge of the subject they are writing on.

I don't wanna troll here otherwise I would have talked about the rubbish he said about Pakistan losing wars. Poor soul!

Lets see what the topic says. The top 10 Armies you don't wanna fight. The word "Armies", not talking about the whole Military.

Here's my list with reasons.

1. China - Because of its huge Troops level. Advanced weapons, very skilled troops.
2. USA - Small Army if compared with Russia but still technological edge is with them. One of the best training for the troops.
3. Russia - They too have a large number of Troops, skilled troops, technologically advancing rapidly.
4. India - A large Army, yet not advanced as countries mentioned above, my reason for placing them on 4th is because of its manpower, you can't ignore this factor, on the ground, it's always the foot Soldiers that count.
5. Pakistan/North Korea - Same reason, a large number of troops, Pakistan Army is way more advanced than NK but then again, the training that the North Koreans get are one of the best. I still put Pakistan above NK, not being biased at all.
6. Iran - A large number of troops, very well motivated Army.
7. Turkey - Placed below Iran because of Troops level, otherwise it's technologically more advanced than Iran, maybe even more than Pakistan in some fields.
8. Israel - One of the best trained Army in the world. Disadvantage is just their size.
9. Brazil/France
10. UK

This makes better sense though I'd place Israel and Japan higher. France... you know how they fought historically. :azn: As to China, it hasn't been involved in any real war in over 30 years and this generation of soldiers are no where near to those fought the Korean War in terms of pretty much everything other than that they can operate computers. So even 3rd place could be challenged.

France kicked a lot of peoples @ss in Europe...

Here's a good example..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hundred_Years'_War

Even the Normans that invaded Britain were French-Vikings.

You need real War machines. As Israel have best defense system in the world, and leave their F15, they have missile system on jet which can destroy 10+ jets in no time. France have frigates, Destroyers, submarines, Mirages, Rafales... Pakistan have Jf17, mirages, f16, Submarines, frigates, Nuclear capable Cruise missiles, Conventional missiles, AWACS, HQs, POP EYE, nuclear power, Spada2000+, UAVs, Harpoon missiles,World latest Al-khalid tanks, Hackers , Pilot skills
India is 5th because of nuclear capable cruise & conventional missiles, latest jets, submarines(including nuclear), aircraft carrier, AWACS, Destroyers..................

Now you show your war machines if you have....
Well Iran has all the ones i made them bold above.some better than Pakistan.
You forgot the fact that we produce much of our equipment in the country but Pakistan is relatively dependent on imports.and also it's not all about equipment but experience is an other important factor.Don't only count on regular army.IRGC is one of the best and largest guerrilla-type army in the world.Did you see what Hezbollah did to IDF in 2006 war?
I bet you don't know the word 'Partisan' is derived from ancient Persian era of Parthian Empire (247 BC – 224 AD) who invented the irregular armies.We are one of the best at it.

I know these stuff but I'd call it ancient history. If you look at 19th century and onward, it could not even win 3rd world countries with much better weapons.

Well, lets agree that ALL of that is history now.

I don't think it's fair to rule out a nation like France.

Well Iran has all the ones i made them bold above.some better than Pakistan.
You forgot the fact that we produce much of our equipment in the country but Pakistan is relatively dependent on imports.and also it's not all about equipment but experience is an other important factor.Don't only count on regular army.IRGC is one of the best and largest guerrilla-type army in the world.Did you see what Hezbollah did to IDF in 2006 war?

Brother, you missed his point, not trying to compare the both countries but everyone knows what power Pakistan has, I mean it's not about what's being imported and what not, even today, if are sanctioned, we'll be still be doing good 'cause our domestic defence industry is growing rapidly.

Now lets talk about the irregulars, do you even know Pakistan and Israel are the 2 most heavily armed Nations on earth. Pakistan is perhaps the most heavily armed Nation in the world, every house has a weapon. We can built an army of around half a million quite well trained soldiers in a matter of months when faced with a war like situation. We have almost 1 Million armed people in Tribal belt of Pakistan, always ready to defend the motherland.

One has to admit, in trying to counter a bigger enemy like India, Pakistan's Military have become one of the most deadliest in the world.

Then would you tell me which countries are militarily independent in your opinion please? With your definition I think even the USA and Russia are militarily dependent countries.

US, France, Russia and as of January 2011 China are the only independent countries.

Brother, you missed his point, not trying to compare the both countries but everyone knows what power Pakistan has, I mean it's not about what's being imported and what not, even today, if are sanctioned, we'll be still be doing good 'cause our domestic defence industry is growing rapidly.

Now lets talk about the irregulars, do you even know Pakistan and Israel are the 2 most heavily armed Nations on earth. Pakistan is perhaps the most heavily armed Nation in the world, every house has a weapon. We can built an army of around half a million quite well trained soldiers in a matter of months when faced with a war like situation. We have almost 1 Million armed people in Tribal belt of Pakistan, always ready to defend the motherland.

One has to admit, in trying to counter a bigger enemy like India, Pakistan's Military have become one of the most deadliest in the world.

The point is not about comparison between the two countries, he was asking about Iran's military power and we're just solving misconceptions.
Iran too has Basij. A fairly well-trained volunteer militia. Moreover, all Iranian students (boys) have to take a course that is called 'Defense preparedness' in the 10th grade. They read about emergency aids, earthquakes, navigation in deserts with simple tools, lessons related to C/B/R , etc. They also go to a military garrison to learn how to shoot with AK-47. Girl students learn about earthquakes and natural disasters and the measures they should take and emergency aids.

Iran has over 10 million registered basijis that can be armed if need be.

Iran produces frigates, submarines, MRBMs and SRBMs, tanks, UAVs, cruise missiles, etc... Iran has space launch capability and has an ambitious space program. It has some decent hackers and some skilled pilots. The only vulnerable part of Iran's military is the air force, but Iran's missiles can compensate that. Iran produces phased-array radars, Iran has an advanced electronics industry that only few countries in the region could compete with it. Iran has an ambitious national development plan that sets high goals for Iran to achieve, etc...
Iran has kilo submarines, Tor M1 missiles, C802, Ishkval torpedo, Kh55, Mig-29's (These ones are not ancient lol). I also knew that Iran had a Ilyushin-76 that Iran used it as AWACS that crashed I think. The list of equipments of the Iranian army can fill several pages if I want to introduce them one by one.

If we exclude Iran's air force, other Iranian forces are really good. Also do not forget to count the IRGC in as well. They have their own air force and they operate Sukhoi-24, Sukhoi-25 and Mig-29 too.
Oops missile like C802 is good but ranges are not enough 120.
Dude Ballistic Missile is anti destroy practice for opponent these days. 20 years ago, it was considered very aggressive and dangerous weapons, but now it is anti destroy practice. Cruise missile is serious weapon these days... (Less detectable, terrain hugging)
You have no home made cruise missile but it is exported and have one with range 120km and other 150k- 180m.

Airforce
Sukhoi Su-24 32
Sukhoi Su-25 13
Mig-29C/UB 25
Dassault Mirage F1 10.
Dude this is not enough.

Your navy is looking good with Kilo class submarines, Jamaran destroyer is excellent addition.
Hacker is also your good weapon.

Very fragile air force which is considered key for success.
Reasonable Navy but not enough.

US, France, Russia and as of January 2011 China are the only independent countries.

Explain your reasons too please. I disagree that China and France are independent. Russia maybe, IMHO the USA is the only nation on the planet that can remain a military super power even without foreign help.

No offence but this so called deadliest army is ruled by paper tigers who are too afraid to fight and busy in filling their piggy banks

Explain your reasons too please. I disagree that China and France are independent. Russia maybe, IMHO the USA is the only nation on the planet that can remain a military super power even without foreign help.

China and France both manufacture their own surface ships, missiles, tanks, rifles, submarines, sonar, radar, avionics, and aircraft engines (even if the engines are inferior, we can make do with bad engines, instead of be faced with NO ENGINES). China and France both have semiconductor foundries, steel mills and oil refineries needed to make the materials to make these weapons.

The only thing China and France cannot independently manufacture are large commercial jets which are used as transports, tankers and AWAC. France has access due to being part of Airbus, but that's not independent. China can't manufacture transports, tankers and AWAC yet, but we have improvised with small prop planes as AWACs, bombers converted to tankers, and civilian jetliners converted to transports.

If conventional weapons were to be put to place, then, the top 10 armies would be this;

1.) USA
2.) Russia
3.) China
4.) India
5.) United Kingdom
6.) France
7.) Israel
8.) Turkey - Pakistan
9.) Turkey - Pakistan
10.) North Korea
11.) Brazil
12.) South Korea
13.) Japan - Germany
14.) Japan - Germany
15.) Iran
16.) Taiwan
17.) Egypt
18.) Italy
19.) Indonesia
20.) Thailand.

The point is not about comparison between the two countries, he was asking about Iran's military power and we're just solving misconceptions.
Iran too has Basij. A fairly well-trained volunteer militia. Moreover, all Iranian students (boys) have to take a course that is called 'Defense preparedness' in the 10th grade. They read about emergency aids, earthquakes, navigation in deserts with simple tools, lessons related to C/B/R , etc. They also go to a military garrison to learn how to shoot with AK-47. Girl students learn about earthquakes and natural disasters and the measures they should take and emergency aids.

Iran has over 10 million registered basijis that can be armed if need be.

A decade back we also had the military training for students prog.... not anymore though... right now we have around 1 million soldier(combined) and more than 350,00000 paramilitary soldiers... 1 million armed volunteers frm FATA alone.. not to forget other parts of the country.. also Pakistan is not very dependant on other nations.. except for F-16 parts or BVRs... even though we have a few BVR progs under development.. and all heavy equipment minus helis are built in Pakistan... for eg:
APCs,IFVs,MBTs,Frigs N subs(with tot)...weapons,arty,mbrls,small weapons,ammo,kevlar,jets,trainers,UAVs,UCAV(under development),stealthy cruise missiles,air launched CMs,ballistic missiles,miniature nuke MBRLs etc.

We can gather millions of armed volunteers in a week or so... considering every house has an AK or 2... even RPGs,LMGs, and HMGs... heck even an APC was found n siezed by police in FATA..LOL

Back
Top Bottom