What's new

The situation in Sri Lanka, Chinese debt, Washington warned Dhaka

Actually there are many countries lining up to lend BD as its current economic development and future potential is recognised.

We do not need to be grateful to China. Its a business transaction, both side benefits and deals will continue until it does not.

Where do you get that BD expects anyone to provide for it.

As the burmese it is a fascist state filled with hateful neanderthals. No one in BD gives a damn about the hellhole that is Burma but we will not accept progrom against the rohingya.

I personally am enjoying the current spectacle in burma....i wish it all the ill in the world...but it is probably unnecessary, you always reap what you sow.
Then it is as simple as that.

Don't borrow from China. Her interest is high and it is a debt trap.

Since so many nations and institutions are lining up to lend to BD. Good luck.

BTW leave your political opinions at home.

We are talking about loans in here.

Why everyone talks like China is begging to lend money to other countries, this is really absurd. Borrowing money or not or from whom to borrow is up to borrower countries, not up to China, why many here just can't see this common sense or they just pretend not to see it?

Why everyone talks like China is begging to lend money to other countries, this is really absurd.
Please. Begging others to take loans is an Indian speciality.
China is not capable of pulling that off.

Please. Begging others to take loans is an Indian speciality.
China is not capable of pulling that off.

India itself is actually the biggest borrower of China backed AIIB

Instead of giving good advice to the ignorant govt of SL, it built another new port with loans from China. It was intentional and as a result SL has to give up the sovereignty of that port.

There are also many infrastructure projects built by China in BD which are not economically feasible because they will not produce wealth. So, next time I plead that China either directly invests in the industries in BD or extend industrial loans to this poor country.

Infrastructure projects look good but it may take 250 years to earn money from them for repayment. China is not sincere and broad hearted anywhere including BD and the African countries.
Just wait.
Papa Xi army will come behind you in hoards.

Then it is as simple as that.

Don't borrow from China. Her interest is high and it is a debt trap.

Since so many nations and institutions are lining up to lend to BD. Good luck.

BTW leave your political opinions at home.

We are talking about loans in here.

I will do that if you leave your pomposity at your home.

You failed to understand anything that is being said. Why are you tagging me to state BB should not borrow from China? Have I said anything against chinese loans?

Why everyone talks like China is begging to lend money to other countries, this is really absurd. Borrowing money or not or from whom to borrow is up to borrower countries, not up to China, why many here just can't see this common sense or they just pretend not to see it?
Beyond a couple of indian idiots no one is making such claim.

Sri-Lanka's economic woes are self inflicted. (it is responsible for the current crisis)

its not the lender's (China) fault that the Sri-Lankan president used the money on Blackjack and cocaine...

I will do that if you leave your pomposity at your home.

You failed to understand anything that is being said. Why are you tagging me to state BB should not borrow from China? Have I said anything against chinese loans?

Beyond a couple of indian idiots no one is making such claim.
Really. Your response is directly correlated to my earlier observation.

If so many countries are lining up to lend to BD as you claimed then don't bothered to ask China for a loan.

For heaven's sake, Just don't borrow from China. China is not BD ATM.

But refrain frim making all the unfounded allegation, a repetition of the current demonization by the West and to me, that is ingratitude if China did committed or agreed to helps BD by her citizens.

I hope the Chinese banking officials are looking at this thread in evaluating any future loans to BD.

As I says before China banking interest rate may be high, the West and now probably you concurred and concluded that it is a debt trap. So be it. Just don't borrow.

Important point is BD has a choice which institution she can goes to since lenders are lining up.

As far as neo Robert Clive will be neutralized , every nation will be saved.

No need to warn about Chinese debt . Countries should be aware of the beast of the earth ( EU and other USA puppet ) and the beast of the sea (USA itself).

China and Russia are the last stand of sovereignty against these colonial monsters, who colonized the whole world apart from Russia and China!

Blaming who lends your money for your problems is the dumbest thing one can ever imagine. Do you know China used to be the biggest borrower in the world for over 3 decades, mainly from the west, did you ever hear China blaming the west for lending us money? Can you actually force to lend money to someone if they don't want? so dumb...
Don't bother taking their words seriously. Such expats don't represent Bangladesh. They live in foreign countries , get high salaries , enjoy high standard of living and shade crocodile tear for Bangladesh.

They have zero knowledge of ground reality of Bangladesh. They always believe the western propaganda news and can't think beyond it.

Such people need to starve in Bangladesh with poor people. Then only they will understand what is hunger and what is the necessity of development with loans.

If I get devine power for only one day , I would force them to live the life of hungry people for a decade.

Starving would teach them food is more desirable than voting rights!

Last edited:
Really. Your response is directly correlated to my earlier observation.

If so many countries are lining up to lend to BD as you claimed then don't bothered to ask China for a loan.

For heaven's sake, Just don't borrow from China. China is not BD ATM.

But refrain frim making all the unfounded allegation, a repetition of the current demonization by the West and to me, that is ingratitude if China did committed or agreed to helps BD by her citizens.

I hope the Chinese banking officials are looking at this thread in evaluating any future loans to BD.

As I says before China banking interest rate may be high, the West and now probably you concurred and concluded that it is a debt trap. So be it. Just don't borrow.

Important point is BD has a choice which institution she can goes to since lenders are lining up.
your observation and correlation is deficient... go through the thread. You are talking out of your backside. Only indians here is talking about chinese debt trap.... BDs are not, we do not recognise this as an issue.

BD has funding requirement and it approaches multiple lenders and picks the best one.

Its business and gratitude does not come into it, its a win win for all.

Guys, enjoy this video to know what may happen in the near future to Bangladesh. Issue is not really the Chinese loan but it is the total amount of loans a country is burdened with, and when a country cannot fulfill its pleas of repaying the debts, it becomes an issue.

In my personal opinion, BD will survive if its total export volume grows near $80 billion per year. With this money at hand, BD will certainly surmount a repayment issue.

However, someone was sounding alarm that BD import value is above $80 billion last year.

Last edited:
:rofl:
Yes, I am sure that is how Chinese banks evaluate loan proposals - by reviewing threads on PDF.
:coffee: :sarcastic: :sarcastic:
It would be a pretty good as a negative point apart from the usual method of assessment while processing any loans by banking professionals, don't you agree?

Even if one succeed to convince these banks, they still have to pass thru the tight scrutiny of the Chinese bank regulators to get the fund released. Not so easy nowadays.

BTW should anyone lend money to people who badmouth them or likely to do so when they default?

So my advice to ignorant folks esp. the business communities has always been "Don't offend your bankers".

Not everyone is so magnanimous like the Chinese.

Last edited:
your observation and correlation is deficient... go through the thread. You are talking out of your backside. Only indians here is talking about chinese debt trap.... BDs are not, we do not recognise this as an issue.

BD has funding requirement and it approaches multiple lenders and picks the best one.

Its business and gratitude does not come into it, its a win win for all.
Deficiency???

You just spew faeces thru your mouth and is you are talking thru the rear.

:omghaha: :omghaha: :omghaha:

Western banks are now lining up to lend to a great economy like BD. That is good news.

And Western banks are prepared to forego "Risk Management" when it comes to BD.
That is also good.

It is so funny when I read that Sri Lanka Government are requesting for a USD2.1 billion from China quite recently despite the past loans being accused of being debt trap.

They need the loans to pay for the interest for the Angelic Debts by EU banks.

Back
Top Bottom