What's new

The Problem of Urdu

What next? Stop teaching Pakistani children mathematics because some ancient Hindu found out something or the other or that they invented the number system? Already true of Yoga, I guess. What do you suggest Hindus do? Stop taking children to see the Taj Mahal or any number of monuments built by Muslims because they almost certainly have a hidden Islamic sub context somewhere? Hindu & Muslim children should never see the inside of the Vatican or admire the great masterpieces that were created because they have a religious context? Everyone should stop appreciating Qawwali because it has a religious context somewhere? Btw, when you are at it, are you going to stop children in Pakistan from watching movies on mythological characters like Thor because there might be some connection to the Hindu god Indra?

I really have to disagree with you. I don't know about you but I would never wish such a constricted world view on any children, Pakistani or Indian.

:laugh: you are twisting words.

nobody is denying any teaching of maths or any hindu invention/discovery.

tell me just one thing why Indians needed to have a hindu god to provide entertainment cum religious teaching to kids ?

why cant a normal monkey or elephant or doll or human or a bird without a tilak .

1. Panda is NOT a budhist god.

2. Why Indians needed to integrate religion through religious figures into entertainment for kids?

3. Just imagine if tomorrow a Pakistani comic writer came up with same hunuman character sans religous teaching but just posing as funny joker to entertain kids and am sure they will get entertain . how will you take it?

4. nobody get converted through this stuff. the point is not of any such fear. the POINT is Indians should or to say anyone should avoid preaching religion through cartoons in name of entertainment.

5. i have no issue with your movies based on hindu mythology for grownups. its just that Indians should STOP using cartoon as a religion preaching religion to kids.

It infact Indian inability to defend religion based cartoons for kids.

we dont need to beat the kids we only need to dub this hunuman character in our own script ;) lets see how much the hindus from indian like it.

Hinduism is based on mythology. Indian animated series are made for an Indian audience. It will obviously have shades of Hinduism rather than Greek or Nordic mythology. You think the producers want to make money or do you think they want to convert Muslim children in Pakistan to Hinduism?

2. Why Indians needed to integrate religion through religious figures into entertainment for kids?

3. Just imagine if tomorrow a Pakistani comic writer came up with same hunuman character sans religous teaching but just posing as funny joker to entertain kids and am sure they will get entertain . how will you take it?

4. nobody get converted through this stuff. the point is not of any such fear. the POINT is Indians should or to say anyone should avoid preaching religion through cartoons in name of entertainment.

5. i have no issue with your movies based on hindu mythology for grownups. its just that Indians should STOP using cartoon as a religion preaching religion to kids.

we dont need to beat the kids we only need to dub this hunuman character in our own script ;) lets see how much the hindus from indian like it.

Most Indians don't care. Infact I think even on PDF hardly any Indians knew about this until this thread started. At the end of the its your country and your Kids do what you feel is best. But hopefully all this doesn't stay on PDF and hopefully some action will happen in the field.

Regarding your comment on religion based cartoon...the issue is actually your inability to differentiate religion and culture. There is no religion in any of these cartoons.

Can Pakistanis offer an alternative to their Children??? if not they will have to live with this for ever.... kids need to be entertained ..and fortunately Indians have found a way to fight off Jap and Chinese cartoons (Doremo.. Pokemon) and our kids like Hindu religion based cartoons....

If Pakistanis want their kids to sop watching Indian cartons..start producing something of their own ....

For the record I and am sure many other kids in India enjoyed reading the Arabian Nights when we were growing up. I certainly don't know of anyone who converted to Islam because of reading the Arabian Nights. Nor do I know of any Muslims who converted to Hinduism on reading Panchtantra.

Hinduism is based on mythology. Indian animated series are made for an Indian audience. It will obviously have shades of Hinduism rather than Greek or Nordic mythology. You think the producers want to make money or do you think they want to convert Muslim children in Pakistan to Hinduism?

1. Agreed to first part.

2. All these points in bold in your post are the reasons we are entitled to oppose airing of these cartoons in our country. Its NOT about insecurity or anything like that. its just that its NOT for Pakistani kids it caters to majority Indian particular community kids.

tell me just one thing why Indians needed to have a hindu god to provide entertainment cum religious teaching to kids ?

why cant a normal monkey or elephant or doll or human or a bird without a tilak .

Not intentional. These characters are already well known, though any mythological stories about the younger versions of these two characters(CB & CH) are largely fictitious & almost certainly, non-religious. These characters were used to attract attention of Indian children, the Pakistani fan base is simply incidental. When starting new (Indian cartoons on TV are fairly recent), these might have seemed to have some name-recognition, something that might have helped garner initial viewership through curiosity. Other than their names, everything they do has almost no connection to any mythology. To look for one is pointless. In any case I leave it to your judgement, I don't expect you will come around to my way of thinking.

For the record I and am sure many other kids in India enjoyed reading the Arabian Nights when we were growing up. I certainly don't know of anyone who converted to Islam because of reading the Arabian Nights. Nor do I know of any Muslims who converted to Hinduism on reading Panchtantra.

How Arabian nights teach anything about Islam?

and oh by the way its not about hindu characters but hindu religion.
separate religion from kids entertainment..

its insecurity of your own people who are infusing religion into kids entertainment

While CB is not a God, Hanuman is a deity.
Again, you need to understand that hindus dont preach. there is no conversion (although it is being done now, its really not there).
Its difficult to explain(or maybe Im not good at it) how just because you portray someone who we worship as a person / character it does not make it religious or demeaning.
When you say preaching, does any of the cartoon say about hinduism or conversion or what the kids should not do froma a religious angle? I dont konw because i havent see CB or CH with attention although it runs in the background of some families I visit.
Let me put it this way , Narnia is very distinctly Christian theme including Christs resurrection and Lord of the Rings and Harry potter very pagan. Were they banned in Pak?
I feel too much is being made out of it. Do you think its difficult to teach kids islm if they see Chhota hanuman? or if they read biblew?

1. Agreed to first part.

2. All these points in bold in your post are the reasons we are entitled to oppose airing of these cartoons in our country. Its NOT about insecurity or anything like that. its just that its NOT for Pakistani kids it caters to majority Indian particular community kids.

Any body who says that Hinduism is based on mythology has absolutely no idea of Hinduism. Please don't pass judgements on others religion if you don't understand them.

Mythology is closely related to culture and has been part of all civilizations including Islamic, Christians, Pagan and Hinduism.
The problem here is that most of you can't differentiate between religion and culture especially when it comes to Hinduism.

How Arabian nights teach anything about Islam?

and oh by the way its not about hindu characters but hindu religion.
separate religion from kids entertainment..

its insecurity of your own people who are infusing religion into kids entertainment

again, we explain these things through characterisation. if gandhi cartoon says do good its ok, but if hanuman says do good its not correct? is that what you saying?

Can Pakistanis offer an alternative to their Children??? if not they will have to live with this for ever.... kids need to be entertained ..and fortunately Indians have found a way to fight off Jap and Chinese cartoons (Doremo.. Pokemon) and our kids like Hindu religion based cartoons....

If Pakistanis want their kids to sop watching Indian cartons..start producing something of their own ....

i agree with you. we need to develop ours . The issue is not of Indian cartoons but of religious color in these.

No Indian will like a Muslim religious teaching based cartoon for his/her kids.

ok..sorry.. I forgot to include iranians and turks. :)
so which bit of iranian culture do you have (multi layer makeup on face not included) :)

offtopic: It will be nice if we can have a diversity in pakistan thread (with members from diffrent culture/language contributing). Lot of us Indians are ignorant about it (and too lazy to google)

Thank God we are not arrogant islam teaches us lesson of politeness and equality :D and we dnt need google's support we knw what we are.

Back to the topic: includng poetry, story writing, food etc etc. Iranis and Afghanis usd to attackd hindustan and left their culture there.

i agree with you. we need to develop ours . The issue is not of Indian cartoons but of religious color in these.

No Indian will like a Muslim religious teaching based cartoon for his/her kids.

you are wrong. if there is a cartoon based on propets life i am sure there will be no objection from hindu parents.
You cant say "no indian" will ike it. From my understanding most hindus wont object. some bajrand dal types may. apart from that it will be okay.

Back
Top Bottom