What's new

The 'poor' neighbour( old article but nice read)

Status
Not open for further replies.
.But i think a more stark difference btwn the two would become apparent in a decade or two.

Bulls eye! The article in question dates back to 2006-07 (4-5years) ago, just to re-emphasize what you said, they are forced to use an article that was printed 4-5 years ago to make a case.

In the current situation considering the WOT, socio-religious problems, crumbling economy, devastating flood, problems with education, PAK is stagnant, if not taking steps backwards. In the same time line India is taking bigger steps forward with high emphasis on growth. I don't think you need to wait a decade to see the difference.

The key to understanding this is in realizing that an article that is almost half a decade old is being used to draw parallels.

Yes we have less roads coz our territory is smaller as compared to indias.

Okay a city of 2 crore will obviously have a bigger airport than a city of 90 lac??Logic......

P.S=Many airports are under construction in Pakistan...

Dude have u ever been to Pakistan???? how can u compare tht with india??? u also have power cuts...

Ask the british guy who wrote the article..........I think he lives in india.

Yet u cant even match something like M-2..... Frm wat i have heard frm some indian members on PDF ....indian roads r filled with holes n watnot... So lets be truthful here.

HAHAHAHA............Still can u compare them with this:
313hjs5.jpg

25ps8yh.jpg

Our average roads are bigger than the pics u posted........
RIght u want size, i will give u size
delhigurgaonexpresswaytollplaza325_030211011353.jpg

toll_gate.jpg

Now can we plz stop this childish discussion.

Okay a city of 2 crore will obviously have a bigger airport than a city of 90 lac??Logic......

Dude have u ever been to Pakistan???? how can u compare tht with india??? u also have power cuts...

Yet u cant even match something like M-2..... Frm wat i have heard frm some indian members on PDF ....indian roads r filled with holes n watnot... So lets be truthful here.

313hjs5.jpg

25ps8yh.jpg

man you are a kid do you even know how much are that highway covers that was the reason why i asked you to google it so you dont make a joke out of yourself but you failed to do so also check east west and north south corridore which will help you so next time google before you speak

LOL........ maybe the foriegners who have visited both countries......LIE.

mumbai to pune might be the only big thing u can boast off with a length of 58 kms.............While all M-2s are 6 laned and are spread all over the country..while more are under construction.

Do u have metros ? :D

U got pawned :P

We have golden quadrilateral like u r M-2 .
It is 4-10 lanes . Normally 6 lanes .
Plus other 4 lanes national highways which are not connected to golden quad .

Here is enough evidence of the growth in India

China now dominates world cement statistics consuming 1851Mt in 2010, almost double 2004 levels, while India, the world's second-largest consumer registered 212Mt in 2010. The United States, the third-largest consumer, saw demand fall down to 69Mt.
Global cement consumption set to reach new highs

Bangladesh is currently the largest cement and clinker import nation worldwide with over 12Mt of deliveries in 2010 followed by Nigeria at 7Mt and the USA at close to 6Mt (down from 36Mt in 2006).

Do u have metros ? :D

U got pawned :P

We have golden quadrilateral like u r M-2 .
It is 4-10 lanes . Normally 6 lanes .
Plus other 4 lanes national highways which are not connected to golden quad .

Abt metros......we have them under construction...... in Karachi,multan,lahore and rawalpindi........
Abt the 4-10 lanes od golden thing....read this:
Golden Quadrilateral - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

@Indians . This article was written in Mush era .

That time India had heavy power cuts of about 4-5 hrs a day .

In this 4 years , India's electricity shortage has decreased while that of Pakistan has increased heavily .

About infra I am still doubtful .

So the writer is right abt electricity .
The situation in these 4 years have changed drastically in India's favour

313hjs5.jpg

25ps8yh.jpg

u mean size of the road
:argh::argh::argh:

Gurgaon Delhi Expressway....... :tongue:

@Indians . This article was written in Mush era .

That time India had heavy power cuts of about 4-5 hrs a day .

In this 4 years , India's electricity shortage has decreased while that of Pakistan has increased heavily .

About infra I am still doubtful .

So the writer is right abt electricity .
The situation in these 4 years have changed drastically in India's favour

Dude my city never had power cuts the powercuts were mainly in states like up and bihar
well my city has huge army build up dedicated dams maybe thats why it never use to happen in my city

Did you bothered to read the second article ?
Haq's Musings: India and Pakistan Contrasted in 2010

Yes first article was written on aug 2007 and may be india has overcome all its problems in less than four years with some magic..right?
Yeah they changed drastically in India's favour .
We had large power shortage 4 years ago . Now the demand and supply has become equal in southern and western states .

Then abt completed infra
Bandra Worli sealink
Delhi airports new terminus
Delhi metro expanded

We have 19 deep sea ports alrdy and u r overhyped Gwadar port is facing problems coz of the security problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom