What's new

The New Pakistan US Relationship (After the Salala Check-Post Attack)

- Provide Pakistan with a nuclear deal similar to India's.
- Pressure Australia to sell uranium to Pakistan like they did for India.
- Provide Pakistan with trade exemptions and favorable trade terms.
- Reverse media demonization of Pakistan (we all know how 'independent' is the Western media).
- Stop propping up India in Afghanistan at Pakistan's expense.

Once all these actions have been done, the above premise can be taken more seriously.

NONE of these items are possible, realistically speaking. Pakistan will have to come up with something else I guess.

---------- Post added at 01:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 PM ----------

And ask Hollywood to make a movie which shows Pakistan in positive light

Who asks or tells Hollywood what to do? That beast is its own master.

This one is a non-starter too.

After looking at these reports above I guess our military ties will grow stronger with the US....
For the US to Keep doing false flag operations against Pakistan, its gonna make our pplz/country very happi with U guyz......
What a damn hypocritic country US is wants closer military ties with us to backstab us further.....:smokin:

- Reverse media demonization of Pakistan (we all know how 'independent' is the Western media).

Once all these actions have been done, the above premise can be taken more seriously.

why are u guys bringing our name in between.

You guys (US & Pakistan ) get a room and sort out ur own sh!t between urselves.

India obsession much ? India & Pakistan have been de-hyphenated long back. It's about time Pakistan came to grips with that.

This Pakistani mentality of the world owing them something,just because they are Pakistani - the sense of entitlement is something I cannot understand.

India never demanded that they be sold F-16 just because US sells it to Pak. That is the difference between India and Pakistan.We are confident enough to forge our own path, independent of pakistan..but Pakistan just wants to take the route paved by India. It is like the younger brother wanting something just because the elder one has it and piffing/pouting just because he doesn;t get it.

India obsession much ? India & Pakistan have been de-hyphenated long back. It's about time Pakistan came to grips with that.

Funny reading that from an Indian member on a Pakistani forum.

This Pakistani mentality of the world owing them something,just because they are Pakistani is something I cannot understand.

Indians obsession with Chinese and Pakistani is something no one can understand.

For Pakistani members and developereo in particular... Please on YouTube watch few westerners analysis of Pakistan after last Hilary's visit... And plz don't bring India in this

3 of the 5 things you asked for seem to have an India angle.. Why cant you have an independent relationship with USA.. ?? Get over this entitlement mindset based on India's relationships in the world..

How about just leave us alone ?

Lets be Perfect Strangers !

No. Think harder.

There is nothing more to think about. Fact is Indians are obsessed with Pakistan and China. Hence hardly anyone of us uses the Indian echo chamber...erm I mean defense forum. :rolleyes:

I'm fine by it. There is no shame in emulating China in areas which it has developed. It's just we have moved past Pakistan.

Does it make much sense to the readers? Do you see Chinese people flooding your Indian defense forum? China is way ahead of India. Am I making it easy enough for you to understand or are you still trapped in that little fantasy world of yours? :azn:

There is nothing more to think about. Fact is Indians are obsessed with Pakistan and China. Hence hardly anyone of us uses the Indian echo chamber...erm I mean defense forum.

Yes it is there. You are just not doing your proclaimed IQ enough justification. :azn:

Anyway I see you are just trolling bringing in China, while the topic was de-hyphenation of India and Pakistan. Stay on topic !

A true US-Pakistan partnership seems very unlikely.

US has committed to a strategic partnership with India, not so much because they care about India, rather using India as a counterbalance to China, and building them up for the long haul to deal with a perceived Chinese threat. Divide and conquer strategy once again. But then historic animosities between China and India seem so deep rooted that it is unlikely that they could come together, so perhaps this is best for both countries ?

Pakistan, being aligned with China to some extent, and opposed to India, does not fit the bill for the US, as strengthening Pakistan would both strengthen China and weaken India's position (perhaps). The bigger prize for the US is India, not Pakistan.

It seems that the Pakistani generals have realized this and are moving away from the US. But what is Pakistan's long term strategic goal ? It seems to me that Pakistan, like Iran, does not have many good choices ahead. It may seem that Iran is on the rise, but the current sanctions will weaken Iran.

Pakistan has great potential as a country. It needs a government that will put focus on developing the country much faster. How will this be achieved ? The roadblocks seem very challenging.

Since Pakistan and India are almost the same people, if they decided to set aside their animosity, perhaps Pakistan's future would benefit, and they could align with both India and US, but this means moving away from China.

Just general impressions ... I hope to learn more from our Chinese, Indian, and Pakistani members about the situation.

Back
Top Bottom