What's new

The name "jew" lands pakistani christian in trouble.

Jew is a sick name. I'm a name my son that. So it'll be Jew Khan, such a sexy name.

^Yahuudah (Yahuda) will be much more authentic and original. In our family we have many Prophets' names (usually associated with the Old Testament), so I'll encourage people to bring in one Yahuudah as well.

if you have to look at isolated incidents around the world -- then why not talk about ''Ahmed'' in Gujrat who was killed because of his name --which implied his religion....or talk about the random ''Abdul Rehman'' who was attacked viciously and burned somewhere in New York weeks after September 11

Jews in Karachi? Yes well guess what, some of them still very much exist. The population dwindled since many Jews in Pakistan were paid and provided free land to settle in israel. israel uses much of its aid money to promote world Jewry and to bring jewish talent from around the world to leave aside everything and settle in their jewish homeland......the ultra-orthodox policies of ''certain'' administrations also helped fuel this......one of Karachis olders synagogues was needlessly razed on shoddy grounds --which I think is one of the most pitiful actions taken by the government at the time

actually, i know a renowned marine geneologist (based in Virginia) who hails from Karachi and has Jewish ancestry from his maternal side......he still goes back to Pakistan regularly and is a visiting professor as well

more on topic ---if the story is accurate, well it goes without saying that people getting in trouble for their name is pretty lame and a waste of time.....there are important issues to be focusing on; names of people isnt one of them

I don't believe this article. There's a Synagogue in Blue Area Islamabad not too far from where I live, right across the street from a Church and less than 500 meters away from the community mosque. Pakistani Jews and Jewish Diplomats come to the Synagogue all the time, never has there been any regrettable incident, though yes, I have heard that the number of Jews in Pakistan is so small that they are noted as Christians(Orthodox) on their CNICs. This has nothing to do with any political or religious sentiment but simply because creating a separate category for less than 5000 people in a nation of 180 million doesn't make sense. Just as China registers the "Khan" family name as "Han" because it is too rare.

Jews are regarded as the People of the Book in Islam and we have most in common with Jews than any other religious group on this planet.

Jews don't eat pork, Jewish males get circumcised, Judaism is a purely monotheistic belief like Islam, even Christianity has Trinity which is not purely monotheistic like Islam and Judaism, and Judaism teaches women to dress modestly. Orthodox Jewish women cover their bodies similar to Muslim women. Muslims are allowed to eat Kosher. Muslim men are allowed to marry the women from the People of the Book (Jews and Christians).

I don't know why so many Muslims discriminate against Jews. Many Muslims are uneducated and automatically think that Jews are Zionists and are killers of Muslim children of Palestine but not all Jews are Zionists.

Jews are regarded as the People of the Book in Islam and we have most in common with Jews than any other religious group on this planet.

Jews don't eat pork, Jewish males get circumcised, Judaism is a purely monotheistic belief like Islam, even Christianity has Trinity which is not purely monotheistic like Islam and Judaism, and Judaism teaches women to dress modestly. Orthodox Jewish women cover their bodies similar to Muslim women. Muslims are allowed to eat Kosher. Muslim men are allowed to marry the women from the People of the Book (Jews and Christians).

I don't know why so many Muslims discriminate against Jews. Many Muslims are uneducated and automatically think that Jews are Zionists and are killers of Muslim children of Palestine but not all Jews are Zionists.

Agreed to the above..

I heard there are some Jewish people living in Karachi but they pretend to be Christian (out of fear)
There used to be some jews in Karachi in 60s and 70s even there was a synagogue as well in Karachi but is now left abandoned. Dr.Shahid did a program on jews in Pakistan but his findings affirmed that most of the jews left for Israel and US. He
also interviewed lilly kursheed (Born as jew but then converted to Islam) and as per her there were no more jews living in Karachi.

The Express Tribune, was that he was accused of being a Jew – and subsequently, through the twisted logic of twisted souls, of blasphemy.

:what: :what: :what: wtf

Back
Top Bottom