What's new

The name "jew" lands pakistani christian in trouble.

Its a very shameful incident if true.

And these types of news will not be appreciated by the Israel with whom some pakistanis dreams of developing good relations.

I suspect that the story does not tell the whole truth but it is written to elicit a certain response from the readers. Regular readers of ET can vouch that they portray every crime against minorities in Pakistan as a hate crime by extremists.

A man wrote that his name was ‘Jew Jurian’ on his national identity card form. The data entry clerk then assumed he was a Jew. Thus for the first time in the history of Computerised National Identity Cards (CNIC), a Pakistani was officially declared a Jew.

ET first gives an impression that he was victimized and accused of blasphemy because his name is Jew and his religion is written as Judaism. But then the story mentions that he was arrested and subsequently released along with three other people whose names suggest that they were Muslims.

So the real reason he was accused of blasphemy was something else and not the Jew name nor the religion Judaism. Now we do not know what the real reason was. It can be found from reading the orignal FIR. Why did the "unknown extremists" file an FIR against four people (three apparently Muslim) including Jew Jurian?

ET story does not answer this crucial question and goes on...

The name Yehudi is common amongst Jewish People. There is even a Pulitzer prize winner with that name.

Why would any Christian name his child Jew ? Perhaps some Christian member can shed light on this

Its a very shameful incident if true.

And these types of news will not be appreciated by the Israel with whom some pakistanis dreams of developing good relations.

I think we can all safely say, that something like THAT is never going to happen.

Current? He was first charged of blasphemy in 2002.

It has been going on since those times no?

---------- Post added at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 PM ----------

Another thing here that you have to fill some forms and do some counter checks, and the applicant checks the details before the final ID card is made, so I would call it negligence on the christian's part as well.

^^ how enthusiastic are they in such threads, and when we open such threads, there heads are in the sand or they go off track, just laugh on there double standards :lol:

Keeping religious sensitivities of the MAJORITY population of the country

don't you think that the minorities could have avoided this name ?

Muslims and Christians have many names which are common,

so why was a name intentionally chosen to antagonize the majority population ?

lol..gr8 logic man..for a chirstian or jew to name his child he has to ask majority...wtf

Ehh! What stupidity, what did the guy expect with a name like jew in pakistan, to be garlended, how do you think a muslim man carrying the name Mohammad Hassan Akhund be treated in America or a person named Hitler be treated in Is rail, it is common sence. His parrents are the one at fault.

By the way I just heard this joke about names and thought that I should share it with you guys, my wife is a christian catholic and the father in her church had shared this joke that happened involving him, he was posted in a small village in Mizoram before he came to chennai and was handling a small church there, it was a custom for the village people there to bring their new born babies so that the father could sujegst names for the babies, there was one family who had brought in their new born daughter so thart the father could give a name the first daughter was also named by the same father and he had named her Violet, so thwhen they were waiting the fathers assistant (I don't know what they are called) asked them why they had come and they stated the reason of their visit, the assistant walked in and came out after a few minutes and told them in english that the father was in the toilet, and they thought that was the name to be given as it was rimeing with their first daughter.

What can one say.

i think its not a issue where indian people making it a issue.

DONT YOU THINK WHEN ANY MUSLIM LANDS IN USA WITH A NAME MUHAMMAD,BILAL,MULANA,OMER etc HE IS TREATED DIFFERENTLY ???

SO SOMETIME THESE THINGS HAPPENS IF USA IS RIGHT DO TO ANYTHING WITH THESE NAMES THEN PAKISTAN IS RIGHT TO HANDLE PEOPLE WITH JUST NAMES ...

Not all but Most incidents of this type are made up...People who go abroad for political asylum need some grounds to launch their case and pay a local news paper or even police station to launch a fake case against them on religious basis,and to the news paper to publish the news.Then they take this news paper report to the migration authorities abroad for supporting evidence of their political asylum application.

Not all but Most incidents of this type are made up...People who go abroad for political asylum need some grounds to launch their case and pay a local news paper or even police station to launch a fake case against them on religious basis,and to the news paper to publish the news.Then they take this news paper report to the migration authorities abroad for supporting evidence of their political asylum application.

i think its not a issue where indian people making it a issue.

DONT YOU THINK WHEN ANY MUSLIM LANDS IN USA WITH A NAME MUHAMMAD,BILAL,MULANA,OMER etc HE IS TREATED DIFFERENTLY ???

SO SOMETIME THESE THINGS HAPPENS IF USA IS RIGHT DO TO ANYTHING WITH THESE NAMES THEN PAKISTAN IS RIGHT TO HANDLE PEOPLE WITH JUST NAMES ...

Appreciate your honesty. This atleast gives us a starting point. Those other responses with apologies and discussing Indians are worthless.

Back
Top Bottom