What's new

The Moral Collapse and gradual break down of American/Western Society

Status
Not open for further replies.
America has its own share of social problems....but it is still wayyyyyy better than Pakistan, India and others.

Atleast Americans research and discuss their social problems...Pakistanis won't even know what is actually happening in their country cuz there is no record or authentic social research..lol

PS, the OP is bullshit. Some idiot Christian crying nutcase.

America is doing fine. Pakistanis must worry for Pakistan first, which is falling apart.

first of all, it is but only the moral & ethical duty of every person/society with conscience to not only criticize but also "condemn" any country, which exhibit's the following characteristics, be it Pakistan or any other, & if you respect humanity, dignity & democratic principles, then it is also your duty to not only criticize it, but also "condemn" it.
1.labelling people as traitors/disbelievers etc's , just because one doesn't like the other persons views
2.commit gross minority right's violations in the name of blasphemy law
3.support Anti-democratic forces in the name of patriotism
4.oppress the voice of the media in the name patriotism/religious black mail

& secondly
No, there is no moral collapse in the western world, yes there is a problem with crime( but still much less then then many other countries), but then again no place can be perfect completely, but one thing is for sure, the west with all its pros & cons is still Trillions ! times better then many other countries
at least in the west we have democracy ,respect for diversity & tolerance for different opinions, dignity of labour, freedom of expressions , freedom of media , a non-political military subservient to the civilian gov't , & secularism, & these are all the qualities of a morally upright society

Yes, but there is so much happiness and "sex", it must be condemned by those not getting any! :D

Yes, but there is so much happiness and "sex", it must be condemned by those not getting any! :D
cheng bhai, an uncle of mine from Karachi had once said to me, the day Pakistan becomes a free society more then 75% of the bomb blasts, fanatics & other types of schizophrenic's would cool down, I mean a country with a vast majority of populations under the age of 30/40 years , literally has no recreations ! other then either hard labour, religious schools, family politics or Zaid Hamids ! I mean where will all those hyper energies go ? at the age when the young should be busy with his/her school/collage part time jobs, , dates, our youths spend most of their time in PTI jalsas !, zaid Hamid's enlighten lectors !,hyper religious sermons , what else can we expect from such a dangerous combinations of influences !

Last edited:
American Middle school teacher provides ‘full-contact’ lap dance in front of class for birthday boy

Getty-Images-Harris-County-Sherif-Getty-Images.jpg

Prosecutors in Houston, Texas charged a middle school teacher because she gave a full-on lap dance to a boy for his birthday in front of an entire class of no-doubt impressed preteens.

The teacher, Felicia Smith, staged the lap dance in her classroom at Stovall Middle School on February 26, reports local CBS affiliate KHOU.

When police interviewed the unnamed student, he said Smith, 42, had seductively placed a school chair in front of the classroom after the tardy bell rang. Music began to play – from some undisclosed source – and several students in the class began yelling raucously that the birthday boy should sit down in the chair.

Once the kid sat down, the forty something teacher gave him what was perhaps his first full-contact lap dance. According to a police report, Smith did the thing where she turned around and swiveled her butt on the middle school student. She rubbed her hands all over his body. She also got down on her knees and stuck her head between the boy’s legs.

It’s not clear if the kid enjoyed the lap dance. However, he admitted that he did slap Smith’s butt a couple times.

The incident lasted a little over three-and-a-half minutes — presumably the duration of the song that was playing. It’s not clear which song was chosen for the special occasion.

At the end of the lap dance, Smith hugged the boy and told him, “I love you, baby. Happy birthday,” according to KHOU.

When police questioned Smith, she said she provided the lap dance at the urging of students in the class. She noted that she almost fell down a few times while performing the acrobatics required of the lap dance.

Somebody – it’s not clear who – apparently filmed the spectacle. The Harris County district attorney and the Aldine, Texas police department both have copies of the video.

Smith faces a single criminal charge: improper relationship with student. She is free on a $30,000 bond.

A statement released by the local school district explained that Smith “was removed from the campus during the investigation and has not returned.”

It’s not clear if she is still being paid while her criminal case meanders through the court system.
Middle school teacher provides ‘full-contact’ lap dance in front of class for birthday boy - Yahoo News

Disgusting, more disgusting when we consider that she is teacher.

cheng bhai, a uncle of mine from Karachi had once said to me, the day Pakistan becomes a free society more then 75% of the bomb blasts, fanatics & other types of schizophrenic's would cool down, I mean a country with a vast majority of populations under the age of 30/40 years , literally has no recreations ! other then either hard labour, religious schools, family politics or Zaid Hamids ! I mean where will all those hyper energies go ? at the age when the young should be busy with his/her school/collage part time jobs, , dates, our youths spend most of their time in PTI jalsas !, zaid Hamid's enlighten lectors !,hyper religious sermons , what else can we expect from such a dangerous combinations of influences !

Agreed. And look at how the so-called "educated" people worry more about what six year old girls do half way across the world when they do this to their own women. What does that say about where the actual moral collapse is in reality?
========================================================================

Honour killing: Woman killed outside Lahore High Court – The Express Tribune

LAHORE: A woman was killed by her brothers on Tuesday outside the Lahore High Court (LHC) over marrying the person of her choice, Express News reported.

Her brothers pelted bricks on her, leaving her with serious head injuries which led to her death.

The victim had come to the high court from Faisalabad to attend a hearing of a case.

The suspects managed to flee after the incident. Police have taken the victim’s body into custody and further investigations are underway.

@Desertfalcon @VCheng @Peter C

A interesting video i thought i should share with you guys:

I'll comment on this later as I have to run but a quick feedback.
I think every generation looks at the current situation and feels things are going down the toilet.
I was born in the '60s and my mother was horrified at all the murders, race-riots, wars, drugged out hippie-freelove-culture, Charles Manson, JFK/RFK/MLK assassinations, etc. She thought for sure society was ending.

It didn't.

Here's a song from a 1963 movie that somehow comes to my mind.

Last edited:
I'll comment on this later as I have to run but a quick feedback.
I think every generation looks at the current situation and feels things are going down the toilet.
I was born in the '60s and my mother was horrified at all the murders, race-riots, wars, drugged out hippie-freelove-culture, Charles Manson, JFK/RFK/MLB assassinations, etc. She thought for sure society was ending.

It didn't.

Here's a song that somehow comes to my mind.

The sixties were all about sex, drugs and rock and roll. And much dissent in campuses around the country. And look at the trajectory after all that. USA flourished on all that, and it will do the same in the present circumstances too. Without a doubt.

Agreed. And look at how the so-called "educated" people worry more about what six year old girls do half way across the world when they do this to their own women. What does that say about where the actual moral collapse is in reality?

It says that you are an intellectually bankrupt person who cannot debate a subject.

When any of Pakistan's problems are listed here, we debate them - and you are the first to tell everyone that "truth must be told".

Yet, when anything about US is discussed you whine like a little baby and throw sanctimonious tantrums.

There are many Pakistani-Americans and Indian-Americans and others who have the intellectual honesty to accept that all societies have their issues. YOU are not one of them

its not about that...its like you can still live in the US or anywhere in the West without imposing your ways on people there yet not leaving your own values and culture!

========================================================================

Honour killing: Woman killed outside Lahore High Court – The Express Tribune

LAHORE: A woman was killed by her brothers on Tuesday outside the Lahore High Court (LHC) over marrying the person of her choice, Express News reported.

Her brothers pelted bricks on her, leaving her with serious head injuries which led to her death.

The victim had come to the high court from Faisalabad to attend a hearing of a case.

The suspects managed to flee after the incident. Police have taken the victim’s body into custody and further investigations are underway.
the six year old issue was highly condemnable....we do talk against it day and night here in Pak....whose denying it? ..but have a little heart and patience when similar things from elsewhere are discussed in the same manner...neither US is a Paradise nor Pakistan!

first of all, it is but only the moral & ethical duty of every person/society with conscience to not only criticize but also "condemn" any country, which exhibit's the following characteristics, be it Pakistan or any other, & if you respect humanity, dignity & democratic principles, then it is also your duty to not only criticize it, but also "condemn" it.
1.labelling people as traitors/disbelievers etc's , just because one doesn't like the other persons views
2.commit gross minority right's violations in the name of blasphemy law
3.support Anti-democratic forces in the name of patriotism
4.oppress the voice of the media in the name patriotism/religious black mail

& secondly
No, there is no moral collapse in the western world, yes there is a problem with crime( but still much less then many other countries), but then again no place can be perfect completely, but one thing is for sure, the west with all its pros & cons is still Trillions ! times better then many other countries
at least in the west we have democracy ,respect for diversity & tolerance for different opinions, dignity of labour, freedom of expressions , freedom of media , a non-political military subservient to the civilian gov't , & secularism, & these are all the qualities of a morally upright society

Brother may I wake you up by telling you this thread is for America not for you to derail so you can "condemn" and "criticize" again! Kindly stick to the topic and "condemn" and "criticize" the topic at hand!

As for the 2nd half of your post:

No moral collapse plus I am better than you is again itself a manifestation of moral collapse (incapability to see the bad and label it bad but turn a blind eye)

Cheers!

Last edited:
Ignore the drama queens.

Some people here have a tendency to act precious when anything negative is said about their country. This despite the fact that there are many negative aspects of other countries and societies debated here all the time.

Now, coming to the article itself, I have three comments:

- the title is needlessly provocative; there is no imminent "collapse" although many conservatives would concur that morality has declined. The comparison isn't with the rest of the world, but with one's ideals. Each person will have different ideals and they may not agree with the author's ideals.

- the article is weighted a bit too much towards religiosity and, particularly, Christianity. I got a chuckle out of #99 One survey conducted a while back found that 52 percent of all American Christians believe that “at least some non-Christian faiths can lead to eternal life”.

- the comments from some people about visa lines misses the point. People also form long lines to get a visa to Middle Eastern countries. Does that mean that those countries are beacons of human rights? People go where they can earn more money.

Many south Asian parents in the West would admit their apprehensions about kids (especially girls) growing up too fast in the West. This concern is shared by conservatives in the West also. Willam Bennet, an American conservative, has written about the "coarsening" of American culture.

So, bottom line, there are many people who are concerned about the trend towards what they view as moral decline, and that trend is led by the global media, which is dominated by American media.

It is legitimate to debate this issue without acting like a drama queen.
this the the best comment on the topic being discussed here....:tup: ....you summed it up well! thanks!

Oh dont worry I didnt get you wrong...I have been there, got parts of my extended family and alot of family friends there...so it isnt a foreign land for me...And yes I agree it can be alot safer than many countries...

I criticize because some on this site who live in America openly criticize Pakistan but when the tables are turned they come to feed on you like zombies (delusional fantasy)! It is sickening how many feel it is a 1 way street and have the upper hand or are the only ones "entitled" to criticize!

Did you read the book or see the movie The Great Gatsby?

Gatsby is a tragic hero who was born poor and later became rich. yet all his effort is aimed at one thing: to leave his past behind and to seek validation and acceptance amongst the rich, to be accepted as one of them. He overdoes everything: the lavish parties, the fanfare, the silk shirts.

Yet, with all the silk shirts and all the parties, he can't erase his past. He can't shut off the little voice in his head which tells him he is still a wretched, poor little boy who is not good enough for the rich girl he loves.

There are many Gatsby's amongst us who constantly seek to prove to everyone -- and most of all to themselves -- that they have left their past -- what they consider a wretched misfortune of birth to be born brown and Pakistani.

Once you understand what's going on, you can't be angry at them They deserve our pity.

Did you read the book or see the movie The Great Gatsby?

Gatsby is a tragic hero who was born poor and later became rich. yet all his effort is aimed at one thing: to leave his past behind and to seek validation and acceptance amongst the rich, to be accepted as one of them. He overdoes everything: the lavish parties, the fanfare, the silk shirts.

Yet, with all the silk shirts and all the parties, he can't erase his past. He can't shut off the little voice in his head which tells him he is still a wretched, poor little boy who is not good enough for the rich.

There are many Gatsby's amongst us who constantly seek to prove to everyone -- and most of all to themselves -- that they have left their past -- what they consider a wretched

Once you understand what's going on, you can't be angry at them They deserve our pity.
im gunna watch that movie for sure!:p:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom