What's new

The Maharaja’s residence

Last commen first:

The Arab ancestory story was conjured up by the locals, to conpensate centuries of oppression. @nick_indian Read my previous post to understand why that may have happened.

@KS
Let me give an example.
In the subcontinent there are many, too many SYED families.
Syed means the same as Shareef in Arabic; people who draw their lineage from the prophet's family.

amusingly, there are more syeds in the subcontinent than the rest of the world added together;
they don't even look anything like Palestenians.

Similarly, there are several people who name themselves "Farooqi" & "Siddiqui" & "Chisti" etc etc etc,

Why do you think that happens if these converts were of repectable blood lines prior to becoming muslims ?

My question is , why not try to claim/conjure Afghan or Uzbek ancestry because these were the people who actually in a major way ruled India during the middle ages (1200s to 1700s) and not the Arabs.

Do Pakistani muslims consider Afghani and Uzbeki muslims as inferior to Arab muslims ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Not surprising Pakistanis connect with Tipu Sultan from Mysore more than Ranjit Singh from Punjab. BTW here is the house--

A5Va0-9CEAEGn6t.jpg

More Panoramio - Photo of Summer Residence of Maha Raja Ranjeet Singh

Here is one in Amritsar

summer-palace-of-maharaja-ranjit-singh-amritsar_700_0.jpg

http://www.touristlink.com/india/summer-palace-of-maharaja-ranjit-singh-pb.html

My question is , why not try to claim/conjure Afghan or Uzbek ancestry because these were the people who actually in a major way ruled India during the middle ages (1200s to 1700s) and not the Arabs.

Do Pakistani muslims consider Afghani and Uzbeki muslims as inferior to Arab muslims ?
Yes.

There is a very clear hierarchy in the Muslim world.

The Arab Muslims look down at the afghan Muslims.
The afghan Muslims look down at the Pakistani Muslims.
The Pakistani Muslims look down on Indian Muslims.

There are several, like "Khilji", :Ghaznavi" , "Gilani" etc etc, who are tied to Afghanistan and Iran

However yes, people like to associate with the root of religion and thus Arab lineage.

Both of which are not credible because both Aghan and Arab populations were and are very small, thus they could not have had a large effect.

Yes.

The Pakistani Muslims look down on Indian Muslims.

It is less a problem of looking down or up. It is more a problem of tribal culture.
The bith of Islam, and the prevelant social order was strictly tribal. This was later emulated by other people. more so in the subcontinent than any thing else.

Yes.

The Pakistani Muslims look down on Indian Muslims.[/QUOTE]

And vice versa to the bold part

My friend...don't judge whole of Pakistan based on the opinion of just one person...as Mohsin Hamid says in a book...Pakistan is religiously, ethnically and culturally diverse...Punjabi is spoken in Pakistan by people more than the entire population of France, Pushto by people who are more than population of Saudi arabia, Sindhi by more than poppulation of Australia, Saraeki by more than that of Netherlands, Urdu by more than that of Cuba and Balochi by more than that of Singapore....Religiously we have non muslims more than the entire poppulation of Toronto or Miami....We have more shias compared to any other country besides Iran...Even the Sunnis include followers of Barelvi, Deobandi and other schools.

So today's Pakistan is entirely different from the Pakistan of 90s there is difference of opinion among people and we have to respect that.....Today the Sikh Holy places especially Nankana Sahib have been given special status...an international university is being created in Guru Nanak's name...so please..don't judge Pakistan...in 47 India wasn't divided..Punjab was divided...had it been the initial plan...in which whole of Punjab was supposed to go to Pakistan ( since P in Pakistan means Punjab)...there would have been no killings and migrations from both sides...and the history would have been much better.
These r Indians dude........no matter how much u try to be logical still a indian is an indian.

Perfect example why Pakistan as a country will never stop inevitable destruction as it's own countrymen are so confused about their identity, their past, their ancestors that in one thread they will claim IVC as their own and in one thread they will attach themselves to barbarians who looted, raped and rain hell on their/our real ancestors...
LOL hindu mind yr language n get lost......Our identity is of a Muslim not anything else. U the enemy of Pakistan dont need to tell us what to do.

For me being just a Hindu or Muslim is pointless,What's more important is to be a good Human being.Your post nothing to do with the ground realities of the time,You just wanna nurse your Muslim identity above your ethnicity.This is exactly the identity crisis and that's exactly you hero worship foreigners rather than a sun of the soil.

LOL:lol: Kid that is the exact reason why i had wrote abt yr confusion in my post.

If u read history from a neutral mind n from un biased writers then u will know the reality........Its easy to point fin=gures at other by viewing the past from present dimensions.

if you want to have private conversation with an individual, call him or email him.

u bigot Hindu........if u want to jump into someone else's conversation then atleast follow their posts to know that is their point of discussion. It seems manners n Civility is too much to aspect from Hindus.

u bigot Hindu........if u want to jump into someone else's conversation then atleast follow their posts to know that is their point of discussion. It seems manners n Civility is too much to aspect from Hindus.

why are you angry all the time? chill.. aren't you guys very peaceful?

These r Indians dude........no matter how much u try to be logical still a indian is an indian.

LOL hindu mind yr language n get lost......Our identity is of a Muslim not anything else. U the enemy of Pakistan dont need to tell us what to do.

Brother never judge a person based on his ethnicity or religion...Islam doesn't teach this...neither did our founding fathers ever gave this message....Humanity is everything and Humanity should be everything.....and remember the end of those who were racist...what happened to Nazis...In Islam..it has been told to us that Allah loves every Human being 70 times more than a mother loves her child....He is the God, Creator of Mankind not of muslims alone...to say that we muslims are chosen people..and others are not...is highly offensive and this is the kind of attitude is something which should be eradicated through the change of education system in Pakistan.
Hope this helps.

LOL:lol: Kid that is the exact reason why i had wrote abt yr confusion in my post.

If u read history from a neutral mind n from un biased writers then u will know the reality........Its easy to point fin=gures at other by viewing the past from present dimensions.

LOL,Tell me about your un biased writers.

Pakistani government has always been restoring the legacy of Ranjit Singh, which includes a museum in Lahore Fort on him. Nevertheless, Maddog's comment in this regard is the best ever comment.

That is an untenable position.

If caste system was the reason then pray tell me why many of the converts were kshatriyas or landed-shudras like Jatts.. ?

The role of sufis is alos over-exaggerated..the sufis did not act autonomously..they mostly travelled in the caravans of the invaders itself..kind of medieval good cop..bad cop..

I dont discount the role of either of the two.
It was both - the threat of sword and the lure of the sufis coupled with the most important of all - political patronage given by Muslim kings to Muslim people.

Back
Top Bottom