What's new

The Health and Fitness Thread

Why exactly is cross fit for girls and gays only, @ValerioAurelius ? Because you can't achieve those huge Ronnie Coleman- like muscles with it like with lifting huge weights in the gym, eating lot's of meat and eggs, drinking all kind of stuff from protein shakes to amino-acids and injecting hormones in your butt and etc?

In my opinion any physical activity which makes you feel better in your body, which helps you to release the stress and feel stronger and healthier is good for you. Some people prefer to lift those big weights because they want to have huge muscles and to look stronger, others prefer to run and squat and plank etc. because they want to increase their stamina and etc. Some people prefer to walk alone in the mountain everyday and meditate, others prefer to swim in the pool with friends. Everyone has a different goal which he wants to achieve and a different way to do it so what's the point to insult those who don't do the things like you do?

cross fit is for girls. It achieves virtually nothing. I dont train alone. Always hav my pals around me. Some exercies cant be done alone for example.

What you mean with "geezer"? Thats an insult?
no it's not an insult. well if crossfit is for women then she is one and I recommend it.

Why exactly is cross fit for girls and gays only, @ValerioAurelius ? Because you can't achieve those huge Ronnie Coleman- like muscles with it like with lifting huge weights in the gym, eating lot's of meat and eggs, drinking all kind of stuff from protein shakes to amino-acids and injecting hormones in your butt and etc?

In my opinion any physical activity which makes you feel better in your body, which helps you to release the stress and feel stronger and healthier is good for you. Some people prefer to lift those big weights because they want to have huge muscles and to look stronger, others prefer to run and squat and plank etc. because they want to increase their stamina and etc. Some people prefer to walk alone in the mountain everyday and meditate, others prefer to swim in the pool with friends. Everyone has a different goal which he wants to achieve and a different way to do it so what's the point to insult those who don't do the things like you do?

"cross fit" is like shale coffee. Its not meat nor fish. You lack intensity. you lack volume. You lack cardio. Its a bit from evrything and in the end nothing real. Thats the problem with crossfit.

You are right in the aspect that its better than doing nothing.

I am really unwell today. I vomitted all night and lost 4 pounds. My ribcage and neck is literally sore

"cross fit" is like shale coffee. Its not meat nor fish. You lack intensity. you lack volume. You lack cardio. Its a bit from evrything and in the end nothing real. Thats the problem with crossfit.

You are right in the aspect that its better than doing nothing.

Can't disagree more with this post especially crossfit lacking intensity & volume, it is exactly opposite of that. I'm predominantly a strength trainer so only do compound movements such as Dead lifts, Squats, Dips, Military press and Bench, and can lift reasonable weight. However, cross fit kills you like anything, I used to puke after every cross fit session and you stated it lacks intensity. On the contrary it is too intense, for example, a typical crossfit session for me was 30 front squats/dead lifts, 20 burpees and 400 meters run and all these in single block, and repeat these for 30 mins straight, I used to be knackered after one session.
PS: I personally does not like crossfit and prefer weights.

Can't disagree more with this post especially crossfit lacking intensity & volume, it is exactly opposite of that. I'm predominantly a strength trainer so only do compound movements such as Dead lifts, Squats, Dips, Military press and Bench, and can lift reasonable weight. However, cross fit kills you like anything, I used to puke after every cross fit session and you stated it lacks intensity. On the contrary it is too intense, for example, a typical crossfit session for me was 30 front squats/dead lifts, 20 burpees and 400 meters run and all these in single block, and repeat these for 30 mins straight, I used to be knackered after one session.
Crossfit has intensity and volume but it lacks what it was made for, that is "functional training".
Its not functional at all, i play football and do gym both...for football i include cardio and polymetric sessions and also do "squat everyday" before weights.
Crossfit doesn't provide either strength or running stamina.it lacks functional training.

BTW i also do compound movements and love all of them but not the deadlifts...the king of exercises..i always mess up my form and rest of my session is in pain.

In my experience these protein mumbo jumbo is not good for you. Protein taken from Food will always be superior and safer than these chemical laden powder.
Exactly..
Pyramid_-_nutrition_4.jpg

Supplements are only the tip of the iceberg..it provides only 2-3℅ boost if your intake from food is right...if food intake is bad then it can help.

Crossfit has intensity and volume but it lacks what it was made for, that is "functional training".
Its not functional at all, i play football and do gym both...for football i include cardio and polymetric sessions and also do "squat everyday" before weights.
Crossfit doesn't provide either strength or running stamina.it lacks functional training.

BTW i also do compound movements and love all of them but not the deadlifts...the king of exercises..i always mess up my form and rest of my session is in pain.

In my dictionary, all crossfit sessions especially strength & conditioning ones incorporate functional movements. The most basic of functional movement is bending down & sitting up, dead lifts/squats/snatch are key part of any S&C crossfit routine, I don't think you can go any more functional than this. Even benching is not a functional movement but incorporated in cross fit and sports training as being a compound movement helps in developing overall strength. My dead lifts increased from 120kg to 140kg in 6 weeks of crossfitting.
I'm only familiar with S&C component of CF and don't know much about other crossfit activities.

Regarding that video you posted, must admit stating this without looking at the video, however, it is posted on bodybuilding forum, so will take it with lots of grain of salt. These two are competing markets and don't think you can find objectivity from videos like these.

Last edited:
In my dictionary, all crossfit sessions especially strength & conditioning ones incorporate functional movements. The most basic of functional movement is bending down & sitting up, dead lifts/squats/snatch are key part of any S&T crossfit routine, I don't think you can go any more functional than this. Even benching is not a functional movement but incorporated in cross fit and sports training as being a compound movement helps in developing overall strength. My dead lifts increased from 120kg to 140kg in 6 weeks of crossfitting.
I'm only familiar with S&T component of CF and don't know much about other crossfit activities.
Personally i found crossfit to be neither cardio nor strength..just my opinion.
And i love deadlifts too because back is my strongest muscle...but the problem is when i try to go heavy(160kg +) i always hurt my back, and there is no point of doing deadlift if they are not heavy...i can do 12-15 reps of 120 kg (bar included)with little difficulty...only when i try to be a badass and go heavy like like 160 for reps(i never do one rep max) ,my form mess up and i hurt my back.
Sadly bench is weakest point..i am stuck at 65 kg for 6 reps for two months.i want to enter the 225 pounds club for way too long .

And i love deadlifts too because back is my strongest muscle...but the problem is when i try to go heavy(160kg +) i always hurt my back, and there is no point of doing deadlift if they are not heavy...i can do 12-15 reps of 120 kg (bar included)with little difficulty...only when i try to be a badass and go heavy like like 160 for reps(i never do one rep max) ,my form mess up and i hurt my back.
Sadly bench is weakest point..i am stuck at 65 kg for 6 reps for two months.i want to enter the 225 pounds club for way too long .

Bench is also my weakest link, I can only do 80kg for 2-3 reps, you could be one of those guys who have longer limbs such as me, and our kind always suck at bench press. Try Mehdi's 5*5 program as per the book and you'll burst your bench plateau for sure. When I say as per book, I mean it, yes you need to buy 1.25kg plates and do the reps and weight as per the program, and you'll increase your bench for sure. In short, you increase 2.5kg weight in every work out. All the best.

Are you Sikh or Punajbi? Just curious because of your signatures about Shaheed Bhagat Singh..

I do bodybuilding. I think you know crossfit is seen as girl stuff for most bodybuilders. Thing is, its not fish and not meat. I dont know how express it properly in english. You sikply dont get gains from it.

I do bodybuilding. I think you know crossfit is seen as girl stuff for most bodybuilders. Thing is, its not fish and not meat. I dont know how express it properly in english. You sikply dont get gains from it.
I totally agree with your point of view, and logically speaking why would a bodybuilder do cross fit and jeopardize muscle gains. However, I did not agree with your volume or intensity comment regarding crossfit and responded. Hope you understood my context. Lets agree to disagree and move on....

Last edited:
Bench is also my weakest link, I can only do 80kg for 2-3 reps, you could be one of those guys who have longer limbs such as me, and our kind always suck at bench press. Try Mehdi's 5*5 program as per the book and you'll burst your bench plateau for sure. When I say as per book, I mean it, yes you need to buy 1.25kg plates and do the reps and weight as per the program, and you'll increase your bench for sure. In short, you increase 2.5kg weight in every work out. All the best.

Are you Sikh or Punajbi? Just curious because of your signatures about Shaheed Bhagat Singh..
Not punjabi, i am haryanvi.
And longer limbs are not problem for me, i am not a tall guy(172 cms) and proportions are fine..thats why i am good in squats (final set 120 kg for 6-8 reps) and deadlift...
I squat everyday, as my main sports is football not bodybuilding. I started lifting onky 6 months ago.
Chest is the muscle i want to develope the most and it is also my weakest.

Not punjabi, i am haryanvi.
And longer limbs are not problem for me, i am not a tall guy(172 cms) and proportions are fine..thats why i am good in squats (final set 120 kg for 6-8 reps) and deadlift...
I squat everyday, as my main sports is football not bodybuilding. I started lifting onky 6 months ago.
Chest is the muscle i want to develope the most and it is also my weakest.

If you just want bigger chest for aesthetics, try German volume training, it won't help your football but shirts will look good on you :)
All the best...

Is there a similar thread on martial arts here?

If you just want bigger chest for aesthetics, try German volume training, it won't help your football but shirts will look good on you :)
All the best...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom