What's new

The Future of Kashmir? "Seven" Possible Solutions!

When did a Kashmiri ever become an Indian, thats why the people of Kashmir are called Kashmiris and you're not.

The Line of Control is not an International boundary, why are these indians in denial?

If the Kashmiri's wanted to be a part of India, it never would've been a "Disputed" region for over six decades. It's common sense, but most of the Indians seem to deny this fact and keep calling it as an "Integral Part of India".

Balochistan and Swat are not disputed areas, is India claiming Balochistan and Swat are their's too.

Balochistan and NWFP were given a referendum in 1947 and they decided to be part of Pakistan, Kashmir was never given the referndum.

Balochistan and NWFP is as part of Pakistan as Asaam and India's Punjab is part of India....Kashmir is a DISPUTED teritory recognized a DISPUTED territory by every country in the world.

The Line of Control is not an international boundary.

Yes it is not a international boundary ..Pakistan has no locus standi in kashmir ..If religion decides which land belongs to whome then Nepal should have been a Indian state..There should have been no srilanka.. If India demanded all this then those parts also termed as "disputed territerry" according to your know..
We wont accept LOC as border ..The whole of kashmir belongs to India..Thanks for remembering every time to every Indian..

When did a Kashmiri ever become an Indian, thats why the people of Kashmir are called Kashmiris and you're not.
The Line of Control is not an International boundary, why are these indians in denial?

I thought this could be intersting discussion..but we both hasnt lost anything but gained nothing..we are on the same page. India dont want to loose land and Pakistan wants to aquire land.

Are you going to really care for peace of Indian Kashmiri ppl as ur first priority--- answer is NO. If yes please explain and debate what you have done and how u can help more.

Is India really care about ppl in Pakistan kashmir. I dont think so.

Again samething again and again...circle doesnt end.

The fact is how dare these Indian members come on and tell us about their moral and legal rights to hold Kashmir!

Pm. Nehru said he would agree to a plebiscite he never did nor did future Indian leaders down the road.

If Incredible and democratic India truly supports democratic ideals then it should agree to a plebiscite in disputed Kashmir, with an international and neutral observers present, as well as observers from both countries....

Though you must understand there is a reason why India has over hundreds of thousands of it's soldiers in Kashmir, because they understand if they want to hold onto Kashmir they must do it with arms, they must oppress, they must kill the opposition...This is the mentality we are dealing with...They simply refuse to hold a plebiscite!

It is truly India that is exacerbating the Kashmir issue/dispute.

May I ask the Indians

Would they be willing to free, total withdraw, and give up Indian occupied Kashmir to Pakistan or an independent Kashmir for certain rewards?

Perhaps economic and military rewards/gifts...Though keep it reasonable...

Perhaps military assistance, or more economic aid, or perhaps a permanent seat in the UN Security Counsel?

Will you show your same side to baluchistan,swat,...

Balchistan and Swat are not disputed territory and are not claimed by anyone. Stop derailing the thread. Balochistan joined Pakistan by free will in 1947 when their jirga voted on it.

India considers it self worlds best democracy would you be willing to give the same right to people of Kashmir, Punjab, Assam, Chatisgarh, Tamil Nadu, Bangal, Mizoram, Nagaland, Jharkand and Sikim.

Lets see how many wish to remain with you :wave:

May I ask the Indians

Would they be willing to free, total withdraw, and give up Indian occupied Kashmir to Pakistan or an independent Kashmir for certain rewards?

Perhaps military assistance, or more economic aid, or perhaps a permanent seat in the UN Security Counsel?

I like your question. Lets assume India did this...complete kashmir to Pakistan or fraction ...what gift you can expect..nothing in return or may be something..doenst matter...

Lets do after maths of this inside India

1) Very big trigger for Hindu-Muslim violations. If Kashmir muslims are given what they want why not Rama mandir in Ayodhya ? hindu majority?? There are so many disputed hindu-muslim locations...all need to be reconsidered. Think of amount of violation and does govt capable of handling...Answer may be NO.

2) There are so many disputes between states which are very minor..Today two buses burnt becouse Maharastra states wants few cities from Karnaaka state as the states are divided per language. So all these trigger and end up in huge mass crime.

3) May result in chain reaction and ruling govt will loose power for another 20-30 years which no party can afford.

Other ppl can give more and more list...

Just imagine this much of incidents...why will India now think of handing over kashmir to pakistan what ever few lack ppl think of. I know now you want kashmir at any cost...LOL.

Now give the situation what would happen in pakistan if india takes kashmir completely...my guess is assosintion of head.

Last edited:
May I ask the Indians

I think pakistan can use the military assisatnce and economic aid more than india, and i would be willing to pay cess on my tax for the kashmir fund to take the adminsitration of the pakistani part of kashmir ;). Well see there is no denying that seperatist sentiments are there in kashmir. But the recent elections held in kashmir had shown a record turn out, reitrating the faith of kashmiri people in the indian constiutional mechanism. I hope its just matter of time rest of the seperatist would come around, but it would take some time, as many of the people who have become seperatists have some member of their family or seen their close friends getting killed in the cross fire between the army and the militants.

How about what Kashmiris want ?
Is it ascesion to Pakistan or existing as an independant nation ?
India and Pakistan have not solved the K issue in the last 60 years and I have a hinch, they will not solve it in the next 60.

Simply because too much is at stake, Backing down from the status quo, means losing the battle to your arch enemy. If for example, Pakistan decides to back down and declare Indian adminstrated Kashmir as part of India, then the Indians will celebrate this as a great victory like 1971. Vice versa, the same will happen in Pakistan !

I think , over a period of say 50 years, Kashmir should pursue a policy of 'soft azaadi'. Starting with bus trips across the LOC (already implemented) to more people-people contacts, pakistani and indian rupees freely tradeable, reduction of armed personnel etc.

All of this should include good relations between Pakistan and India. You cant choose your neighborhood , might as well live in peace. All this talk about nuclear wars etc, the world will not care if you guys blow yourselves to bits. It will be newsworthy for a week or so, before the world goes to another hotspot. I see, India and Pakistan trying their best to destroy themselves, 60 years since independance, and both nations are at the bottom of all social indicators. Poverty in rampant and so is corruption. Today, 10,000 miles away from South Asia, the hottest topic for my compatriots is to choose which is better, LCD or Plasma , and you guys !! Have a beer (or any legal drink) and relax :cheers: The world is far ahead and you have got a lot of catching up to do !!
Apologies for the rant :bounce:

How about what Kashmiris want ?
Is it ascesion to Pakistan or existing as an independant nation ?
India and Pakistan have not solved the K issue in the last 60 years and I have a hinch, they will not solve it in the next 60 :bounce:

You are right. The loosing country could potentially break down in the worst case. This would trigger annoucing a war against each other. I dont think any country can afford that.

In regards to Kashmir occupation,

An Indian military officer based in Kashmir once said that "my men cannot [Indian Terrorist/rapist/soldiers] defeat the Mujahideen, because unlike the Mujahideen my men are scared to die..." (paraphrasing)

Unfortunately don't have the source with me as of now, but I assure you this is true.

In regards to Kashmir occupation,

An Indian military officer based in Kashmir once said that "my men cannot [Indian Terrorist/rapist/soldiers] defeat the Mujahideen, because unlike the Mujahideen my men are scared to die..." (paraphrasing)

Unfortunately don't have the source with me as of now, but I assure you this is true.

A1Kaid we can keep debating on this topic. Zardari recently said Mujahideen are terrors. He accepted it at international level.
Do you support them? Could you give some details about them...their group..their motive..their traning ..their arms..their mission..etc

The scenario three is what most Indians really wish to see,but as a rising world power India would be under tremendous internal pressure not upset the current structure.Under tremendous pressure India might accept the first scenario.............but with greater influence over the areas of Kashmir currently occupied by Pakistan

. All you want to say is conduct elections..let ppl decide..etc...its not going to happen.

That is what India agreed to at partition and at the UNSC. India's leadership affirmed that position several times.

Yes it is not a international boundary ..Pakistan has no locus standi in kashmir ..If religion decides which land belongs to whome then Nepal should have been a Indian state..There should have been no srilanka.. If India demanded all this then those parts also termed as "disputed territerry" according to your know..
We wont accept LOC as border ..The whole of kashmir belongs to India..Thanks for remembering every time to every Indian..

Again - under the UNSC and instrument of partition you are committed to holding a plebiscite in Kashmir to determine its final status as part of India or Pakistan.

What Indians 'feel' like does not count here. For example, just because you 'feel like' Texas should be part of India does not legally make it yours. There are international and bilateral agreements and commitments to follow.

Back
Top Bottom