What's new

The Economist - Discrepancy in Dhaka

The country seems to go in the right direction, having diplomatic connections with Israel and a military agreement with USA. Good times ahead!

Thanks.

At least the ACSA agreement make more sense (and feasible).

Pretty surprised to hear Jamaat having some contacts with Israel.

Nearly everyone of importance in Bangladesh has contacts .......

it was necessary to be sidetracked to understand the topic, but important fact is this whole ICT is a kangaroo court set up to committ extrajudicial murder using fake cover of law. Lets get back on it. What are legal possibilities to take Awami Leadership and ICT offcials in international court because they are committing crime?

I have doubts about the credibility and fairness of the so-called international court. Not a single american politician has been convicted for the crimes against humanity they committed in Iraq and Afghanistan. Matter of fact, it was a court in Malysia which found both bush and blair guilty of crimes against humanity. The international court takes instructions from its american masters, so I don't expect justice from that court. Hasina and all the thugs of the tribunal should be tried at home and that seems far fetched, knowing the short-sightedness and shaky resolve of the BNP leaders.

I have doubts about the credibility and fairness of the so-called international court. Not a single american politician has been convicted for the crimes against humanity they committed in Iraq and Afghanistan. Matter of fact, it was a court in Malysia which found both bush and blair guilty of crimes against humanity. The international court takes instructions from its american masters, so I don't expect justice from that court. Hasina and all the thugs of the tribunal should be tried at home and that seems far fetched, knowing the short-sightedness and shaky resolve of the BNP leaders.

Couldn't agree more.

That's because they have the power.

Whereas Bangladesh is not even a regional power, and never will be. Hell, if it violates any international law, the government will be knocked out in less than a day. I guarantee it!

Razakars write false history and lies in their version of history.

1. Bengalis were never oppressed in the pre-71 Pakistan.
2. East Pakistan was not a net exporter whose money was taken to fund the west.
3. East Pakistan was not the majority population of Pakistan, who despite that were not even allocated equal funds let alone the majority of funds.
4. East Pakistan was not left undefended by the Pakistan army in 1965.
5. East Pakistan was not left abandoned by Yahya Khan's regime in the 1970 floods
6. Yahya Khan did not have sex parties and orgies in 1971 while East Pakistan was burning and his country Pakistan was on the course to suffering its greatest humiliation and defeat.

Razakars are now engaged in revisionist nonsense.

I trust Asad71 bhai, who I would say is quite pro-Pakistan (but a proud Bangladeshi) and alive during the 1971 war than a razakar traitor.

1.Thank you. Rocky cannot sign into B'desh 2050. Something wrong?

2. In my dictionary there are two Pakistans. The geopolitical Pakistan which has shrunk now to Chaudhury Rahmatullah's abbreviation. Then the other Pakistan which is ideological Pakistan. The one that talked of the Muslims being a separate nation. The one that Allama Iqbal and even Poet Nazrul had envisaged. The one that had sent a clarion call to the Ummah to rise everywhere and eventually unite. We may recall that one of the most enthusiastic supporters of Pakistan was the Saudi King Abdul Aziz who was constantly in touch with Jinnah encouraging him in his enterprise.

3. When BD spectators come out in total support of the Pakistan cricket team against India's, it is this expression of support to the ideology.

1. I am not part of that forum any more as it is essentially anti-Bangladeshi.

Kalu Miah who in the past - in other fora - called for Bangladesh to in effect become part of India, and then later did a 180 degree turn and now calls for some nonsense called "ASEAN" + is confused and has an identity crisis.

2. Pakistan will get minimum 80% if not 90%+ support in Dhaka in an India v Pakistan cricket match.

Bengalis are strong believers in Muslim brotherhood, something which Yahya Khan and Bhutto did not believe in when they attacked us, so Bengalis will support Muslims against Hindu Indians.

Afghans however who are racially, culturally and lingustically closer to their next-door neighbours the Pakistanis would probably as a majority support India over Pakistan in a cricket match.

Bengalis are strong Muslim nationalists. Even on this forum people say the Bangladeshis are far more pro-Palestinian/opposed to Israel than the Pakistanis.

Back
Top Bottom