What's new

The Economist - Discrepancy in Dhaka

Remember, AL's killing of over 30,000 JSD supporters in the span of 73-75? It planned to do exactly similar for over 20,000 jailed JI-SHIBIRIES. HOW? If JI walas lost it registration then it was gonna get declared as banned out fit to be liquidated without any consequence. Please, remember saving own's life is 'Farze' and Rasul (PUBH) even signed Hudaibia treaty with Jews in that regard. Having said that I also wanted to point out some of JI's actions like not protesting against Faruk-Rashid's hanging, going under MUA-FUA BASTARD'S run election that were intolerable. Today, Mahmudur Rahman also mentioned about an action(??????? ????????? : ???-??????? ?? ??? ??) that he didn't like and I agreed with him. So, JI wala's deliberate partisanship needed to go, if they wanted more support of people IMO.

I understand that Jamaat is trying to save themselves so that thye are doing many thing to protect their interests but my greivance is that they said nothing for Faruk-Rashid even when they were in power for 5 years. Now they are in trouble I have little sympathy for them. I met all the top leaders before 2008 trying to convince them not to go for election in 2008 but they were instructed by the Americans and British to participate and this caused huge problems for Khaleda Zia and of course the AL won the elections and all Jamaat leaders are in jail. This is their own fault. I warned them.

As I suspected before these skype records are not result of some sort of hacking in Bangladesh. I suspect content came directly from skype. At any case, there was an advise from US to Awami League and Awami league thugs blasted on US. One interesting fact still unclear that why Economist waiting to publish these tapes and emails? There may be some British law for checking content but is there any UK legal restriction for them not to do so?

Yes the British law is strict on this. No publication that has obtained information through hacking or phone tapping or any information received this way can be released unless it is in the public interest to do so. The Economist has not released any information but somehow Amar Desh got the telephone hacks and the recordings were released on Facebook and YouTube. The whole thing was engineered by British intelligence with the knowledge of the Americans.

From what I have gathered, this is an American job, done at the behest of Saudi Arabia. Economist is just a mouth piece of American and other NATO intelligence agencies. Why do you think they always publish these sorta news under blog handle Banyan, and never publish the real name of the author?

The deal is that America will save Jamaat leaders, and when Jamaat+BNP come to power after election, they ll give America something in return, something big, something which AL didn't give to America. This "something big" will have severe implications for China and even India in the long run.

This was a coordinated move by the Americans-British and Israeli interests. The Jamaat will have to pay back big time for this. The Americans want basing facilities, the British want their investments in the coal sector to move ahead and the Isrealis want recognition and diplomatic ties.

I understand that Jamaat is trying to save themselves so that thye are doing many thing to protect their interests but my greivance is that they said nothing for Faruk-Rashid even when they were in power for 5 years. Now they are in trouble I have little sympathy for them. I met all the top leaders before 2008 trying to convince them not to go for election in 2008 but they were instructed by the Americans and British to participate and this caused huge problems for Khaleda Zia and of course the AL won the elections and all Jamaat leaders are in jail. This is their own fault. I warned them.
Munshi bhai, Faruk-Rashid's judicial assassination brought so much sorrow in my mind that it led me to get rid of BD's flag. Like you, I was also mad at JI, BNP walas and felt that they couldn't even practice politics if those souls didn't free-up the nation from tyranny. Perhaps they are now laughing from heaven by seeing Jamaati's demise. You were also right on their MUA run's election's participation and I despised them badly. But you got to understand two wrong don't make thing right. Just because they blundered, I couldn't ask for their death on wrong reasons by the enemies of BD and mankind. Common, you are way more matured than that. They have the most dedicated patriotic, activists; who could excel our national cause. So, let's use them to take the country back then we can punish JI gurus for their mistakes.

This was a coordinated move by the Americans-British and Israeli interests. The Jamaat will have to pay back big time for this. The Americans want basing facilities, the British want their investments in the coal sector to move ahead and the Isrealis want recognition and diplomatic ties.

Oh man thats the thing...the one single thing we should avoid.

Munshi bhai, Faruk-Rashid's judicial assassination brought so much sorrow in my mind that it led me to get rid of BD's flag. Like you, I was also mad at JI, BNP walas and felt that they couldn't even practice politics if those souls didn't free-up the nation from tyranny.

Mostly BNP is to be blamed for that failure. They didn't raise a finger to help them. Matter of fact, they saw them as a burden. Now, they are paying the price for their sin. Khaleda is one short-sighted lady, her lack of intelligence baffles me. She's is an asset for hasina.

1. There will be no US base in Bangladesh.

2. Bangladesh will not recognize Israel and will maintain the same policy as Malaysia, Indonesia and other similar Muslim states who state that recognition of Israel will only come with a resolution of the Palestinian problem.

3. This was a US-UK operation, however the US-UK also sponsor elements of the Awami League and have influence over both sides of the Bangladeshi political scene.

Hasina is nothing major to them and they could remove her if they really felt like it.

4. The main thing to see is whether elections will come as per schedule in 12 months time i.e. if the country doesn't descend in to chaos in the remaining 50+ weeks till elections are scheduled.

If this happens and then as presumed by most there is a return of the BNP-JI coalition to power (after 7 years absence) this means that there will have been a peaceful (as in no coup, revolution) term of office for a Bangladeshi government, followed by another one thus consolidating parliamentary democracy which is what the US, West and even the Bangladeshi military want, as per the Indonesian model.

Hasina and the Awami League have been taught a lesson by the US-UK in this latest event and will be aware of how far they can go.

From what I have gathered, this is an American job, done at the behest of Saudi Arabia. Economist is just a mouth piece of American and other NATO intelligence agencies. Why do you think they always publish these sorta news under blog handle Banyan, and never publish the real name of the author?

The deal is that America will save Jamaat leaders, and when Jamaat+BNP come to power after election, they ll give America something in return, something big, something which AL didn't give to America. This "something big" will have severe implications for China and even India in the long run.

Jeez...ever heard of CIA's opinion on Tareq?

It is true that the Cold War-era framework is still very much there. And Jamaat is a part of that. Though, what remains in the future is speculative.

By the way, the judge resigned shortly after this news:
Bangladesh war crimes judge resigns | The Nation

*sigh*

Tell me, how badly do the Americans want a naval base here? What are the tactical and strategic advantages of setting up a naval base?

And Jamaat recognizing Israel? Are they insane? Are you insane?

Another thing: Do you think that having a US base would make the country more stable and secured? Of-course, political stability is a pre-requisite for having an American base here. What are the long-term ramifications of having one?

Jeez...ever heard of CIA's opinion on Tareq?

It is true that the Cold War-era framework is still very much there. And Jamaat is a part of that. Though, what remains in the future is speculative.

By the way, the judge resigned shortly after this news:
Bangladesh war crimes judge resigns | The Nation

*sigh*

Tell me, how badly do the Americans want a naval base here? What are the tactical and strategic advantages of setting up a naval base?

Another thing: Do you think that having a US base would make the country more stable and secured? Of-course, political stability is a pre-requisite for having an American base here. What are the long-term ramifications of having one?

Having a US base would give the country more stability and would certainly provide a better atmosphere for commerce. long-term ramification is simply to keep the Indian hegemony in check.

A US base in Bangladesh would cut the distance from diego garcia to China by 3000 kilometers, simple IRBMs can reach China, keeping an eye on the South of China much easier:angel:.

Having a US base would give the country more stability and would certainly provide a better atmosphere for commerce. long-term ramification is simply to keep the Indian hegemony in check.

A US base in Bangladesh would cut the distance from diego garcia to China by 3000 kilometers, simple IRBMs can reach China, keeping an eye on the South of China much easier:angel:.

Bay of Bengal is too shallow for US base. Neither their submarine nor their AC can dock to any port in BD shore. Ambassador Majena already cleared that out saying that how the ships going to crawl to Chittagong.

A US base in Bangladesh would cut the distance from diego garcia to China by 3000 kilometers, simple IRBMs can reach China:angel:.

All speculations. And besides, BoB is relatively shallow.

Although, I think it is abundantly clear that the Western countries are not satisfied with Hasina. She is trekking a very dangerous road if she keeps going that way. Or maybe its too late for her.

This "trial" being so important and drawing international criticism in a seemingly irrelevant country like Bangladesh is intriguing.

It's like this: If Bangladesh is failing to follow due process as per law behind the war crimes trial, the government will be gone gradually. If it violates any international law, it'll be knocked out in less than 24 hours.

The trials in Cambodia for instance went on with no problems. Why for Bangladesh is it proving so difficult? It's not hard unless they make it unnecessarily complicated (which they are).

Obviously, Hasina thinks that Bangladesh is a superpower on par with the US :rolleyes:

That woman has completely lost it....

*sigh*

Americans want a military presence in Bangladesh pretty badly actually. They want to consolidate their position with Myanmar also. They have been at this for the last 10 years but are more determined this time around. It is part of their pivot to the Asia Pacific region. The area around the Malacca Straits is extremely important from a strategic perspective. Their target is a ACSA agreement on the same lines they have with Sri Lanka. There have been around a dozen visits by senior military and diplomatic officials to Bangladesh in the last two years alone. If there is war in the South China Sea US military vessels will need to set up somewhere other than where the conflict is.

Israel has been pushing for recognition from Bangladesh for quite sometime also. Recognition is unlikely but diplomatic contacts are certainly possible. Even Jamaat is engaged with Isreal at some level. There have been dozens of visits by important Bangladeshi citizens to Israel over the last two years. I know who they are and I know many of the Israeli contacts in this country.

In the end it is not what is good for Bangladesh that counts but what can be extracted from the country using incentives and pressures. They are doing the Jamaat a favour and naturally they want something in return. You think they are doing this from the goodness of their hearts?

It might sound insane but I do talk to all these groups and that is what I am hearing. I was part of the group of 100 Bangladesh citizens who were called to the Radisson for a four day conference organised by a US military think tank based in Hawaii duirng 1/11. The are investing a lot of time and effort behind Bangladesh. I was also involved with DGFI at the time and saw the amount of US input coming into Bangladesh.

Bay of Bengal is too shallow for US base. Neither their submarine nor their AC can dock to any port in BD shore. Ambassador Majena already cleared that out saying that how the ships going to crawl to Chittagong.

A base is far fetched but for now a ACSA agreement is workable.

Americans want a military presence in Bangladesh pretty badly actually. They want to consolidate their position with Myanmar also. They have been at this for the last 10 years but are more determined this time around. It is part of their pivot to the Asia Pacific region. The area around the Malacca Straits is extremely important from a strategic perspective. Their target is a ACSA agreement on the same lines they have with Sri Lanka. There have been around a dozen visits by senior military and diplomatic officials to Bangladesh in the last two years alone. If there is war in the South China Sea US military vessels will need to set up somewhere other than where the conflict is.

Israel has been pushing for recognition from Bangladesh for quite sometime also. Recognition is unlikely but diplomatic contacts are certainly possible. Even Jamaat is engaged with Isreal at some level. There have been dozens of visits by important Bangladeshi citizens to Israel over the last two years. I know who they are and I know many of the Israeli contacts in this country.

In the end it is not what is good for what Bangladesh that counts but what can be extracted from the country using incentives and pressures. They are doing the Jamaat a favour and naturally they want something in return. You think they are doing this from the goodness of their hearts?

It might sound insane but I do talk to all these groups and that is what I am hearing. I was part of the group of 100 Bangladesh citizens who were called to the Radisson for a four day conference organised by a US military think tank based in Hawaii duirng 1/11. The are investing a lot of time and effort behind Bangladesh. I was also involved with DGFI at the time and saw the amount of US input coming into Bangladesh.

Thanks.

At least the ACSA agreement make more sense (and feasible).

Pretty surprised to hear Jamaat having some contacts with Israel.

it was necessary to be sidetracked to understand the topic, but important fact is this whole ICT is a kangaroo court set up to committ extrajudicial murder using fake cover of law. Lets get back on it. What are legal possibilities to take Awami Leadership and ICT offcials in international court because they are committing crime?

Back
Top Bottom