What's new

The curious case of Indian Punjabis

Sindhi shares alot with serieke.. which is also part of punjab province.. hence they have a somewhat common ground... while millions of pashtuns n baluch people live in punjab.. infact there are overlapping people present too.. than we have similiar culture.. plus same r branches of iranic or aryan languages.. im a native baluchi speaker yet i can understand pashto,farsi(Somewhat),punjabi,serieke n even some sindhi... another uniting factor is our similiar culture,urdu n people... u will find families like rind,leghari,khosa,magasi etc in punjab while baburs,khakwanis,durranis,lodhis,niazis etc in upper punjab... also one of the most respected hero of baluch people Chakar Khan is also buried in sahiwal-punjab...where lots of baluch live too.. hence u cant do tht in our case.
If more than 100 million people living in pak ind for centuries migrated it will be easy to move a few million Baluchis out. Well Haryana shares a lot of culture with punjabis, also punjab has millions of Hindus and they can't be separated. Now the punjabis that migrate from ndia to pak will feel out of place lying with Sindhi and Pashto and Baluch. So to be fair to both groups if you want Indian Punjab they want Pakistan Punjab . So Punjab can be 1 country. India can easily maintain sindh and Baluch. Pashto can form a nation with afg. All happy. There are mIllions of Sindhi Hindus in India who would love to go back to their homeland. All happy

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 PM ----------

In our country we dnt have the divide like "rule by people with same language".... Punjabs governor is a baluch.... we have had a hazara n a pashtun governor,CM.. same goes for sindh,G/B and KP province.
In our country we don't divide on religion. Likee Hindu majority India has Sikh pm and Kerala has had Christian cm. Punjab has had both Sikh and Hindu cm and India has had Muslim prez. Same goes for all states in india

Abt chump ur indian fellows r openly using it... never thought it was derogatory!

Not many Pakistanis hangout with indians.. at max its same as ravaan said.. punjabis frm indian side hanging out with punjabis from our side...And not many baluch live outside the country... the ratio is pretty low... most live in gulf countries.. like oman,uae,bahrain etc... not many live in EU... and those who live ... the Pakistani ppl mostly live in communities... hence i dnt buy ur arguement!

Anyways im not talkin abt living in the same country... what im sayin is tht i have seen many punjabis frm both side wanting the same thing as ravaan... i just respect ravaans emotions thts all...

Exactly. See most of the expats from both India and Pakistan, specially in say England are Punjabis. Punjabis would obviously get along, same language, similar culture, shared history so they obviously find it easier to get along. But that doesn't mean that Indian Punjabis don't get along with other Indians or Pakistani punjabis don't get along with Mirpuris, Pashtuns and other PAkistanis.

Its more of a language thing, for people who find it easier to talk in Punjabi they ll obviously get along with Punjabis. Here in Australia, the local South Asians(born/brought up here) usually tend to stick together. Believe it or not, I have heard about Indian+Pakistanis(curries) vs Lebs, Indian+Pakistanis vs Afghan fights more than once.

I am a Punjabi ( hindu/sikh) . I belong to a small town near Amritsar.Last year, I had the opportunity of going to Wagah Border to see the Flag ceremony. The land and people on the either side of the fence were no different.I could not help but wonder why did punjab( Indian) choose to be a part of India rather than Pakistan or Viceversa for Pakistan punjab....Punjab has its own unique culture which is very similar on either side of the fence to the best of my knowledge.
Coz at that time punjabis were either under the Muslim influence or under the Congress. They did not think on that line.

What I do not understand is why a state like Punjab has to be paired up with other places like tamil naidu or assam.I do not speak tamil,do not understand their culture and probably will never go there since we are 2000kms apart from each other.I do respect all the cultures and I think everyone should be proud of their identity.But I find it extremely weird that on one hand punjab is clubbed with Assam which is culturally so different and on the other hand a place which is 90% similar and only 50 miles away i m not allowed to visit.
Tamil Nadu da tey tuwanu he pata howay ga. But yes that it is a pity that punjabis on bot side of the border are not allowed to visit each other. Especially when most of the sikh's holy places are only 50 min drive from the border.

It is not even a question of religious tolerance as before partition muslim,hindus and sikhs used to live together and still do in India. Even right now there is a town 10 kms away from my place where every sign post or advertisement board is written in urdu...and we live happily together( i cannot read urdu). the elders in my village elders(really old guns) always share their fond memories of pre partition days,Lahore features unequivocally in almost all of these conversations i must say. will visit lahore for sure one day.have to see what is all the hype about.after all its not made of gold.is it.lol
U r most welcome in Lahore
Two years I had to come to canada due to obvious reasons.I met so many people from Punjab(pakistan) and we get along so well.Lahoris are not very fond of Karachiites i learnt.lol
Look Lahoris love food and Karachi have alot of good food places, there is no way a Lahori dislike Karachi :)

When u think about it India was most prosperous before it was India.............
I dunno but based on the economic statistic, Pakistan sure showed alot of growth since this area was quite neglected during the brit raj

If more than 100 million people living in pak ind for centuries migrated it will be easy to move a few million Baluchis out. Well Haryana shares a lot of culture with punjabis, also punjab has millions of Hindus and they can't be separated. Now the punjabis that migrate from ndia to pak will feel out of place lying with Sindhi and Pashto and Baluch. So to be fair to both groups if you want Indian Punjab they want Pakistan Punjab . So Punjab can be 1 country. India can easily maintain sindh and Baluch. Pashto can form a nation with afg. All happy. There are mIllions of Sindhi Hindus in India who would love to go back to their homeland. All happy

What a load of BS .. we dnt want indian punjab.. why would we? i just respect tht guys emotions thts it!

Why should baluch,pashtun move? we live in our own country.. we have lived in the region for centuries not just in the past 60+ years... Why would india maintain our country? get lost... its our country!

In our country we dnt have the divide like "rule by people with same language".... Punjabs governor is a baluch.... we have had a hazara n a pashtun governor,CM.. same goes for sindh,G/B and KP province.
Well, good for you then.
In India most states are carved out based on language(roughly corresponds to ethnicity) and I feel happy about it.
The state govt is headed by Chief Minister who is elected by the people of the state( governor is a ceremonial post, not elected but appointed by center)

Since 90s most state govt Chief Ministers became quite powerful and center's power had diminished.
There has been a big devaluation of power which makes demands of separate kashmiri or punjab worthless.
Only a fool will not participate in a common economy while maintaining substantial autonomy.

It will be better if both Pakistan Punjab and Indian Punjab split from their respective countries and form united Punjab. Because it doesn't make sense for Sindhis and pashtos to be living with punjabis.
What about Pashcim Bangya into Bangladesh? Together we would make a mighty secular nation rich of culture.. I have found calcutta guys here are very talented. Its a pity they don't belong to our country :-(

Now it is confirmed.

This guy is a Khalistani living in Canada who sees more in common with his ISI paymasters than his fellow Indians.

Unfortunately for you , the absolute majority of the Sikhs in India , whose opinion matters, dont think that way and are some of the most patriotic people in India.

BTW your Grandfather should have stayed on in Lahore with his Panjabi chums and enjoyed their hospitality. I wonder why he came to India !!

This Raavan isn't fake ,but a real Ravaan.
http://www.defence.pk/forums/india-defence/136584-india-should-learn-lesson-pak-army-2.html#post2219442

Elaborate please.... You guys hate muslims too much

Nothing against Muslim civilians, I just feel that Muslims Kings of Northern India, could have and should have done a lot more to stop the British onslaught. Instead of getting in treaties with them to save their own as* and to continue their aristocratic life.

What about Pashcim Bangya into Bangladesh? Together we would make a mighty secular nation rich of culture.. I have found calcutta guys here are very talented. Its a pity they don't belong to our country :-(

Secularism in a muslim majority country? Where it is used mostly as a derogatory term to describe immoral people?
I would have given you some credit if you were a turk.

Secularism in a muslim majority country? Where it is used mostly as a derogatory term to describe immoral people?
bangladesh is a secular nation with 90% muslims.

You are most welcome friend.

BTW i'm from Karachi & that fondness is only inside Pakistan, outside we all are one Pakistani.

here i am studying in malaysia and i have 2friendz from karachi but we live together and everytime we go for hang out together.. even there is even a single discrimination between us.. as in pakistan we may have some problems but outside pakistan we all are one.. as i am a punajbi from Sargodha, pakistan

No point half of bd people is already in India. My iron walla s also one

Bangladesh was founded on secular principles.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom