What's new

The Bara sit in/protest at the Peshawar Governor House

Tribals wont agree to join the rest of the crowd called 'pakistanis' and yet ask for equal rights...
I think there are many who would be open to some sane proposal from the federation. Similar to how they have managed in SWAT? Not as far as going as allowing Usher, but perhaps a local jirga council from tribal leaders who feed back into the federal government?

I think there are many who would be open to some sane proposal from the federation. Similar to how they have managed in SWAT? Not as far as going as allowing Usher, but perhaps a local jirga council from tribal leaders who feed back into the federal government?

Kala Dhaka near Mansehra and Gandaff near Terbela dam are more recent examples...
But Kala Dhaka still retains tribal traditions...People still carry weapons without licence and criminals from all over Hazara division still run and hide there as police has minimal jurisdiction in the area..
Same will happen to FATA, people will retain tribal living and wont abide by law of the land, while on paper being part of KPK same as Abbottabad ..

Kala Dhaka near Mansehra and Gandaff near Terbela dam are more recent examples...
But Kala Dhaka still retains tribal traditions...People still carry weapons without licence and criminals from all over Hazara division still run and hide there as police has minimal jurisdiction in the area..
Same will happen to FATA, people will retain tribal living and wont abide by law of the land, while on paper being part of KPK same as Abbottabad ..

But at least they will be under the banner of Pakistan. Just look at the rest of Hazara Division. You can never rule by force, the Romans, the moors, the christian and the British learnt that!

We need a decent administration for this.

The people in these far-flung areas need to see the plus points of becoming an active part of the federation and not just on the map. This can not happen unless the government is sincere in its efforts.

Development and improvement in their daily lives would be the ideal initiatives but unfortunately, the current government lacks the vision and the funds to do anything about it.

My friend from Pekhawar said that ilaqa-ghair is out of bounds for police and people in that area enjoy immunity from law/order.
End this and we end their isolation.
Start development and bring them back into mainstream Pakistani society.

We need a decent administration for this.

The people in these far-flung areas need to see the plus points of becoming an active part of the federation and not just on the map. This can not happen unless the government is sincere in its efforts.

Development and improvement in their daily lives would be the ideal initiatives but unfortunately, the current government lacks the vision and the funds to do anything about it.

My friend from Pekhawar said that ilaqa-ghair is out of bounds for police and people in that area enjoy immunity from law/order.
End this and we end their isolation.
Start development and bring them back into mainstream Pakistani society.

You cannot enter tribal areas unless you are from there or accompanied by a local.
But they can go anywhere in Pakistan without redtriction..
Speak of rights then?
They can kill anybody in the rest of the country and run away in their tribal areas and nobody can catch them..
In Karachi many transporters are from tribal areas and all transport in general is Pathan operated.
The drivers know they can get away with murders and they dive like crazy without caring for passenger and pedestrian lives.
Same goes for truck drivers from tribal aread,they cause so many deaths and run to their tribal areas..
This immunity to tribals is costing lives to the rest of Pakistan.

You cannot enter tribal areas unless you are from there or accompanied by a local.
But they can go anywhere in Pakistan without redtriction..
Speak of rights then?
They can kill anybody in the rest of the country and run away in their tribal areas and nobody can catch them..
In Karachi many transporters are from tribal areas and all transport in general is Pathan operated.
The drivers know they can get away with murders and they dive like crazy without caring for passenger and pedestrian lives.
Same goes for truck drivers from tribal aread,they cause so many deaths and run to their tribal areas..
This immunity to tribals is costing lives to the rest of Pakistan.

Agree to most of your post.

This is why the first thing to do is end this immunity and start enforcing Pakistani laws in those areas.
That is going to be the initial step.

Setting up competent law enforecement agencies and courts is the next move the government should make.
Laws are nothing without implementation.

When even the powerful individuals have to face justice, everyone else will fall in line... Hopefully.

Dude, you don't want me to extend the same courtesy to you. Trust me. If you do, just let me know what ethnicity you are and I can cook a wonderful response to nuke emotional center of your brain.

60 years eh?...........

When someone tells the truth like it should be told then it becomes bullshit ehh ?
instead of these people asking the question 'Kya hum Pakistani nahin' its time we ask them 'Kya tum waqai Pakistani ho'
since their disgusting behaviour over the 60 years of Pakistan's existance certainly seems to suggest otherwise

Dude, you don't want me to extend the same courtesy to you. Trust me. If you do, just let me know what ethnicity you are and I can cook a wonderful response to nuke emotional center of your brain.

60 years eh?...........

Interesting that in these 60 years.. each ethnicity has worked so hard to throw the other out of "pakistaniyat" instead of the other way around.

Much like they do in religion.. Previously people were brought into the circle of Islam at the slightest display of MP(Muslim Potential)...
Now they are thrown out of it at the slightest whim by certain Firqas

I am checking it out with cousins. If it was an unjust kill, the consequences will be horrendous. At-least the for the families of army men who carried it out.

I hope there is no long term resentment amongst the population. I know what that brings, I lost an elder cousin with some of his family members because of similar feuds, and just imagine my cousin was IG Police. He was killed and many family members were critically wounded.

In short, you don't want to piss these people off. They think, sleep and wake up for only one purpose, that is to avenge.

@Hyperion : Rora, what really happened in Tribal Areas ? Koii pataa chalaaa ? Were they 'target killings' by the Military ?
@Armstrong, what I know up to the minute is that it was an act of some sort of hapless vengeance. Violence begets violence, if this goes out of hand, then not good for anyone.

Some similar things happened back in the 80's, however, that was completely a different scenario. In those instances we used PAF against certain target.

Dude whatever is going on is NOT good.

Last edited by a moderator:

60 years eh?...........
i am sorry if my comments are overly generalized,and i am sorry if i offended you.
obviously what i say is my own opinion.I can be right or i can be wrong..
You or anybody else can write counter arguments.

Yara, just don't over generalize. I am Army, MOST of my family is Army, however, unjust kill is an unjust kill, and it has to be avenged. Soldiers have no right to "loose it". It's their duty to maintain composure under the worst of scenarios. In Risalpur they used to make us do pushups on burning tarmac for hours at end. Did I shoot the senior cadet who was giving me that punishment?

i am sorry if my comments are overly generalized,and i am sorry if i offended you.
obviously what i say is my own opinion.I can be right or i can be wrong..
You or anybody else can write counter arguments.

@Hyperion : Don't you think the People in-charge especially the Establishment knows this 'revenge mentality' ?

Shouldn't they have arranged for some sort of 'blood money' or 'an apology with some benefits extended to the immediate family of the deceased' be a better bet than a baton charge ?

Why in God's name are we so self-injuring to the point of being masochistic about it ! :hitwall:

@Hyperion : Don't you think the People in-charge especially the Establishment knows this 'revenge mentality' ?

Shouldn't they have arranged for some sort of 'blood money' or 'an apology with some benefits extended to the immediate family of the deceased' be a better bet than a baton charge ?

Why in God's name are we so self-injuring to the point of being masochistic about it ! :hitwall:

Thats the trouble...Army was there not for some personal enmity against Khushdil kahn or Sher khan..They were there on Duty and on deployment and none of their acts were on personal grievances.
Why wont they go to Texas to kill the families of Drone operators? If taking revenge is that much important and that much of a source of pride...
The thing is that anybody can buy a gun and fire a gun,even my 65 year old mom is a sharp shooter with an excellent aim,and shot at and injured some wannabe Burglars before calling the police.
Both sides have to be listened and a proper investigation has to be launched,taking into account what actually happened..Why army went there,and why they fired at those people?
What if the deceased were firing at the army,and army fired back? Blowing horns of anti army war based on accounts of some students and some relatives is just wrong..
If the relatives are issuing threats,they should be treated as potential terrorists and kept under watch.
The right way would be to involve "Masharaan" and army officials and go through the legislative system.. Other than that its all crime and terrorism..

Back
Top Bottom