What's new

The Badshahs win!

Well IPL and ICL are both dometic leagues not international competitions. They don't decide which national team is the best, the world cup can only decide that and we all know who is the T-20 champ till the next one is held. ;)

Between IPL and ICL, IPL is leagues ahead for the simple reason that active players are playing in them rather than the mostly have beens and no hopers that we have in ICL for the most part.

The structure of ICL where Subhash Chandra owns all the teams is also an issue. Although it seems he is planning to change that by listing the teams on the bourses.

I have not seen a single ICL match and don't know anyone who has seen one too. But I know it is picking up and is likely to break even in a year or two. The best scenarios that their bosses hope for is if their league gets the sanction of ICC and is not blacklisted. They can't afford the really big names of the game and have to make do with the second best.

So Guys here we go....Imran Nazir on fire...:smitten:

Last edited by a moderator:
ICL is not broadcast here in Botswana, so i've never watched an ICL match.

But i doubt if it'll match IPL in terms of entertainment. IPL has all the stars. I hope foreign teams like Lahore and Dhaka etc will pop up in IPL as well. would give it more support over a broader base.

ICL is not broadcast here in Botswana, so i've never watched an ICL match.

But i doubt if it'll match IPL in terms of entertainment. IPL has all the stars. I hope foreign teams like Lahore and Dhaka etc will pop up in IPL as well. would give it more support over a broader base.

sir serch net i thing some were coes on net these matches:cheers:

A champion team in domestic T20cricket of Pakistan is going to participate in the IPL this time....Sialkot Stallions is the name of the team with Shoaib Malik its captain...so lets see how they perform :coffee:

A champion team in domestic T20cricket of Pakistan is going to participate in the IPL this time....Sialkot Stallions is the name of the team with Shoaib Malik its captain...so lets see how they perform :coffee:

my info is that the SS are going to participate in the ICC sanctioned T20 Champions league with the following domestic champs teams starting 3rd Dec-08.

WA Bushwackers
SA Titans
Rajesthan Royals of IPL
Middlesex CCC
Sialkot Stallions
Team from Jamaica possibly

Last edited:
there are allegations of match-fixing in icl...........
and I think that final matches are fixed....you know.......because icl is popular in pak and in hyd(in india)......so generally these two teams reach finals and one of them wins.......

I think last time it was hyd heroes won it.......so this time lahore badshashs won it........

just my opinion.....

btw, this is my first post......so ignore any errors.......thanks......

my info is that the SS are going to participate in the ICC sanctioned T20 Champions league with the following domestic champs teams starting 3rd Dec-08.

WA Bushwackers
SA Titans
Chennai Superstars of IPL
Middlesex CCC
Sialkot Stallions

Ohh...my bad sir...what i said earlier is something i have been told by my friend:undecided:,,i wasn't confirmed on that.....i take my words back.

Thx fatman sir for the correction:agree:....Waiting for the T20 Champions league, it is going to be a close contest.

WA Bushwackers
SA Titans
Middlesex CCC
Sialkot Stallions
It seems like they are feeling the heat from ICL. Of course a Sialkot team would make things a lot more interesting. The last time, Pakistani players did horrible in the IPL with the exception of Shoaib Akhtar.

It seems like they are feeling the heat from ICL. Of course a Sialkot team would make things a lot more interesting. The last time, Pakistani players did horrible in the IPL with the exception of Shoaib Akhtar.

what about sohail tanvir - he was the best bowler of the tournament (22 wkts) and best bowling of 6/14 and was on the winning team rajestan

there are allegations of match-fixing in icl...........
and I think that final matches are fixed....you know.......because icl is popular in pak and in hyd(in india)......so generally these two teams reach finals and one of them wins.......

I think last time it was hyd heroes won it.......so this time lahore badshashs won it........

just my opinion.....

btw, this is my first post......so ignore any errors.......thanks......

johnee - is that your picture on your avtar!

WA Bushwackers
SA Titans
Middlesex CCC
Sialkot Stallions

Woah! Chennai came second in IPL. Why arent the Rajasthan Royals playing?

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom