What's new

The Badshahs win!

Well the Hy Heroes were filled with international players too.

IPL is good too. The problem with IPL is that it is too domesticated. Hy Heroes is essentially a white club. There's a Bangladeshi team (which is surprisingly very good at 20-20). Its always more fun when playing against other countries.

ICL I think pays better than IPL at least this time it seemed so. But there are obvious reasons for IPL being the bigger tournament thus far. They have legal ICC sanction. I've heard ICL is also playing ODIs and Test Matches too.

It's not really a 2nd division. It's not marketing itself as an alternative to ICC. I'm pretty sure in Pakistan at least with all the infighting going on and the rebelling players, a rebel board along the lines of ICL would prop up too and would probably choose to collaborate with ICL.

Kapil did it in India. In Pak Imran Khan has been harping about improving domestic cricket. I think he should take the charge. I think with the exit of Mohammad Yousuf, its clear that the PCB is no where close to getting its act together and none of the good players would like to be associated with it any longer.

The example of Afridi is there. He hasn't scored a 50 in 20 months and hes still given a chance. Imran Farhat and Imran Nazir were given a chance for 1 or 2 matches before they were removed from the playing 11.

Why doesn't PCB recognize ICL? Doing this also enable PCB to lift ban on players.

Why doesn't PCB recognize ICL? Doing this also enable PCB to lift ban on players.

Simple, because PCB cannot standup to BCCI, given the precarious position PCB is in right now. They need more matches to be played in pakistan, and no body is willing to play may be except for sub-continent teams. Any match with India in pakistan will fill their coffers because of ticket sales, media rights etc, same cannot be said for matches with BD and SL.

Simple, because PCB cannot standup to BCCI, given the precarious position PCB is in right now. They need more matches to be played in pakistan, and no body is willing to play may be except for sub-continent teams. Any match with India in pakistan will fill their coffers because of ticket sales, media rights etc, same cannot be said for matches with BD and SL.

correct but it seems like India will now most probably not tour Pakistan in Jan-09. additionally the Indian Hockey team was denied permission at the 11th hour to cancel their tour.

correct but it seems like India will now most probably not tour Pakistan in Jan-09. additionally the Indian Hockey team was denied permission at the 11th hour to cancel their tour.

But if ICL is recognized then ICL teams will definitely play matches in Pakistan.

Last edited:

Bad news to PCB, I guess. Hope they can do the tour outside of pakistan just like the West Indies.

Correct,However BCCI is not the only reason, ICC is also against ICL so PCB can't recognize them without the permission of ICC.

Bad news to PCB, I guess. Hope they can do the tour outside of pakistan just like the West Indies.

the only options are sharjah, abu dhabi where crowds would come for the 1-dayers but test matches will suffer badly. the other option being considered is pak touring india but it dosnt help the PCB as much as a home series would.

Correct,However BCCI is not the only reason, ICC is also against ICL so PCB can't recognize them without the permission of ICC.

Whose pocket do you think ICC is in?. BCCI has grown too big for its own boots to control the world cricket owing to the large amount of money generated by Indian public in cricket. It is taking all other cricket boards for ransom by telling that they will not play if they recognize ICL and not ban ICL players from their country.

Back
Top Bottom