What's new

The Afghanistan exit will humiliate The United States worse than Vietnam

Hashshāshīn

Reaction score
"Crack the Sky, Shake the Earth"
- Message to communist forces who were informed that they were "about to inaugurate the greatest battle in the history of our country".

On January 30 1968, The Peoples Army of Vietnam launched the Tet Offensive on South Vietnam, the United States and its allies. The Tet Offensive was the decisive battle that was fought in Vietnam. After the Tet Offensive the United States were forced to change tactics and opted to move towards an orderly exit. An orderly exit was not possible. The last Americans left in Vietnam by 1975 had to scramble onto rooftops kicking off women and children before flying away in helicopters, leaving the South Vietnamese behind to face the advancing communist army outnumbered and alone.

It was a glorious victory for the Communists and a humiliating exit for the United States. Luckily,the Communists were pretty decent to their former enemy and most people had nothing to fear. The country was unified and the Vietnamese had liberated themselves from the Imperial United States Government in a stunning victory.

The situation in Afghanistan is very similar to Vietnam. Obama has set an exit date but intends on keeping a small number of troops in Afghanistan forever to guard American interests. They are trying to negotiate with the Taliban but there is no way the Taliban will allow skeleton crew of soldiers to sit in Afghanistan forever. The American military is overstretched. They are looking to move their military bullies primarily into the pacific. In addition to being overstretched,the United States is looking to scale back troop numbers and move towrads more unmanned technology. They are weakening their defences in Afghanistan and it will only encourage the opposition.

Nobody expected the Tet Offensive. People downplay its importance. America should not underestimate the Taliban. I cant see America making an orderly exit from Afghanistan. I think that they are a Tet Offensive away from running back to America with their tails between their legs just like they did in Vietnam. A disorderly exit from the War on Afghanistan would humiliate the United States and further erode its disappearing power.

I wonder what will happen to the low paid Afghan Military that America is training if America is forced to retreat. I wonder if the Taliban will be as forgiving as the communists were to most of the South Vietnamese. I think Afghanistan will be better off when they get rid of the United states. Vietnam turned out fine. They stil celebrate the Tet Offensive.

The whole War on Terrorism was just a crusade declared by Bush.

How can you declare a War on Terrorism, when terrorism is a tactic and not an enemy.

Bush has also declared a crusade against China, by trying to contain it and by using "satellite" states like Japan, Philippines, and South Korea.

Also India fell for the American-Japanese axis, like a cononut falls from a tree.

Everybody knows that.

I agree .....Terrorism is a concept and it is a faceless enemey ....India was raising the voice since 80's ....But US never recognized the concern from India and keep on supporting Terrorist elements in Afgan in the pursuit removing Soviets....Now the clock is back in full circle....The same monster is kicking US and its allied forces out of the Afganistan.....

But dear friends...Keep your finger crossed....who knows..who will be the next victim of Talibanisation of Afganistan...

US and NATO has done decent job in Afghanistan, I think it will take some time but Afghanistan will get better.

I agree .....Terrorism is a concept and it is a faceless enemey ....India was raising the voice since 80's ....But US never recognized the concern from India and keep on supporting Terrorist elements in Afgan in the pursuit removing Soviets....Now the clock is back in full circle....The same monster is kicking US and its allied forces out of the Afganistan.....

But dear friends...Keep your finger crossed....who knows..who will be the next victim of Talibanisation of Afganistan...

lol, what about Bharat being ripped apart by Maoists.

In Nepal Maoists run the country. Nepal prefers China to India now! :lol:

US and NATO has done decent job in Afghanistan, I think it will take some time but Afghanistan will get better.
it will get better when the us are out of there and they will becouse it is not up to them to choose they have to get out they are just trying to do it with a little pride

lol, what about Bharat being ripped apart by Maoists.

In Nepal Maoists run the country. Nepal prefers China to India now! :lol:

I donot consider Naxals are terrorists...They are not anti national...rather they are vision for different version of society..Anyway....let us not derail the thread.. How does it is related to thread that Nepal prefers to China....There is nothing wrong in it ...Nepal can prefer whereever it has national intrests.

Remember what happened to Cambodia when Americans were humiliated in Vietnam ?

Does anyone understand the counterpart of Cambodia in this case ?

it will get better when the us are out of there and they will becouse it is not up to them to choose they have to get out they are just trying to do it with a little pride

There was no US in AF before 9/11 also, but we know what happened in the end.

Keep wet dreaming bharati! If anything as close as what happened to Cambodia happens to Pakistan don't think your country will not feel the impact.

Like what? How is it India's problem if you people decides to kill eachother.

i dont care when america or other countries leave Afghanistan, all i want is a better Afghanistan for everyone, Afghanistan that every Afghan would be proud of

Keep wet dreaming bharati! If anything as close as what happened to Cambodia happens to Pakistan don't think your country will not feel the impact.

How about coming with a logical reply other than the lame reply of threatening India which has nothing to with you or Afghanistan or any of the **** going on in your north western areas ?

Remember what happened to Cambodia when Americans were humiliated in Vietnam ?

Does anyone understand the counterpart of Cambodia in this case ?

Are you suggesting a genocide might take place? Interesting. Ever since Obama called off the troops in Iraq, attacks have increased, so I think you may have a point there but then again, this are two different scenarios and US will have permanent bases in this countries

Are you suggesting a genocide might take place? Interesting. Ever since Obama called off the troops in Iraq, attacks have increased, so I think you may have a point there but then again, this are two different scenarios and US will have permanent bases in this countries

I'm suggesting superpowers dont take defeat, much less humiliation, graciously, and will find ways to hurt those that they perceive were responsible for their defeat and humiliation.

In Vietnam they thought Cambodia was responsible, in Afghanistan ?

Back
Top Bottom