Reaction score
Country
Canada
Thar coal Reserves

If All The Oil Reserves of Saudi Arab & Iran Put Together
These Are Approximately 375 Billion Barrels,
But
A Single Thar Coal Reserve Of Sindh is about 850 Trillion Cubic Feet,
Which is More Than Oil Reserves Of Saudi & Iran.

These reserves estimated at 850 trillion cubic feet (TCF) of gas, about 30 times higher than Pakistan 's proven gas reserves of 28 TCF.

Dr Murtaza Mughal president of Pakistan Economy Watch in a statement said that these reserves of coal worth USD 25 trillion can not only cater the electricity requirements of the country for next 100 years but also save almost four billion dollars in staggering oil import bill.

Just 2% usage of Thar Coal Can Produce 20,000 Mega Watts of Electricity for next 40Years ,without any single Second of Load Shedding.
and if the whole reserves are utilized, then it could easily be imagined how much energy could be generated.

The coal power generation would cost Pakistan PKR 5.67 per unit while power generated by Independent Power Projects cost PKR 9.27.

It Requires Just Initial 420 Billion Rupees Initial Investment,
Whereas Pakistan Receives annually 1220 Billion from Tax Only.

Chinese and other companies had not only carried out surveys and feasibilities of this project but also offered 100 percent investment in last 7 to 8 years but the “Petroleum Gang” always discouraged them in a very systematic way.

But Petroleum lobby , is very strong in Pakistan and they are against any other means of power generation except for the imported oil. This lobby is major beneficiary of the increasing oil bill that is estimated above 15 billion dollar this year. Even GOV. is planning to Sell all these reserve to a company on a very low price.
When Perwaz Musharraf was president he gave green signal to embark upon the initiation of work on exploiting energy potential of these coal reserves of Thar under a modern strategy.

Think About This, How We Can Help Our Home Land .

Spread this knowledge among all Pakistanis.

Thanks for this Eye opening post... Yes im also aware of this in one GEO news program i listened that these are the second largest in the world...... and yes GOP and other Corrupt............ or not using this Allah gifted resource for generating energy..........
on the other hand i was shocked when i come to know that China has signed an agreement with Australia for Coal.......... and why not Pakistan....?? I think they tried GOP first and then after their response they went to Australia.

Regards,

Sunny

Thar coal Reserves

If All The Oil Reserves of Saudi Arab & Iran Put Together
These Are Approximately 375 Billion Barrels,
But
A Single Thar Coal Reserve Of Sindh is about 850 Trillion Cubic Feet,
Which is More Than Oil Reserves Of Saudi & Iran.

These reserves estimated at 850 trillion cubic feet (TCF) of gas, about 30 times higher than Pakistan 's proven gas reserves of 28 TCF.

Dr Murtaza Mughal president of Pakistan Economy Watch in a statement said that these reserves of coal worth USD 25 trillion can not only cater the electricity requirements of the country for next 100 years but also save almost four billion dollars in staggering oil import bill.

Just 2% usage of Thar Coal Can Produce 20,000 Mega Watts of Electricity for next 40Years ,without any single Second of Load Shedding.
and if the whole reserves are utilized, then it could easily be imagined how much energy could be generated.

The coal power generation would cost Pakistan PKR 5.67 per unit while power generated by Independent Power Projects cost PKR 9.27.

It Requires Just Initial 420 Billion Rupees Initial Investment,
Whereas Pakistan Receives annually 1220 Billion from Tax Only.

Chinese and other companies had not only carried out surveys and feasibilities of this project but also offered 100 percent investment in last 7 to 8 years but the “Petroleum Gang” always discouraged them in a very systematic way.

But Petroleum lobby , is very strong in Pakistan and they are against any other means of power generation except for the imported oil. This lobby is major beneficiary of the increasing oil bill that is estimated above 15 billion dollar this year. Even GOV. is planning to Sell all these reserve to a company on a very low price.
When Perwaz Musharraf was president he gave green signal to embark upon the initiation of work on exploiting energy potential of these coal reserves of Thar under a modern strategy.

Think About This, How We Can Help Our Home Land .

Spread this knowledge among all Pakistanis.

I dont know for what worst time they are saving this for? It should have been brought into use long age.

Pakistan has no lack of Natural Resources, all we need is devotion, sincerety and motivation.

KIT Over

@^^

And revamp of corrupt system

The system starts with the most smallest unit, individual families in Pakistan when every family in pakistan is educted on following principles

1) Pay Taxes
2) Get Educated
3) Recycle
4) Clean your neighbourhoods
5) Report Curruption 1-800 , for curruption police
6) Conserve Electricity
7) Mandatory Volunteer Work by Highschool students for credits
8) Buy Pakistan 90% items in your home should be from Pakistan
9) Vote and support parties with Goals, not ethnic statement
10) Donate to Research and Development sector in Universities
11) Save on expenses on marriges and other wastes do court
marrige/simple dinners
12) Reduce expenditure on Makeup
13) PHD level teachers in schools
14) Support from gov /pubic ofr local industry

If these simple principles are inducted in our daily lives - as a collective we ca see change -

Is it gas or is it coal? if gas which gas?
The title may need some editing if its gas.

may be the guy does not know what he is talking about....he is probably another one wanting to hit the news with some sensational news but has showed his idiocity as usual as the others .

Choudary Sb,

Please find below conversion table

Natural Gas: Cubic Foot Equivalents
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 Tcf Natural Gas per Year
per year
= 27 mrd m3 gas (30 mrd Groningen)
= 24 million tonnes oil
= 37 million tonnes coal per day = 2 700 million ft3 gas
= 470 000 barrels oil
Unit Conversion : Oil Industry Conversions

Regards,

M Y Waraich

1 Tcf Natural Gas per Year
per year
= 27 mrd m3 gas (30 mrd Groningen)
= 24 million tonnes oil
= 37 million tonnes coal per day

are you sure????
the link states otherwise

I have seen the same post on several other forums and people emailing each other. I congratulate Pakistan on their reserve and I am very well aware of the coal reserves of Pakistan which amount to somewhere around 185 billion tonnes.
But there are calculation mistakes in the article. Whoever wrote it wasn't in the energy field. Anyways, cheers :cheers:

Cheers.Those Coal Deposits are sitting there idle and you say to us Cheers.It's like putting Salt on Pakistani wounds.

Don't take me negatively. Sooner or later you will tap those reserves.
Its not gonna lay there forever. If I was the PM of Pak, sure I would have changed the scenario.

Pakistan politics needs a huge change. You people should encourage young students to join politics and support them on all grounds. Your politicians are milking you dry BIG time. Time to get some engineers, doctors, managers on that PM seat.

Sooner or later you will tap those reserves.

Please as being a neighbor you know our Political system very well.So by saying this line you are again putting salt on Pakistani wounds.

I dont know why the pakistani gov is blind on this gods miracle to pak!

Its like having a million dollars in ur pocket and u r begging for a penny !

Back
Top Bottom