What's new

TF-X Turkish Fighter & Trainer Aircraft Projects

Do you see similarities with SU-50 ?

435531.jpg

If this is true then TFX is considerably smaller than the F-22
Is this a bad sign? It's supposed to be an air superority fighter jet. A smaller size means lower average cost per unit and higher maneuverability. Am I wrong? Just asking, please correct me if I'm wrong.

However, I don't believe in those specifications. It's still too early.

Is this a bad sign? It's supposed to be an air superority fighter jet. A smaller size means lower average cost per unit and higher maneuverability. Am I wrong? Just asking, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Neither I do.

Look at the J-20, T-50 and F-22 stats. They all have 18+ meter length, 13+ meter wingspan. These stats make no sense. It is even smaller than a F-35.

If this is true (which as you said, is probably not) there are two consequences:
1- The TFX will be one hell of a beast in terms of maneuverability with two EJ200? engines powering a tiny airframe. Radar signature will be extremely low.
2- Smaller airframe means less ammo and range (due to reduced fuel).

Back
Top Bottom