What's new

TF-X Turkish Fighter & Trainer Aircraft Projects

US government agreed to transfer of 21 technologies used in the F-35 stealth fighter to Korea in return about 7.5 billion dollars but they refused to transfer of following 4 critical technologies:
LAq2vV.jpg

What about Turkey in this critical technologies?

US government agreed to transfer of 21 technologies used in the F-35 stealth fighter to Korea in return about 7.5 billion dollars but they refused to transfer of following 4 critical technologies:
LAq2vV.jpg

No way we will not buy it and that money is to much. Transer of information are you talking no hardware or software. Beside that you have to make your own hardware that will cost you more then 15 billions. With that they will see a lot of restrictions. Better to invest in your own industry.

LAq2vV.jpg

Turkey doesn't have problems with those systems listed, since they have all been developed in various forms for Air, Ground and Surface Vessels. The problem Turkey is going to have with TFX is flight control systems and life sustaining systems like OBOGS, basically all the critical sub-systems required for an aircraft - since Turkey is in the early stages of modern aviation those systems technology have to be purchased or produced and imported from a foreign Country..

I can give you example; Hurkus - Turkish Trainer Aircraft
  • Environmental control system
  • On-Board Oxygen Generating System
  • Fuel system
  • EFI-890R flat panel display & radio control unit
  • Landing gear system
Some of the sub-systems that are foreign.

Last edited:
aselsan aselpod program director said at TRT program (tekno hd) they want to integrate aselpod inside of the aircraft for a stealth jet like TFX. In reality turkey gave signals for TFX with begining aselpod,aesa radar,engine, missiles programs.Hurkus is not a jet but its a good examination for TAİ to learning desining and developing process of a modern aircraft.
May be this time Koreans knock our door for aselpod:-)If they say we want to integrate aselpod inside this means they are working on it.

Can someone translate what it ha written?
What is the TFX project?
The TFX project is the 5th gen( F-22 like system) replacement for the F-16s in the inventory.
This project will put Turkiye in the upper league(military and politics).

What is the TFX project?
The TFX project is the 5th gen( F-22 like system) replacement for the F-16s in the inventory.
This project will put Turkiye in the upper league(military and politics).

An F-22 equivalent. Interesting.

Whitin TFX Project, 300 R&D Project Identified. There will be 1000 project team established.

TFX Project R&D and Technology Management

TFX

Start From Basics

Required Radar and Electronic War Systems for TFX Project

and......The very first image of the TX trainer concept being studied by TAI

Thnks Orko_8

Last edited:
Glad to see that my twitter account is being closely monitered by this forum :)

I took the above photos and several others during the Turkish Aerospace Workshop, organized by TUBITAK.

They are from presentations of SSM, TUBITAK and Turkish Air Force. I also recorded a short video shown by TurAF during the event.

As for TFX, there has been no decision made (incl. the number of engines), the design has not started. As you can see, the program is still at the very basic stage.

Glad to see that my twitter account is being closely monitered by this forum :)

I took the above photos and several others during the Turkish Aerospace Workshop, organized by TUBITAK.

They are from presentations of SSM, TUBITAK and Turkish Air Force. I also recorded a short video shown by TurAF during the event.

As for TFX, there has been no decision made (incl. the number of engines), the design has not started. As you can see, the program is still at the very basic stage.

OUR LORD AND SAVIOUR ARDA. PRAISE THY GOD AMONG MEN. :welcome:

Your contribution to the Turkish community is matched only by Cabatli :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom