What's new

TF-X Turkish Fighter & Trainer Aircraft Projects

E7ZPI4QWEAQFzky

MMU Mockup, TAI facilities.

I had not. I suppose I should be following the TF-X more closely, especially now. Are these official slides? If so I guess it makes Pakistan's entry almost possible.
Don't know if they're official, but given who posted it, I'm inclined to think it's an accurate representation.

So the detalied design phase is yet to begin ??

It will take atleast 18 24 months to make a flyable prototype .but the design isn't finalized yet , no reports on rcs testing on full scale prototype , nor any deveolpment on mission computer for 5th gen level computing required .

Nor any research on GaN based planks for radar as well as ew suite , no prototype of eo das yet

@MMM-E

Last edited:
Don't know if they're official, but given who posted it, I'm inclined to think it's an accurate representation.
This suggests that the TFX isnt THAT far out from the Azm; There has just been more revealed about it - and Azm has been kept a total mystery (probably since they are unsure of what its future holds so don't want to look silly if things change).

So the detalied design phase is yet to begin ??

It will take atleast 18 24 months to make a flyable prototype .but the design isn't finalized yet , no reports on rcs testing on full scale prototype , nor any deveolpment on mission computer for 5th gen level computing required .

Nor any research on GaN based planks for radar as well as ew suite , no prototype of eo das yet

@MMM-E

Detail design is started in 2023, there you should have read this as this is in previous post. If we use KF 21/IFX development which detail design phase started in July 2018 and the roll out of prototype is in April 2021 so TFX is likely coming out as full prototype in 2026 (roll out) and first flight is in 2027.

1627972669220.png

Detail design is started in 2023, there you should have read this as this is in previous post. If we use KF 21/IFX development which detail design phase started in July 2018 and the roll out of prototype is in April 2021 so TFX is likely coming out as full prototype in 2026 (roll out)

View attachment 766989
First flight of ifx is in 2022-2023 ,so that means tfx will be flown in 2028 at earliest .

Tfx is too late in the game , i think they should go for vlo design instead of lo , otherwise it would turn out to be a mediocre platform

First flight of ifx is in 2022-2023 ,so that means tfx will be flown in 2028 at earliest .

Tfx is too late in the game , i think they should go for vlo design instead of lo , otherwise it would turn out to be a mediocre platform

KF 21/IFX first flight is 2022 according to the plan, but of course we cannot be very sure about it as in Indonesia case, N 219, there was 2 years between the prototype roll out and first flight despite the management always said previously 1 year after the roll out will be the first flight.

This is their first fighter and has already been STEALTH one, so it never too late, you can see even European and Japanese target is after 2030's (Tempest and others).

They also try to use their own engine ( while prototype will use F 110), if something happen with their jet engine program so they will likely just use F 110 for mass production. In this sense, you will see Erdogan will try to please US in the coming years instead of becoming "bad boy" in order to get US approval of possible GE F 110 engine sales

This is the air force presentation so official. But too formal. The program is 1 year ahead according to TAI CEO, so you can subtract 1 year from everything. First flight is 2025, according to the company's own CEO.

Moment ... a timeline that anyway does not fit and is impossible to reach is now called one year ahead and cut by one year to an even more impossible one and you still think it can be done since it is "official"??? :crazy:

Come on, even by this official timeline, SSR is not yet done, detailed design not even started and you want us to believe in yet another propaganda claim, maiden flight will be already in 2025?? :omghaha:

Not sure in what fantasy-land you are living.

Military Forum Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom