What's new

TF-X Turkish Fighter & Trainer Aircraft Projects

Pratt & Whitney F135 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
General Electric F110 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If we are going go for HQ-9.... we should go for EJ230, incase US decides to sanction us and selecting an American engine for our jet will give them a great leverage.
EJ-230 hasnt got enough power(look at the chart in post 110 by @cabatli_53 for the FX-1 ,thats why i ask.
PW F135 or GE F110 could be denied or strings attached.
So again,what other choice do we have besides the EJ series?

Last edited:
EJ-230 hasnt got enough power(look at post 110 by @cabatli_53 for the FX-1 ,thats why i ask.
PW F135 or GE F110 could be denied.
So again,what other choice do we have?

Read my previous post... I gave brief translation of S&H magazine's article which includes Eurojet's official's interview...

He says EJ200 can be made enough for FX-1 also EJ230 can be another option.... No problem about power...

Read my previous post... I gave brief translation of S&H magazine's article which includes Eurojet's official's interview...

He says EJ200 can be made enough for FX-1 also EJ230 can be another option.... No problem about power...
That is the problem,enough is not enough.
What good is the FX a 5th gen fighter when its not better then the 4,5 gen Eurofighter already in production?
Neye yarar,en az Eurofighterden ustun olmazsa?
80 billion for what?

That is the problem,enough is not enough.
What good is the FX a 5th gen fighter when its not better then the 4,5 gen Eurofighter already in production?
Neye yarar,en az Eurofighterden ustun olmazsa?
80 billion for what?

Who said T/F-X will not be better then Eurofighter ?..

So,what other choices do we have then,when the EJ-235 is not suitable?

For twin engine variant,

The one of other strongest candidate is: GE for F-110-GE-132 powering F-16 Block 60 : 32000lbf/29,4 tonnes: 2176,8lbf/tonnes makes FX-1 one of the strongest fighter in World. Even lower variants are OK for us but It is not known What USA is going to respond...

FX-1

saab2-600x400.jpg

Last edited:
Who said T/F-X will not be better then Eurofighter ?..
FX-1 with EJ-235 T/W ratio: 47000lbf/29,4 tonnes: 1598,5lbf/tonnes
Eurofighter T/W ratio: 40500lbf/23,5tonnes: 1723,5lbf/tonnes

You tell me.

For twin engine variant,

The one of other strongest candidate is: GE for F-110-GE-132 powering F-16 Block 60 : 32000lbf/29,4 tonnes: 2176,8lbf/tonnes or lower variants...

FX-1

saab2-600x400.jpg
Now youre talking,thats the one we need.
But then again,probably strings attached.

Remember one of my old posts about Tf-X

-Both single-engine & Delta Canard fighter configurations will possess a maximum take-off weight of between 50,000lb and 60,000lb, whereas the maximum take-off weight of the twin-engine concept measures a littile more between 60,000lb and 70,000lb.

-TAI wants to go ahead with twin engine variant.
-Turkish AirForce and TAI officials visited installations of PW, GE and Eurojet.

*For single engine configuration, It is F-135 engines talked with P&W.
*For twin engine configuration, Officials are in talk with GE for F-110-GE-132 and Eurojet for EJ-230.

Turkish AirForce requires TF-X fighters with thrust power of 40000lb+(for all configuration, It is the thrust limit of TF-X) on a single engine configuration with F-135 engines (TuAF wants to benefit Logistic advantages of same engines for two different new generation aircraft to be joined into inventory in 2020's. F-35 and TF-X) but;

Due to export policies of USA for such critical and new powerfull products, It is being discussed the impossibility of acquiring F-135 so TAI wants to develop twin engine configuration with other engine solutions typed above (2 GE-135(32000lbx2 or 2 EJ-230 ( 20000lbx2). At all conditions, It is expected to have a fighter design which will have a thrust ratio more than 40000lb+.

Last edited:
It will be stealth, will have inner stations, it will pass sound velocity without activating afterburner(super cruise capability)

This thing sounds like a fantasy... the only Western Jet which has both super-cruise and stealth ability is F-22... compare the T/W ratios....

FX-1 with EJ-200 T/W ratio : 40500lbf/29,4 tonnes: 1377,5lbf/tonnes
FX-1 with EJ-235 T/W ratio: 47000lbf/29,4 tonnes: 1598,5lbf/tonnes
F-16 Block-50+ T/W ratio: 28000lbf/19,2 tonnes: 1458,3 lbf/tonnes
Eurofighter T/W ratio: 40500lbf/23,5tonnes: 1723,5lbf/tonnes
F-35 T/W ratio: 43000lbf/31,8tonnes: 1352,2 lbf/tonnes
F-22 T/W ratio: 70000lbf/38 tonnes: 1842,5 lbf/tonnes

@T-123456 & @Sinan

Guys why you do this to me ?.. :D

Why don't you just say "Sure we will build a superior 5th gen. fighter jet which has super cruise capability and for sure our guys will find a formula about engine too"

Come on you can do it... :D

Now serious comment: Eurojet officials have no problem about providing what we want, this is written in S&H magazine... If Cabatli didn't read it yet i'm sure he will read and say same thing... Problem(actualy not a problem) is Eurojet officials don't know what exactly we want... They are willing to make a deal with us so much and they will fulfill our needs which is defined by TurAF... And TurAF will not take step back about it's repuirements... Somehow we will buy(even some ToT & co-production) the engine we need... Why should we buy an engine that we don't want, which is not enough while engine producers(especially EUROJET) are WILLING to make a deal with us so much ???... Eurojet offers EJ200 and says if we want they can increase it's power without any hardware change... EJ200 has that capacity... Also they are ok about EJ230 deal... If EJ230 is not enough also we can understand that they can increase EJ230's power for us too... I'm sure we can decrease FX-1's weight too... :D

Come on guys don't break my heart & hopes, also i'm not talking BS... :smitten:

We will have a superior 5th gen. fighter jet which has super cruise capability... Woooooooooooooww...

:crazy_pilot:
:guns:
:super:

@T-123456 & @Sinan

Why don't you just say "Sure we will build a superior 5th gen. fighter jet which has super cruise capability and for sure our guys will find a formula about engine too"

Now serious comment: Eurojet officials have no problem about providing what we want, this is written in S&H magazine... If Cabatli didn't read it yet i'm sure he will read and say same thing... Problem(actualy not a problem) is Eurojet officials don't know what exactly we want... They are willing to make a deal with us so much and they will fulfill our needs which is defined by TurAF... And TurAF will not take step back about it's repuirements... Somehow we will buy(even some ToT & co-production) the engine we need... Why should we buy an engine that we don't want, which is not enough while engine producers(especially EUROJET) are WILLING to make a deal with us so much ???... Eurojet offers EJ200 and says if we want they can increase it's power without any hardware change... EJ200 has that capacity... Also they are ok about EJ230 deal... If EJ230 is not enough also we can understand that they can increase EJ230's power for us too... I'm sure we can decrease FX-1's weight too... :D

Come on guys don't break my heart & hopes, also i'm not talking BS... :smitten:

We will have a superior 5th gen. fighter jet which has super cruise capability... Woooooooooooooww...

:crazy_pilot:
:guns:
:super:
Ok ok,we will have the best 5th gen fighterjet.

Guys why you do this to me ?..
Come on you can do it...
Now serious comment: Eurojet officials have no problem about providing what we want, this is written in S&H magazine... If Cabatli didn't read it yet i'm sure he will read and say same thing... Problem(actualy not a problem) is Eurojet officials don't know what exactly we want... They are willing to make a deal with us so much and they will fulfill our needs which is defined by TurAF... And TurAF will not take step back about it's repuirements... Somehow we will buy(even some ToT & co-production) the engine we need... Why should we buy an engine that we don't want, which is not enough while engine producers(especially EUROJET) are WILLING to make a deal with us so much ???... Eurojet offers EJ200 and says if we want they can increase it's power without any hardware change... EJ200 has that capacity... Also they are ok about EJ230 deal... If EJ230 is not enough also we can understand that they can increase EJ230's power for us too... I'm sure we can decrease FX-1's weight too...
Come on guys don't break my heart & hopes, also i'm not talking BS...

We have to be realistic man.... or else we willl just do propaganda like some other country.

Other than that, when you go for stealth which means interior weapons bay and stuff.... you are making a big jet which will increase the weight...
Ok ok,we will have the best 5th gen fighterjet.

We will eventually build a x-wing fighter. :agree:

Xwing_RS3.jpg

So pakistan is not really going to help but get paid.:lol:
We'll help in exchange for ToT !!! :D

Defence sectors of both countries should share their technical expertise with each other !!!

@T-123456 & @Sinan
Who needs 5th gen shyte we will build 7,25 gen quadro engine stealth jet with mach 8. :tup:

fighter_plane-HD.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom