What's new

Tejas R&D cost exceeds Gripen's

If everyone use a round wheel for a wagon. It might be innovation to try a square wheel.:woot: go patent it.

ever known the meaning of - on a lighter note - huh..? i guess no..

on the other hand if the square wheel is found to give a better efficiency in some cases no harm in trying it..

India cannot succeed in INDIGENOUS WEAPON DEVELOPMENT unless and until it allows greater role of private companies in R&D.I am quite please to see that India has stepped in this direction by allowing Mahindra and Tata some defence contract with strict deadlines and better results.

well i can't say if the LCA is a succes or a failer but the 35 years spent on this project will give indian scientists alot of experience in making fighter planes. LCA project might not be good in the short term but in the long term all that experience in making that plane will give indian avation a great boost.

well i can't say if the LCA is a succes or a failer but the 35 years spent on this project will give indian scientists alot of experience in making fighter planes. LCA project might not be good in the short term but in the long term all that experience in making that plane will give indian avation a great boost.

right on the spot....u can expect anyone to start on their very first project under strict technology denail regimes nd come out with a flyer jus a france or UK or US.

U have to start somewer....im glad we started with this nd definitely this will be of immense help in the long run for the indian avaition industry.

yaar its better then waste 35 years and tons of dollers i think;)

Firstly it was sanctioned in 1983 that doesnot mean work was started in 1983, Secondly see this fighter when 2018 comes(35 yrs from the sanction date) and what configuration it will be having at that time. It takes huge amount of time and cost when someone is building a fighter jet from Scratch and for the first time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom