What's new

Tejas R&D cost exceeds Gripen's

aaaa besides the frame of the plane what part of the plane is made in india??? The kaveri engine is a failer, so the indians are getting a foreign engine, a homemade indian radar is non existant, so they are going for a foreign one, other compoments needed for the plane foreign.

Well atleast the frame looks cool

You finally found the reason why the increased R&D costs for the Tejas..dude way to go!! :tup:

Tejas is just more than another fighter aircraft. It was development of an entire range of R&D systems for developing a 4th++ fighter as well. Just like Akash and Trishul was the base for Indian BMD development. Without Akash and Trishul India could not have the expertise and established R&D centres.

Another reason is technology denial and sanctions. Gripen heavily depends on US systems while Tejas has less US systems in board, it was sanctioned many times.

Though time overrun and cost outrun is there it will be success. Without Tejas we cannot go towards MCA and FGFA.

By going for a 4++ fighter our DRDO guys had set their sights too high and the IAF have not made their life easy by changing requirements consistently. on top of this the sanctions have added to the woes.

However it is unacceptable that even after this long time span the aircrafts are still not cleared for IOC. Better mgmt skills are required:sniper:

The main problem in that program is demand of IAF which change in every two to three years. First u guys have to make the plane then you can make changes into it that what we done, now we have a plane and we can make many changes in it like

more composite material so more Thrust/weight ratio(currently 0.99)

more advance avionics

more advance radar

more advance engine

now it is up to us how we change our fighter

this is very old concept and US done this in her F16 program i.e

F16 BLK5
F16 BLK10
F16 BLK15
F16 BLK20 ete

The main problem in that program is demand of IAF which change in every two to three years. First u guys have to make the plane then you can make changes into it that what we done, now we have a plane and we can make many changes in it like

more composite material so more Thrust/weight ratio(currently 0.99)

more advance avionics

more advance radar

more advance engine

now it is up to us how we change our fighter

this is very old concept and US done this in her F16 program i.e

F16 BLK5
F16 BLK10
F16 BLK15
F16 BLK20 ete

thats waT all the countries(USA,Russia,China) do...on a lighter note -mayb Indian managers thot diiferently..y go down the beaten path...y not try something different..?:rofl::rofl:

I personally feel, in Coming years, whole world see the might of Indian Defence industry..Failures are the first step towards success and delays doesnt mean that a product is a failed one.. despite all the odds, Tejas will be a huge success, And India will move ahead in development of mca and hca..
Goodluck India.:smitten:

I personally feel, in Coming years, whole world see the might of Indian Defence industry..Failures are the first step towards success and delays doesnt mean that a product is a failed one.. despite all the odds, Tejas will be a huge success, And India will move ahead in development of mca and hca..

thats a new term..what will iy be..a stealth bomber...who knows..?

yaar its better then waste 35 years and tons of dollers i think;)

Imran - buidling a good jet fighter is not easy,, paksitan cant even dream to be there. ( althoguht i agree pakistan's need for a fighter jet is not really there - they have small budget so can do away with a few bought up fighters).

but indians learnt alot from this project. tejas is a good jet. and from this programme they got a lot of know how,

and more over they could show some hands and tricks they got from TOT from various projects. :cheers:

cheers.

Imran - buidling a good jet fighter is not easy,, paksitan cant even dream to be there. ( althoguht i agree pakistan's need for a fighter jet is not really there - they have small budget so can do away with a few bought up fighters).

but indians learnt alot from this project. tejas is a good jet. and from this programme they got a lot of know how,

and more over they could show some hands and tricks they got from TOT from various projects. :cheers:

cheers.

can we dream for wait 35 years of learn sorry we will kill all the persons of project if they try to late us 50 years and tons of dollers to induct a jet .we are not same i agree:P

can we dream for wait 35 years of learn sorry we will kill all the persons of project if they try to late us 50 years and tons of dollers to induct a jet .we are not same i agree:P

Obviously If any government is spending a lot of money, time, Manpower in such project then they can worry about it. Developping a Fighter Aircraft is not that easy for the developing Country like India...Forget About PAKISTAN which far way from the development....If any country working on any Project then that project teaches that country a lot for the future(E.g. See Indian Space research history) Though in space reasearch there was lot of hickups and failure in the biginning, but We managed to get the desired result. I think same applies here and definatly we will get Our LCA with that effort. India is thinking to make Aircraft carrier, Fighter Aircraft, ICBM and many things by his Own so that insted of buying those things with same amount money from foreign. We dont have any Priore experince in that and thats why it will take time and every project can go through the Failure or initial hickups. We have money only experince needed from such projects so that in future the complition time will be less. :cheers:

Pakistanis Dont have any right to say anything about any project that India working on since they even cant think to take such projects in near 100 years. They love to depend on others(Eg. Nuclear Technology/Aircraft ):hitwall: but now we indians are thinking different. We want to make our Own identity through this project. Pakistanis first of all need to tackle the Home situation then they can comment on any others failure. :sniper::sniper:

thats waT all the countries(USA,Russia,China) do...on a lighter note -mayb Indian managers thot diiferently..y go down the beaten path...y not try something different..?:rofl::rofl:

If everyone use a round wheel for a wagon. It might be innovation to try a square wheel.:woot: go patent it.

I agree with you. One step at a time. Good luck India. All failures are steping stones toward success. Its an achievement itself to attempt LCA from a very low base.

I agree with you. One step at a time. Good luck India. All failures are steping stones toward success. Its an achievement itself to attempt LCA from a very low base.

u mean to say from beginning....and also not just a 3rd gen plane but a true 4.5 gen plane.....from scratch and not copy paste.....:smitten:

oh you will be happy if your government plan to have a programme going and start to think of 4.5 gen fighter of their own ---
and after 18 years they will come up with

seventh generation fighter.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom