What's new

‘Tejas’ LCA project likely to be completed in 2015

A project delayed for more than 1 decade is just failed project. Only Indian people can accept it because you guys do not keep time traditionally, mostly 5 minutes in india means at least half of 1 hour, it is based on my true expierence.

Worry about china? We did not have superiority against India in 80s, but we do have now, thanks to all the delayed and failed project of India.

It has been more than 4 decades in development since the indian govt's first approval of the project

Timeline of HAL Tejas

And the product is going to be a 3-gen fighter at most equivalent to the ranks of JF-17!

Tejas will cost more than $31 mio a piece

JF-17 was inducted in 2007 @ a humble $15 mio (Block 1); 20~25 mio (Block 2) - a great value for money product which is exploring for more overseas markets

It has been about 4 decades in development since the indian govt's first approval of the project

Timeline of HAL Tejas

And the product is going to be a 3-gen fighter at most equivalent to the ranks of JF-17!

Tejas will cost more than $31 mio a piece

JF-17 was inducted in 2007 @ a humble $15 mio (Block 1); 20~25 mio (Block 2) - a great value for money product which is exploring for more overseas markets

I can not believe that, it can not happen in any other country. Indian people is really rare.

jf 17 * 2 = lca ( 2 x $15+ mio =:= $30+ mio)

By the time teja is inducted, the project will be carrying on for half a century or more.
You have all the assistance in the world:Russia, France, Israel, USA ...Oh My God!

would u say same after comparing the engines ,material of air frame ,radar ,thrust to weight ratio???lca might be an old project doesnt mean its components would be old..it evolved with time...

2004: LCA will be fully operational by 2010

LCA Tejas still not ready - Times Of India

2011: LCA will be fully operational by 2013

Tejas won't become fully operational before 2013 - Times Of India

2013: LCA will be fully operational by 2015

'LCA Tejas likely to be ready for operational service by 2015' | Business Standard

2015: LCA will be fully operational by ????????????????? The saga of LCA goes on....its like a never ending daily soap of Ekta Kapoor.... To be fair the IAF, DRDO, ADA and HAL have messed up. I hope I could see the LCA squadrons in this life time.

o It's routine ...It wont see true fighter life..its a corrupt project... wont see a proper day light... I think India Shud leave it and go full throttle for amca...

Completed?
What exactly does completed mean?

Completed as in the aircraft is ready for operational service.. then yes.
But completed as in "Thats it folks, no more work on that"..I dont think so.

I'm pretty sure it will not be completed by 2015. Indian will pull the versioning stunt again by that time, calling LCA MK1 phase 1 has completed in 2015 and phase 2 will be done in 2018. Same bu!lshit.

Completed?

Completed means can do all task which fighters intended can do,

By only Flying in Day and landing don't make aircraft completed , unlike some countries only consider by making flying Aircraft with no components

It is irony that, some countries only consider by flying aircraft is successful.

The components /technology used in Tejas is still far ahead that some of the countries developed modern planes and they are still trying to catch Tejas MK-1 models then their MK-2 model etc.

Some countries planes when flown and declared operation don't have night flying capability , IRST, HMDS etc but declared successful. Some countries gone to any extent to fool themselves to an illusion that they make good plane.

India (Tejas) on other hand will made slow and steady plane going for completion with full functionally.

I'm pretty sure it will not be completed by 2015. Indian will pull the versioning stunt again by that time, calling LCA MK1 phase 1 has completed in 2015 and phase 2 will be done in 2018. Same bu!lshit.

their is only MK1 and MK2 model, MK2 model working is already started and will be completed by 2018.

their is only MK1 and MK2 model, MK2 model working is already started and will be completed by 2018.

There was no MK1 or MK2. There was only LCA. Since it has been delayed time and time again and had no hope of getting completed, they split it into MK1 and MK2 to claim its first phase was "done." MK1 is a joke.

There was no MK1 or MK2. There was only LCA. Since it has been delayed time and time again and had no hope of getting completed, they split it into MK1 and MK2 to claim its first phase was "done." MK1 is a joke.

Why do come to threads when all you can contribute is inanity?

Completed?

That never happens till the aircraft is retired from service. Developmental projects run at all phases of the aircraft (especilly after entering sevice)

Operational service.. yes, if the Air force is ready to induct a jet which is good for A2G and self defense(short range,R-73), then yes LCA is ready more than enough. It is the AIR FORCE STANDARDS which determines whether it is ready or not. Unfortunately IAF has high set of standards, so not ready to accept it till it reaches full operational activities.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom