What's new

Tata Motors offers vehicles to replace Tatra trucks

Bro if you look at the pic. it is just a bycle.... if a car hit a bycle it should flew in air along with man..... look at the impact on car... we can expect some dent but this is so funny.... I thought Nano only have this kinda features....
of cause it should fly in most instances
the phenomenon in the pic should meet many conditions.
1.force in the plane of the wheel, no force component of other directions
2.impacting point is higher than the center of the circle
3.good frictional resistance between tire and the ground.

it is nothing about Nano or Land Rover

i am not saying it is any chinese car or some other.

If you look at the Impact, certainly The car must move with an average speed and the cycle should have more more weight ... to withstand the impact...... certainly it need more support.... it is car which hit the cyle... If the cycle hit car when the car have zero vel, i might agree with you...

Tata Motors offers vehicles to replace Tatra trucks - The Economic Times

NEW DELHI: Tata Motors has offered its latest vehicles to the Defence Ministry to replace the controversial Tatra trucks, used so far to carry missiles such as Agni and Prithvi.

The procurement of Tatra trucks has been put on hold pending a CBI probe into bribery allegations by former Army chief Gen V K Singh.

Tata Motors will make a presentation before Defence Ministry's Director General (Acquisition) S B Agnihotri about its latest vehicles offered by it to replace Tatra trucks for carrying missile systems of the armed forces such as BrahMos and Pinaka, Defence Ministry sources told PTI here.

The Ministry has already been offered trucks by Russian and Belarusian firms for replacing the Tatras including the Volat trucks from Belarus which are used to carry strategic missile systems of the Russian armed forces.

Due to the virtual ban on the procurement of Tatras, several key projects of the Army and the IAF have been put on hold including procurement of land-based version of BrahMos supersonic cruise missile for the Army and the IAF and the Pinaka rockets launchers for the land forces.

If the proposals made by these firms are accepted, they would be put under trials for being integrated with the missile systems, they said.

Already, a significant number of Tata trucks are in service with the armed forces but they are in light and medium vehicle category.

More than 7,000 Tatra trucks are in service with the armed forces and after the controversy in March last year, their repair and maintenance have also become an issue in the defence forces.

Last March, Gen V K Singh had levelled allegations that he was offered a bribe of Rs 14 crore by a retired Lt Gen to clear a file relating to the procurement of over 600 of these trucks.

Dear Cyrus Pallonji Mistry, How much you will offer bribe to the Family????

The AW coptor deal money has been given to a secret family..

Its a no brainer. Support TATA. Support Domestic players.

2013 Motto: For Indians, By Indians -----"FIBI"

TATA is known for integrity , Will TATAs pay kick back to the family>??> Domestic players my foot, corrupt Indian just want Kickback.

Dear Cyrus Pallonji Mistry, How much you will offer bribe to the Family????

The AW coptor deal money has been given to a secret family..

TATA is known for integrity , Will TATAs pay kick back to the family>??> Domestic players my foot, corrupt Indian just want Kickback.

I know, its so sad. I am surprised by how many Indian posters think corruption is a way of life and accept it as such. Such a disgusting attitude. Makes you think how ashamed they should be.

not sure if it is a Chinese car, even if it is ,not bad at all.

if you have some basic knowlege about design of civilian cars, you should know that the bumper is not the harder the better. it should have a moderate stiffness that can give good buffer to those in the car.however, military vehicles should be much harder to keep work after some impacts.

maybe you think a car should be much strongger than a bike,not accurate.a car can withstand much bigger force ,but not stress in certain parts. if the car is a benz or bmw, its bumper would be shown the same. one reason is what i gave above, the other reason is the wheel is a perfect mechanical structure,it can withstand very great force in the radial .

so i bet even a super car impacts a junk bike, given the force same in direction and magnitude,the results are similar.

Nobody knows which car is that ;)

You are wrong on the design concept friend. Any part , including the covering panels are tested for specific stress and shears. I am not a designer though ;)

I can give you some examples where a TATA NANO hits a motorbike and killed the rider and still not in the bad condition as that car. Here is NaNo
Tata_Nano_im_Verkehrszentrum_des_Deutschen_Museums.JPG

All the parts of the car are supposed to be in place for most of the condition.

And let alone the logic that's the reason that image was a joke over Internet. If it had any scientific goodie I doubt anyone would have joked about it.

That's actually a "Chevrolet SAIL vs a Chinese bicycle" !! :lol:

You serious ???

You are unnecessarily defending that car.
Even if the car didn't hit the cycle and cycle hit the car it should he the cycle that should wreck and NOT the car

That car is bad or NOT safe. No matter who made it. It's not road worthy.

You are unnecessarily defending that car.
Even if the car didn't hit the cycle and cycle hit the car it should he the cycle that should wreck and NOT the car

That car is bad or NOT safe. No matter who made it. It's not road worthy.

sure i don't have to defend the car. i even can say that how good the chinese bike is or how bad the US car is .but that is not Science.

Nobody knows which car is that ;)

You are wrong on the design concept friend. Any part , including the covering panels are tested for specific stress and shears. I am not a designer though ;)

I can give you some examples where a TATA NANO hits a motorbike and killed the rider and still not in the bad condition as that car. Here is NaNo
Tata_Nano_im_Verkehrszentrum_des_Deutschen_Museums.JPG

All the parts of the car are supposed to be in place for most of the condition.

And let alone the logic that's the reason that image was a joke over Internet. If it had any scientific goodie I doubt anyone would have joked about it.

You serious ???

Yes mate, that's a Chevy car. Better resolution pic of the same is available and one could easily see the Chevrolet Symbol in the Hub cap. That's a made in China Sail most probably from the looks. The bicycle is also a Chinese company. It was posted in Reddit some times ago. In some US counties they have norms like car bumper should deform when it hits a pedestrian.

sure i don't have to defend the car. i even can say that how good the chinese bike is or how bad the US car is .but that is not Science.

I thought we were discussing trucks

What about Ashok leyeland's trucks?
They are in excellent commercial trucks market for long time.

Back
Top Bottom