What's new

Tata Motors offers vehicles to replace Tatra trucks

TATA's 12X12 Military-applications truck:

1051438d1360923382-scoop-spotted-tata-all-wheel-drive-truck-1359794767b6378.jpg

1051439d1360923382-scoop-spotted-tata-all-wheel-drive-truck-1359794767a6378.jpg

This thing is HUUUUGGGEE!!

Looks like it could be used as a replacement to the TATRAs for the BHRAMOS launcher at the very least.

Its a no brainer. Support TATA. Support Domestic players.

2013 Motto: For Indians, By Indians -----"FIBI"

TATA's 12X12 Military-applications truck:

1051438d1360923382-scoop-spotted-tata-all-wheel-drive-truck-1359794767b6378.jpg

1051439d1360923382-scoop-spotted-tata-all-wheel-drive-truck-1359794767a6378.jpg

This thing is HUUUUGGGEE!!

Looks like it could be used as a replacement to the TATRAs for the BHRAMOS launcher at the very least.

images

img2402bd.jpg

Prahaar uses this one.

I wonder if these are required for future canistered agnis.

16x16.jpg

topol-m.jpg

Tata does have a proven track record in truck technology, so even if they don't have a particular item in their current production, one can believe them to develop the same maybe with somekind of foreign collabration. More importantly these guys are honest and will not cheat.

Things have taken a turn after acquisition of South Korea-based DAEWOO Automotive Co.'s commercial
vehicle division.

Tata can now make better trucks than TATRA. So can Ashok Leyland.

images

img2402bd.jpg

Prahaar uses this one.

I wonder if these are required for future canistered agnis.

16x16.jpg

topol-m.jpg

A 16x16 is needed for Agnis.

Things have taken a turn after acquisition of South Korea-based DAEWOO Automotive Co.'s commercial
vehicle division.

Tata can now make better trucks than TATRA. So can Ashok Leyland.

There is also a new comer named AMW that wants to get into the game too.

amw-launches-defence-forces-range_560x420.jpg

amw_tow_vehicle_defence_expo_2012.jpg

military-vehicles-at-defence-expo-2012.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
There is also a new comer named AMW that wants to get into the game too.

amw-launches-defence-forces-range_560x420.jpg

amw_tow_vehicle_defence_expo_2012.jpg

military-vehicles-at-defence-expo-2012.jpg

The AMW troop carrier looks pretty decent. Will be interesting to see what replaces the AL STALLION in the coming years- there is ~10,000 (if not more) of these trucks in IA service so any company that gets this order will be set for life!

Last edited by a moderator:
The AMW troop carrier looks pretty decent. Will be interesting to see what replaces the AL STALLION in the coming years- there is ~10,000 (if not more) of these trucks in IA service so any company that gets this order will be set for life!

There are 60000+ Stallions in service, about 6 times more than your estimate!!

There are 60000+ Stallions in service, about 6 times more than your estimate!!

LOL, I knew it was a ridiculously high number- I guess I was a bit out! Thanks anyway mate! Just makes securing a contract to replace the Stallions even more attractive.

true!! but they are gonna be around for atleast 5 years i guess!!!

Sure, to replace soooo many trucks will take close to a decade anyway (~7-8 years I guess) but before that extensive trails and bidding has to take place, I'd expect this to begin in earnest in the next 2-3 years. Also the TATA 3 ton trucks and the older Urals and the like have to go as well so there is a potentially sizable pie up for grabs.

It may not even be 1 manufacturer to replace the AL Stallions. The Stallions are in large numbers (60,000+) because the Stallions are also made (under license) by Vehicle Factory, Jabalpur which is an OFB unit. This unit earlier used to make Shaktiman 3 ton, Nissan Patrol 1 ton and Nissan Jonga jeeps. When these vehicles were phased out, the Veh. Facty. commenced Stallion manufacture rather than close down. Before the Stallions came in to the Army;the IA used TATA 1210SD 4x4 trucks in very large numbers, Then TATA was probably the biggest vendor.

Even now lower echelon units in the Army (non-frontline units) use a mix of DCM Toyota and Eicher trucks and even TATA 407 and 609 trucks. So this kind of combinations will carry on.

Back
Top Bottom