What's new

Tasaweer-i-Pakistan-i-old by Nadeem F. Paracha

Ok cool.. maybe we 3 guys misunderstood? .. we 3 probably had some sort of a short hallucination coincidently at the same time...

Anyways here i would only say 1 thing .. only scared bastards lie... aint i right @Pak-one wouldnt you agree..? haha

Be a man and accept your mistakes..no matter what the outcome....never lie ... thats what good parents teach their kids.
Boy are you on period or what? i didnt think you would need this childish drama togather with your two braty friends , to get rid of me? Get a life brat, lie and bhutan are guna-e-kabeera

Boy are you on period or what? i didnt think you would need this childish drama togather with your two braty friends , to get rid of me? Get a life brat, lie and bhutan are guna-e-kabeera

I have only 1 thing to say.. Jhoothay pey Khuda ka lanat..

O.k enough, post reported
A liar like you should have some remorse in daring to say name of Allah like this. A spineless snake like you is baloch? I dont buy that.
So tell us how you came up with your genius plan to get me banned? Lol , i am surprised the two other idiots also saw it a chance to get rid of "afghani". You people are what, 3 year old?

Report these onese aswell .. coward liar..

@Pak-one

forget about those trollers, keep posting more pics.

Makes me nostalgic looking at bygone days. It makes you think about Pakistan of today.

@Pak-one

forget about those trollers, keep posting more pics.

Makes me nostalgic looking at bygone days. It makes you think about Pakistan of today.
Thank you sir. I lost appetite due to trolls but i have decided to continue from where i was disrupted.

51cc34492e279.jpg

A 1962 tourism poster for Karachi.

51cc415e92000.jpg

Pakistanis and tourists wine and dine at Karachi’s Beach Luxury Hotel in 1969.

51cc418f5e9cb.jpg

Chairman PIA, Nur Khan, hosts a party of the airline’s staff in late 1960s. Under Khan, PIA rose to become one of the top 10 airlines in the world.

51cc46b5b00f1.jpg

Natives of a Sindhi village drench a European tourist with cold water from a well to beat the summer heat (1973).

51cc472e1f2b0.jpg

Young American and European tourists with locals at a restaurant in Ziarat, Balochistan, in 1973.
51cc33eca84f7.jpg

Benazir Bhutto waves to the crowd at her wedding reception in Lyari, Karachi in 1986.

51cc4d08a8c1d.jpg

Pioneers of the new wave of Pakistani pop music, the Vital Signs in 1989.

Last edited:
nawab-akber-bugti-with-quaid-e-azam-in-quetta.jpg

Rare photo of the founder of Pakistan, Muhammad Ali Jinnah, shaking hands with future Baloch nationalist leader, Nawab Akbar Bugti, in Quetta, in 1948.

rockwell_karachi.jpg

A 1955 photograph of famous American painter and illustrator, Norman Rockwell, on a boat with a press photographer (right) and a Sindhi fisherman (left) at Karachi’s famous Kemari area.

mian_tufail_and_mawdudi.jpg

1974: Islamic scholar and founder of the Jamat-i-Islami, Abul Aala Maudidi, holding a press conference during which he explained his party’s support for the government’s move to declare the Ahmadis as non-Muslim.

1976-8a.jpg

A special stamp issued by the government of Pakistan in 1976 to mark the centenary of the 1776 American Revolution.

picture-026.jpg

A group of friends pose outside their class at the Karachi University in 1973.

picture-016.jpg

A group of students hang-out for a smoke and a chat outside the main canteen of the Punjab University in Lahore (1973).

picture-002.jpg

A 1973 photo of men enjoying a sizzling dance performance at a ‘kotha’ in Karachi’s infamous red light district on Napier Road.

picture-001.jpg

A 1973 press ad of Karachi’s Oasis nightclub. Oasis that was situated on what is now Awan-i-Saddar Road (then called Club Road), was one of most popular nightclubs in Karachi, along with Playboy (that was located right beside Oasis), The Excelsior (in Saddar), and The Horseshoe (on Shara-e-Faisal).

Women shown in the ad are belly dancers invited from Beirut and Istanbul.

Oasis closed down when nightclubs and alcohol (for Muslims), were banned in 1977. It was demolished in the 1985 and converted into a ‘wedding garden.’

Photo: Dawn newspaper, February, 1972

picture-020.jpg

A 1974 magazine feature on 1970s’ pop icon, ‘Maulana Hippie.’ His real name was M. Hussain Talpur and he hailed from the Sindh province.

picture-011.jpg

A 1973 photo of fiery poetess and writer, Fahmida Riaz, lighting a cigarette during a poetry recital in Lahore.

pakistan-1974.jpg

American tourists enjoying a ride on a tonga in Rawalpindi in 1975.
[/I]

9623b9b2e9b7416d8e1eb0b832f9dd3c_1m.jpg

Desperado, 1981: This is a rare photograph of notorious Pakistani left-wing radical, Salamulla Tipu, hanging out from the cockpit of a PIA plane that he had hijacked with three other colleagues in 1981.

lahore-fort-stamp-dawn-nfp.jpg

A vibrant 1973 poster prepared and printed by the Pakistan Ministry of Tourism to attract tourism to the city of Lahore.

nawaz-sharif-70s-dawn-nfp.jpg

A 1973 photo of Nawaz Sharif. Sharif came from a business family and according to a biography (published in 2004), he was a music and film enthusiast and a PPP/Bhutto supporter at college (in the late 1960s).

imran-khan-sarfraz-sydney-dawn-nfp.jpg

Pakistan cricket team’s famous pace duo, Imran Khan and Sarfraz Nawaz, at a nightclub in Melbourne in 1981.

sadiq-moh-mushtaq-moh-dawn-nfp.jpg

Former Pakistani Test batsman Sadiq Muhammad (left) and former Pakistan cricket captain, Mushtaq Muhammad, share a beer in Sydney in January, 1977.

dulhan-aik-raat-ki-dawn-nfp.jpg

Poster and still from 1975’s Pakistani film, ‘Dulhan Aik Raat Ki’ (A Bride for One Night).

karachi-bar-bottles-dawn-nfp.jpg

A section of a bar in Karachi seen in 1974.

Before the sale of alcohol beverages was banned (to Muslims) in Pakistan in April, 1977, Karachi had the largest number of bars in the country.

This particular bar (called "Karachi On") was situated at Elphinstone Street, in the Saddar area of Karachi. The area was home to a number of nightclubs.

The picture belongs to Ali Huda Shah, whose maternal uncle was the owner of the bar. It was shut down in April 1977.

Today, though there are no public bars in Pakistan, however, licensed liquor outlets selling local beer, whiskey, gin and rum brands still operate in Karachi and the rest of Sindh.

The makers of these local brands are some of the leading tax-paying companies in the country.

pow-stamp-dawn-nfp.jpg

A special stamp released by government of Pakistan in 1973, to plead the return of the 90,000 Pakistani prisoners of war captured by the Indian forces during the 1971 war.
assignment-karachi-novel-dawn-nfp.jpg

A copy of famous spy novelist, Edward S. Arron’s 1962 book ‘Assignment Karachi.’

The book was one of the many he wrote that involved the adventures of CIA agent Sam Durell in various cities across the world.

This novel, which narrated the tale of Durell working with Pakistani authorities to capture Soviet-backed henchmen, became an instant best-seller in Pakistan.

However, in a quirky twist, some copies of this novel were set on fire by pro-Soviet leftist students during a demonstration (at the Karachi University) against Ayub Khan’s education policy in 1962.

pia-ad-inflight-ent-dawn-nfp.jpg

A 1964 PIA press ad featuring famous Hollywood comedian and actor Bob Hope.
PIA was one of the first airlines in the world to introduce in-flight entertainment. It regularly featured in all the prestigious top-10-airline lists for over 20 years, before dropping out in the mid-1980s.
ava-gardner-stewart-granger-lahore-dawn-nfp.jpg

Famous Hollywood stars Ava Gardner and Stewart Granger arrive at Lahore Airport, 1954. The actors arrived in Lahore with a full filming crew to shoot a major portion of the film ‘Bhowani Junction.’

also-pakistan-12.jpg

The charismatic Jacqueline Kennedy, wife of the popular US President, J. F. Kennedy, visited Pakistan in 1962. Here she is seen riding in an open-top limo with the then ruler of Pakistan, Ayub Khan, in the Saddar area of Karachi

also-pakistan-4-22.jpg

A young 8-year-old Shahrukh Khan (current Bollywood star) visited Pakistan with his family (as a tourist) in 1973. Here he is seen during his family’s visit to Swat. –Picture courtesy Luqman Ghauri.

also-pakistan-18.jpg

The December 1971 cover of Time magazine. The main story detailed the breaking away of former East Pakistan (after a bloody civil war with the West Pakistan army) . The picture is that of a Bengali militant celebrating the defeat of the West Pakistan military.

With birth of Bangladesh our mission was completed, now hindus are thinking why the **** they liberated Bengalis. Excelent job by ISI!

Back
Top Bottom