What's new

Taliban offer prisoner swap, threaten to kill troops

I am Son of a soldier who has honor of shooting down first two enemy helicopters in Siachen when enemy infiltrated the region

so lay off

we cannot afford to get black mailed from enemy. if today we do what they want tommorow they will blackmail us again.

PS. If my Father would have been amongst the prisoners ....i would have said the same
But this is not the time to ignore a negotiation with terrorists with regards to the lives of your soldiers. A soldier is born after years of training, determination and dedication of few chosen men. 33 lives are extremely precious especially of soldiers. You are noble to consider this as a sacrifice for your motherland even if your father was there with them but the life of a soldier is not worth these Taliban. The taliban are known for executing their captives in the most horrendous manners. Slow be-headings with blunt knives, live castration, brutal amputations, you name it. Certainly your soldiers don't deserve such a death.

The best thing IMO would be to get the surviving ones back and for now exchange. But then again, you should not arrest these terrorists in first place and should immediately execute them so that there's no scope of any such situations in future. Negotiations happen in West with terrorists as well but since your country is so terror-prone at the moment, this leaves no option for your authorities but to immediately execute any terrorist they capture.

All the best to those soldiers and may they return safely.

I would much rather die with a bullet in my chest instead of getting captured by taliban and then beheaded.

One thing i cannot understand is how the Taliban captured the soilders.Did the soilders capitulate??

when 10 thugs surround you with AK-47 ..what will you do..?

He has a point, you know. A military base isn't supposed to be captured by a militant group---as in, it is made in such a way that it is not overpowered by any terrorist or a threat to the military base. Whether it is weapons or personnel, the whole point of a base is to be an outpost in regions assigned to them out of suspected possible mishaps that can happen and for that the military should be there to avoid them.

Technically, a base whether in times of war or peace should have enough weapons and personnel to hold off the offending party until backup arrives. Now I have no idea how callous a government could get about its soldiers (especially in an unsafe condition like Pakistan's where militants bomb innocent people on a weekly/monthly basis) than this situation here where the base was under-manned, under-equipped and continued to operate like a civilian office.

The other possibility is rather alarming (if it has happened) that there were so many Taliban (in hundreds) that armed heavy machine guns, multi-barrel heavy Gatling guns, thousands of bullets fired from the base soldiers were not enough to stop this huge wave attack.

Whatever people say here it's inevitable that the PA will do a deal to get the soldiers back as valuable time, effort, money and training has been given to these guys. not to mention the pressure from family members now knowing their member has been captured and that the army had a chance for them to be spared.

I imagine low-level figures will be released that have now turned into informants for PA in time leading them to the captors and feeding back rich intelligence to their handlers. Some figures like Muslim Khan who have no real military knowledge should be thrown in too as we could probably pick him back up really quick.

This strategically seems the most sensible option.

Other suggestions such as ambush them when the prisoner swap occurs are far-fetched and are out of a Hollywood movie.

One thing i cannot understand is how the Taliban captured the soilders.Did the soilders capitulate??

US Bases in Afghanistan have been over-ran where US forces along with ANA have gone running for the hills after an ambush. Not even bombing runs were able to repulse the Taliban.

So why are you so surprised?

US Bases in Afghanistan have been over-ran where US forces along with ANA have gone running for the hills after an ambush. Not even bombing runs were able to repulse the Taliban.

So why are you so surprised?

:tup:The problem lies in not knowing the facts on the ground. Theorycrafting is one thing, reality is quite another.

I think Pakistani Army should bait Taliban into prisoner swap and have few cobras waiting few miles away. After swaping prisoners, let the cobra's rain hell on Taliban. This is just an Idea of mine.

More better idea is to implant beckons in the terrorists given to Talibans.
Track them and Eff thm so hard that they these scumbags dont dare to attack again.

To All the Sons of this Motherland ,those who have given their worldly life for this Motherland .Rest in Peace .

Long Live :pakistan:

2 of them had explosives strapped to their bodies and exploded inside the tunnel, effects of the explosion could be seen for months by people using that tunnel, and i believe their eyes were taken out before they were detonated, similarly, few days later the rest of the soldiers were found dead in an empty container, all being killed mercilessly with eyes taken out, slaughtered some, some even had their heads missing. This is not just one example, we have many many more.

When you have a choice of die fighting or be tortured blinded and die any way hope the bastards can shoot straight and try and take as many as you can with you.

their is very long list of taliban allies fundos here, not blame just NGOs

Our most problem is that we intentionally avoid to blame the "Holy cows" .

Justice in Pakistan is really blind to see the terrorist.

there are Pakistani forums that hate Pak Army with passion have stickies justifying raping & killing shias, mocking ahmedi attacks and glorifying the Burka Mullahs of lal Mosque. I am talking about friends korner the forum I left a year ago in disgust

that website is full of TTP praisers mainly under ther banner of mran Khan's PTI

we have the same situation in right wing media
enough said

There are plenty more anti Pakistan Army site which usually contain ring wing bigots and some lefties idiots but in reality Pakistan Army is loved by many in Pakistan and that would easily outnumber the haters.

More better idea is to implant beckons in the terrorists given to Talibans.
Track them and Eff thm so hard that they these scumbags dont dare to attack again.

To All the Sons of this Motherland ,those who have given their worldly life for this Motherland .Rest in Peace .

Long Live :pakistan:

sounds like a good idea but you might want to read or watch the video of that Geo News capital talk guy called Hamid Mir when he went to interview Bin Laden

how he was given hot baths again and again, "anal"ized (prostate exam), strip searched and even given diarrhia inducing tablets to flush out any possible tracking bugs

these people are not just a bunch of wild eyed spit sprouting maniacs as the Fox news portrays them to be but they are very cold , calculating and evil geniouses who have managed to survive the full force of Western & eastern states for the past 10 years or more.

☪☪☪☪;947851 said:
I would much rather die with a bullet in my chest instead of getting captured by taliban and then beheaded.

I know, I always extract one round from my SMG and place it in my pocket whenever we go out, but it's not for me(religious beliefs), should I be surrounded one day, alone and out of ammo, I would put that 1 cartridge into my SMG and bayonet charge towards the enemy, shoot one and point my rifle towards another, logic dictates that he will shoot me before I get to him.

Back
Top Bottom