What's new

Taking down America

Living in denial ? lol it is ok to live in denial of things which are not going to happen...america is and will remain a very potent force for a very long time. unless some people want something to j@ck off to, you can think about america collapsing, or raising flag on Red Fort and such fictitious things.

it has severe consequences on the world that we live today

Of course, it will have consequences, if it happens. but so will alien metal eating bacteria that will chew everything man made...

Only things which are likely to happen are worth discussing. the world has enough real problems to invent phantom ones. the thing posted seemed more out of a dystopian novel. post it in the members forum...

Not going to happen buddy.

A rather long but a good read. For a while there I thought I was reading science fiction. Thanks AB.

I agree although the demise is in site we all can but speculate and its difficult to accurately predict what will come next so any variables

People thought America was going to meet its demised after the Revolutionary War because it was weak. People thought it was gone when the Great Depression came, people thought it would break up because of the Vietnam War. Keep speculating and it keeps coming back to prove wrong.:usflag:

People thought America was going to meet its demised after the Revolutionary War because it was weak. People thought it was gone when the Great Depression came, people thought it would break up because of the Vietnam War. Keep speculating and it keeps coming back to prove wrong.:usflag:

I didn't on any one of those occasions. I think most people didn't then. As the article states "Significantly, in 2008, the US National Intelligence Council admitted for the first time that America's global power was indeed on a declining trajectory."

I didn't on any one of those occasions. I think most people didn't then. As the article states "Significantly, in 2008, the US National Intelligence Council admitted for the first time that America's global power was indeed on a declining trajectory."

You won't see America go down in your lifetime. China and India's rise is very slowly compared to the rise of the West during the industrial revolution. So no one's surpassing the West anytime soon. However, if China can somehow get creative with technology, things might turn around. ;)

Though I disagree with the 'pace' of the scenario, i do not disagree with the trend. The U.S. is losing power , it is losing invincibility , it is losing invulnerability. It is not going 'down', any time soon. There will be no failure of govt, come on. If countries like our western neighbor can 'exist' in desperate conditions, there is no reason why economic power shift should come as an existential threat to the states.

You won't see America go down in your lifetime. China and India's rise is very slowly compared to the rise of the West during the industrial revolution. So no one's surpassing the West anytime soon. However, if China can somehow get creative with technology, things might turn around. ;)

wrong. The development of the West during the industrial revolution was painfully slow - only 5% economic growth per year. However, it was far superior to the 1-2% growth of non-industrialized powers.

wrong. The development of the West during the industrial revolution was painfully slow - only 5% economic growth per year. However, it was far superior to the 1-2% growth of non-industrialized powers.
If it was superior to some then it is not 'slow'.

Let me put it this way: In traffic movement, there is no 'slow' or 'fast' traffic but only some traffic that is 'slower' or 'faster' than another. So what you said is actually meaningless because WHEN there was the Industrial Revolution going on, a 5% growth rate would have no other higher bar to be measured against. But for the slower economies, they can say with relative ease that their growth rate is slower than the others.

I was under the impression that their growth rate during industrial revolution was much higher. But I guess you're right. So China and India are finally unleashing their potential.:tup: Gotta make sure the growth rate is sustainable though.

---------- Post added at 12:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 AM ----------

If it was superior to some then it is not 'slow'.

Let me put it this way: In traffic movement, there is no 'slow' or 'fast' traffic but only some traffic that is 'slower' or 'faster' than another. So what you said is actually meaningless because WHEN there was the Industrial Revolution going on, a 5% growth rate would have no other higher bar to be measured against. But for the slower economies, they can say with relative ease that their growth rate is slower than the others.

Basically it's all relative. But I think he's comparing that 5% growth to China's double digit growth rate today.

I love how people spam these opinion pieces all over the forum and then take it as fact because it's a journalist saying it.

People need to learn the difference between fact and opinion

looks like you are ashamed of providing the link ?
or is it some age old article ?

Basically it's all relative. But I think he's comparing that 5% growth to China's double digit growth rate today.
It is an intellectually dishonest comparison, still.

When the Industrial Revolution was going on, the societies that undergoes that transformation had no assistance of any kind. A manufacturing based economy was still unknown. The sciences and engineering principles were still largely unexplored. The list goes on. The China of today have no such handicaps. So if we use the average US growth rate over the years, which is about 4-5%, then China's 9% can be argued under his own criteria as 'painfully slow'.

America is not the same America as it once were. Its a country filled with crack addicts, Mexicans, Blacks, white trash who are mostly semi literate, no skills and definitely don't know how to spend their money.

Within another generation we will see major race riots when as the jobless rates skyrocket. A country without skills, manufacturing or money to spend will turn into a sh1t hole within 2 generations. Watch the white flight but this time it won't just be from major cities but from the country and you can be sure the Asians will be out of there fast as lightning too. Likely to bring their skills money and experience back to motherlands.

All Americans care about these days is living paycheck by paycheck and then maxing out as many credit cards as they can buying drugs, alcohol, brand name dresses, fancy cars that they can never pay for. Look at America in the late 20th century, the rest of the world respected America because they were hard working people who knew how to invest their money and look after their country. Americans these days care more about dressing up slutty like Lady gaga and doing the next black guy and 'experimenting' and learning useless degrees rather then improving their country. Downfall of America is not pretty to watch but has to happen when people only care about me me me me me

Back
Top Bottom