What's new

Tajik Army officer stuns Indian delegation with flawless Hindi

This is a misconception. Sanskrit is the oldest language while Tamil is the oldest breakaway language from Sanskrit.

You're confused. Tamil is separate from the Indo-European lanauges, period. There is a reason why Tamil n others are included in the 'Dravidian' family, not the Indo-European like Sanskrit.

Only thing Southern and Northern languages have in common other than some borrowed words, are their script. Which all have the same ancestry.

asoka1.gif

Brahmi Script, which was created in Ashoka era is the grandfather of all Indian, some SE Asian, Tibetian, etc script.

Examples of the offsprings today

44912283274941012.gif

tamil.gif

stock-photo-hindi-script-2191704.jpg

BurmeseNew.png

Many more.

Take it......n go....

Experts here debating/fighting on which language is older...that too in a Pakistani forum??!! :blink:

Heck...when the Pakistani members used to call Indians as trollers, i used to think it was just a rhetoric..but now I guess I'm wrong!

for you it may be troll .. the discussion is useful for me as it is helping me to know what fellow indians think about languages, cultures of other Indians...
useful thread and topic :tup:

fora plural; forums plural
A place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged
But if you want to debate, then create a saperate thread on which language is greater and name it what ever $hit you want. And btw... troller = singular, trollers= plural.

The fact of the matter is that the Indian defence minister doesnt know hindi at all... not even few words... he just knows malayalam, and speaks a language which closely resembles English!!!!:tongue:
Most of the Urban Malyalis know Hindi and many atleast understands it. He may be knowing Hindi 99%. But, may not be fluent. He is a Advocate graduated from Ernakulam Law College IINM. Only thing He has is, Malyalam accent is overshadowing His English :lol:

Correction...fora= singular. forums=plural
But if you want to debate, then create a saperate thread on which language is greater and name it what ever $hit you want. And btw... troller = singular, trollers= plural.

if you don't like it brother then just read another thread....this thread is about language and people are bound to discuss about it....

PS:fora is plural latin word.

if you don't like it brother then just read another thread....this thread is about language and people are bound to discuss about it....
Ok baba...I'm sorry. Fighting among the Indians on a Pakistani forum is the last thing i want on this site. That's why i got emotional. Again I'm sorry.

as far as I know hindi speakers are largest than any other language speakersb in India i.e 47%.
Also hindi is 3rd most widely used language in the world.

it is sad still India dose not have any national language.

The claim is based on this paper by Rick Briggs, published in AI Magazine. It talks about using Sanskrit in natural language processing (NLP). The idea of using a natural language for computer programming is to make it easier for people to talk to computers in their native tongue and spare them the pain of learning a computer friendly language like assembly/C/Java.

The Rick Briggs' paper makes a case that natural languages are not that difficult to use for computer programming. He cites Sanskrit as an example as its grammar can be easily translated to a form understandable by a computer. But nowhere does it say that using Sanskrit is the best way to program a computer. Say if somebody manages to create a computer language based on Sanskrit, how likely is it that it will get adopted by non-Sanskrit speaking people?

There is a lot of difference between Sanskrit being suitable for NLP and it being the best or perfect language for computer programming. For Sanskrit to be truly a best language for computer programming, a majority of computer users should be fluent enough in it. Otherwise it is much easier for them to learn a computer friendly language than to learn Sanskrit and then use it for programming a computer. By that logic, I fail to see how it is the best language for programming a computer when the number of people who are fluent in C outnumber the number of people who are fluent in Sanskrit.

But that did not stop some Indians from expanding their chests with pride based on a false premise. They are so lacking in knowledge of history of India, that even when there are other real reasons to proud of Sanskrit (for example, its influence on modern linguistics or its similarity with Backus-Naur form), they ignore them and spout second hand nonsense to inflate their egos.

Perhaps the people who originate these kinds of falsehoods expect everyone all over the world to recognize the technical merits of Sanskrit and throw away their native tongues and instead adopt Sanskrit. If that really is the case, their hypocrisy is mind boggling. These are same people who are likely to make a stink about "western" elements destroying traditional Indian elements. Yet they would like other cultures to throw away their cultural artifacts just because a researcher published a paper saying that Sanskrit is a good language to use in NLP.

couple of google search will sovle ur problem

quite an interesting thought..shall be searching more about it..

as far as I know hindi speakers are largest than any other language speakersb in India i.e 47%.
Also hindi is 3rd most widely used language in the world.

it is sad still India dose not have any national language.

Actually wat u want? do think u placing a bait smartly for troll. u failed man sorry better luck next time.

Ok baba...I'm sorry. Fighting among the Indians on a Pakistani forum is the last thing i want on this site. That's why i got emotional. Again I'm sorry.

we are not fighting brother :P
we are sharing :P
and sharing is caring :D

---------- Post added at 11:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 PM ----------

How about english as national language?

we are not fighting brother :P
we are sharing :P
and sharing is caring :D

---------- Post added at 11:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 PM ----------

How about english as national language?

English??? u want to lose our identity . Mother tongue is like our eye but English is like spectacle/coolers it can used only if needed. we can live without coolers/specs but impossible without eye. just kidding

English??? u want to lose our identity . Mother tongue is like our eye but English like spectacle/coolers it can used only if needed. we can live without coolers/specs but not without eye. just kidding

I mean we can never reach to agreement on any one language....so it is better to not have national language(which is working perfectly fine) or have a language which no one in India can claim to be their own and yet they learn it...

Back
Top Bottom