What's new

Taj Mahal ranked third among top global landmarks

Buddhism, Sikhism and Jainism are heavily influenced by Hinduism. All the four religions have assimilated in India and have become a part of what i called 'united religions of India' (we can include Indian Christians too to the list). Its not surprising to see people from these religions celebrating each other's festival or worshiping each other's deity as their own. This is very much similar to integration of Hinduism and Christianity in Mauritius where major religion is Hinduism followed by Christianity.

that only reflect Hinduism pales to Buddhism when the latter is the dominant religion in Cambodia

backing down your arguments!
then how much of indian's influence in Cambodia?

I said the influence is insignificant! Not Shaolin Temple here because it is not the subject

Your main motive is to disregard Indian cultural influence across Asia including your own country.

that only reflect Hinduism pales to Buddhism when the latter is the dominant religion in Cambodia

And what spread with Buddhism in South East Asia? It was more Indian architecture, Indian script, Indian iconography, etc. Just like Hinduism before it.

Your main motive is to disregard Indian cultural influence across Asia including your own country.

I am just focusing on my argument that Hinduism's influence on Cambodia is minimal
Nothing more or less to my statement
dont divert the subject for something off topic

And what spread with Buddhism in South East Asia? It was more Indian architecture, Indian script, Indian iconography, etc. Just like Hinduism before it.

Buddhism departs from whatever its former linkage and becomes a major religion of its own in many countries of SE and NE Asia

Taj is nothing but colossal waste of India's resource which if had been spend in promoting a culture of science and technology and betterment of life of ordinary citizen would have ensured India would still now be ahead of world as it was during anicent times.

Buddhism departs from whatever its former linkage and becomes a major religion of its own in many countries of SE and NE Asia

True

But also please look what spread with Buddhism into S.E. Asia. It was more Indic styles.

relief.jpg

tigawajah.jpg

DSCN7382.JPG

2145643-Borbudur_carvings_Borobudur.jpg

Even more Indic names, stories, etc, etc, etc. entered S.E. Asia.

Buddhism entering S.E. Asia is basically Indic culture entering S.E. Asia part 2. Part 1 being Hinduism before it.

True

But also please look what spread with Buddhism into S.E. Asia. It was more Indic styles.

Even more Indic names, stories, etc, etc, etc. entered S.E. Asia.

Buddhism entering S.E. Asia is basically Indic culture entering S.E. Asia part 2. Part 1 being Hinduism before it.

now you are changing your focus from hinduism to indic

it is just like we have the same ancesters if you trace back to tens of thousands years ago at the dawn of the birth of human beings

now you are changing your focus from hinduism to indic

it is just like we have the same ancesters if you trace back to tens of thousands years ago at the dawn of the birth of human beings

Indic is a better term than Hinduism alone. Jainism, Buddhism(and it's different sects), Hinduism(and it's millions of sects), etc have influenced India and each other. They fought each other, came together, etc.

But one fact is -- where ever they move, they carry Indian civilization.

You dont understand how important Buddhism was to India. Please look at most of the ancient Indian art made by the people, it's mostly Buddhist art.

I am just focusing on my argument that Hinduism's influence on Cambodia is minimal
Nothing more or less to my statement
dont divert the subject for something off topic

Then why they put the Hindu temple of Angkor Wat on Cambodia's national flag. CD will tell you Hinduism's influence in Buddhism, even the Chinese Buddhism.

Indic is a better term than Hinduism alone. Jainism, Buddhism(and it's different sects), Hinduism(and it's millions of sects), etc have influenced India and each other. They fought each, came together, etc.

But one fact is -- where ever they move, they carry Indian civilization.

Buddhism is as independent as USA or Ireland from UK, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka from your country etc etc

Then why they put the Hindu temple of Angkor Wat on Cambodia's national flag. CD will tell you Hinduism's influence in Buddhism, even the Chinese Buddhism.

not the point of argument

this has made the case of Hindusim's influence on Cambodians more futile despite all the claim of of emblem on flag temple etc hinduism's presence in Cambodian religious population is so minimal

Buddhism is as independent as USA or Ireland from UK, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka from your country etc etc

I dont know wtf you're talking about. Jainism, Buddhism are both important to India. Where ever they went, they carried Indian civilization with them. Through dance, story, script, etc. This is reality.

I did not refute the structure I said the influence is negligible as a whole on Cambodia

if you talk about whole of Cambodia then yes Hinduism once a major religion there is now hardly existent with minimal influence although Cambodia has been heavily influenced by another Indian religion

I dont know wtf you're talking about. Jainism, Buddhism are both important to India. Where ever they went, they carried Indian civilization with them. Through dance, story, script, etc. This is reality.

Buddhism is not a significant religion in your country

I close my case here believing I have made my point clearly in the above
Persistence and repeating your claim do not help you advance to anywhere

not the point of argument

this has made the case of Hindusim's influence on Cambodians more futile despite all the claim of of emblem on flag temple etc hinduism's presence in Cambodian religious population is so minimal

How do you know that. :cheesy:

Sir Jee the Mokasha aka Nirvana and life after death, two of the most basic princple of Buddhism come from Hinduisim. Buddha when it comes to Buddhism did not reinvent the wheel and so there is no denying to the fact Buddhism owes its origin to Hinduisim .
Though i must admit i agree with yr point that there is hardly anything common b\w Hindu India and Sunni Pakistan.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom