What's new

T-90 Hits Building, Kills Indian Soldier in Chennai

RPK

Reaction score
Country
India
T-90 Hits Building, Kills Indian Soldier in Chennai : Defense news

An Indian soldier was killed and two others were injured while parking a T-90 main battle tank in the parking bay inside DRDO's Combat Vehicles Research and Development Establishment campus near Avadi in Chennai, India.

The routine exercise went awry after soldiers lost control of the tank which hit a building. Sepoy Harish died after succumbing to his head injuries while two other soldiers identified as Senthil Kumar and Prem Chand were wounded.

“Medical aid was provided immediately, that was our first priority. It is still too early to say what went wrong during the exercise,” said Ravi Kumar Gupta, Scientist G & Director, Directorate of Public Interface of the DRDO while speaking to defenseworld.net.

A Court of Enquiry is already looking into the incident, Director Gupta confirmed and refused to comment on how the Russian made tank lost control.

Look at these clowns, kidding in a thread where everybody mourns the death of Indian soldier.
:angry:

dude, I haven't made fun of the death, I just reply to the guy that make fun of Chinese product..by calling it sub-standard.

Look at these clowns, kidding in a thread where everybody mourns the death of Indian soldier.
:angry:

Why would I mourn an Indian soldier?

Dude, you shouldn't be that blinded by your hate that you fail to recognize that a human being has lost its life. I know in today's world, where humans die by the hundreds compassion is hard to come by but come on, the least you can do is not comment. is it that hard? Imagine how you would feel if a Chinese soldier died and all the Indians on this board were making fun of that.

ontopic: loss of life is always a sad affair.rip

Dude, you shouldn't be that blinded by your hate that you fail to recognize that a human being has lost its life. I know in today's world, where humans die by the hundreds compassion is hard to come by but come on, the least you can do is not comment. is it that hard? Imagine how you would feel if a Chinese soldier died and all the Indians on this board were making fun of that.

Well, let's see. 20 people were killed in Xinjiang during a terrorist attack, and 7 of them are Chinese soldiers. Indians jumped all over us and not a single thread of compassion. They made fun of China for how many pages of trolling?

Sorry dude, yes I feel compassion for human beings, but I am not sure this case applies.

---------- Post added at 06:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 AM ----------

:rofl::rofl::rofl: man Indians need some serious training

Who needs training when they can just blame China? Read the above posts.

Well, let's see. 20 people were killed in Xinjiang during a terrorist attack, and 7 of them are Chinese soldiers. Indians jumped all over us and not a single thread of compassion. They made fun of China for how many pages of trolling?

Sorry dude, yes I feel compassion for human beings, but I am not sure this case applies.

---------- Post added at 06:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 AM ----------

Who needs training when they can just blame China? Read the above posts.

Brother, if a dog bites you and you in turn bite a dog, whats the difference between you and a dog? Our morals are what set us apart from the rest of the species in the Animal kingdom. You could've shown you superior quality here had you refrained from making inappropriate comments.

One dead in T-90 battle tank accident in Chennai

In a freak accident, a soldier perched over a T-90 battle tank was killed when its driver lost control and dashed against a concrete structure here Friday.

A concrete slab fell on the tank following the mishap, killing the soldier and injuring another at the Combat Vehicles Research and Development Establishment (CVRDE).

“It is an unfortunate accident. The tank was taken out for testing. The driver was inside the tank and two others were sitting outside,” a senior official told IANS.

“The driver lost control and dashed against a concrete column. A concrete slab fell on the tank killing one person and injuring the other,” he said.

The dead man was identified as Harish. Another source told IANS: “The tanks are parked inside a garage. The vehicle was taken out for a test run when the accident happened. ”It seems one of the steering sticks of the tank got stuck and the driver lost control of the vehicle.”

The injured soldier has been admitted in a military hospital. T-90 is a Russian battle tank. India also manufacturers modified T-90 tanks at the Heavy Vehicles Factory here. These are called Bhishma

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom