What's new

'Super Sukhoi' Purchase Likely During Putin's India Visit

Am looking foreward to seeing the new upgraded cockpit for the SUPER MKI, I am told it shouldn't be too different from the Su-35's:

Su35_cockpit-2.jpg

That is just awesoME. :smitten:

Sanch had posted this before, it is said to be the cockpit (early mock-up atleast) of the SUPER MKI's:

141563_63478164_su35spitcabina.jpg

MFDs seem to be larger (and touch controlled) than on SU-35 and there is an additional touch-screen dispay on the right by the pilot's hand.

First delivery of Super Sukoi in 2014/15. So it's gona be 2018 for all MKI to become SS.

The Upgrade's meant for Sukhoi 30 in IAF , turning it into a Multirole Air Dominance Next generation Fighter

1.Sukhoi's will be Integrated with BrahMos Cruise Missile , Nirbhay Cruise Missile will be Integrated further as well - Only Limited Sukhoi's will be integrated with this Cruise Missile's.The Long range Cruise Missile is Planned as well.

2.Zhuk-AESA Radar - Radar planned for “Super Sukhoi 30 “will be Russian Phazotron Zhuk-AE Active Electronically Scanned Array AESA radars. The X-band radar can track 30 aerial targets in the track-while-scan mode and engage six targets simultaneously in attack mode. An alternative AESA is available for the Super 30 in the form of Tikhomirov’s NIIP. Which was an experimental AESA revealed at MAKS 2009.

3.A New Cockpit with Advanced Avionics

4.Integration of "Astra" BVRAAM

5.Brand New Multi-Function Displays AND head-up display to be provided by SAMTEL,India

6.Novator K-100 "The AWACS -Killer Missile" to be Armed on Sukhoi's

7.Electronic Warfare suit

8.To reduce Radar cross section[RCS] of the Sukhoi 30 , Airframe will get several structural changes to the airframe to reduce its radar signature , airframe will also get special radar absorbing paint coat to further reduce its RCS.

TopGun - Blog On Indian Defence: Upgrading the Sukhoi into "Super Sukhoi"

Can someone tell about RCS of Super Sukhois. ?

Check for Su 35BM RCS speculations and add a bit because of the canards and twin seat design, I guess that's the only way to figure it out

Sanch had posted this before, it is said to be the cockpit (early mock-up atleast) of the SUPER MKI's:

141563_63478164_su35spitcabina.jpg

MFDs seem to be larger (and touch controlled) than on SU-35 and there is an additional touch-screen dispay on the right by the pilot's hand.

Was about to post that too:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian...r-force-news-discussions-118.html#post3028204

Check for Su 35BM RCS speculations and add a bit because of the canards and twin seat design, I guess that's the only way to figure it out

Was about to post that too:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian...r-force-news-discussions-118.html#post3028204

Beat you to it lol!! This cockpit sure is cool looking though-one of the best I have seen on any fighter and especially like the addtion of the touch-screen on the right by the pilot's hand!

India (with assitence from France and Israel) and Russia sure do make some fine looking MFDs!

I especially like the MiG-29K:

mig-29k-simulator1.jpg

Wonder what the PAK-FA/FGFA cockpit will look like?

We have been purchasing Sukhoi for past 15 years.....after 10 years we should start retiring process...otherwise it will have same fate like Mig-21.

The Upgrade's meant for Sukhoi 30 in IAF , turning it into a Multirole Air Dominance Next generation Fighter

1.Sukhoi's will be Integrated with BrahMos Cruise Missile , Nirbhay Cruise Missile will be Integrated further as well - Only Limited Sukhoi's will be integrated with this Cruise Missile's.The Long range Cruise Missile is Planned as well.

2.Zhuk-AESA Radar - Radar planned for “Super Sukhoi 30 “will be Russian Phazotron Zhuk-AE Active Electronically Scanned Array AESA radars. The X-band radar can track 30 aerial targets in the track-while-scan mode and engage six targets simultaneously in attack mode. An alternative AESA is available for the Super 30 in the form of Tikhomirov’s NIIP. Which was an experimental AESA revealed at MAKS 2009.

3.A New Cockpit with Advanced Avionics

4.Integration of "Astra" BVRAAM

5.Brand New Multi-Function Displays AND head-up display to be provided by SAMTEL,India

6.Novator K-100 "The AWACS -Killer Missile" to be Armed on Sukhoi's

7.Electronic Warfare suit

8.To reduce Radar cross section[RCS] of the Sukhoi 30 , Airframe will get several structural changes to the airframe to reduce its radar signature , airframe will also get special radar absorbing paint coat to further reduce its RCS.

TopGun - Blog On Indian Defence: Upgrading the Sukhoi into "Super Sukhoi"

You missed many things here buddy.
1-A helmet mounted display, Topsight-I, based on technology from Thales and developed by SHDS will be integrated on the Su-30MKI in the upgrade.
2-These aircraft will be optimised and hardwired for nuclear weapons delivery(as you rightly said about Bramhos & Nirbhay).
3-42 Su-30MKI fighters will be upgraded with Russian Phazotron Zhuk-AE Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) radars in this stage but later all.
4-India has made a request for information to MBDA about integrating the Brimstone ground attack missile and the long-range Meteor air-to-air missile on their Su-30s.
5-Phase 3 of further development of the MKI, will integrate avionic systems being developed for the Indo-Russian Fifth Generation Fighter Aircraft program.

I know most of us seen this video before but I just love the music on it!

Last edited by a moderator:
We have been purchasing Sukhoi for past 15 years.....after 10 years we should start retiring process...otherwise it will have same fate like Mig-21.

That includes the Su 30Ks, which were replaced later, the oldest MKI afaik was inducted in 2002, so only 10 years old and that's why the uprgades including lifetime extentions are planned for around 2015. IAF plans with a life cycle of 30 to 40 years, Mig 21s sadly are older.

Back
Top Bottom