What's new

Sukhoi PAK-FA / FGFA: Updates,News & Discussions

dont think so..t-50 is designed to evade certain frequency of radars.if u look at the second link u'll find all the experimental observations including frequencies and angles.i dont say that its 100% accurate but there must be some credibility..and the good news is they analized just 1st prototype so the actual t-50 would be much better.and fgfa would be further more..it estimated rcs to be -30dbsm i.e about 0.001m2
.001m2 must be RCS in frontal aspect,though its avg RCS must be around .3-.4m2. @any member:
can anyone calculate avg. dB from this graph.
Sukhoi-T-50-PAK-FA.mdb-08.00GHz-Rs0377-IncPol-TM-Pol-Theta-E.png

Last edited by a moderator:
@sancho:
what's the meaning of that bolded part or it's just baised kopp's assessment.

I think he meant the lack of IRST in the F22 in comparision with the T50, but his articles have to be taken with cautious too.

dont think so..t-50 is designed to evade certain frequency of radars.if u look at the second link u'll find all the experimental observations including frequencies and angles.i dont say that its 100% accurate but there must be some credibility..and the good news is they analized just 1st prototype so the actual t-50 would be much better.and fgfa would be further more..it estimated rcs to be -30dbsm i.e about 0.001m2

The RCS comparisions are mainly based on speculations at the moment, especially since you hardly can tell more about the T50, than about it's shappings. There are no coatings added yet and since it's only a prototype now, the final serial production version might have futher changes as well (new engines with different coverings and nozzles, shaped IRST, radar blockers or air ducts...). Still way too early to get to final conclusions on this regard, since we only see basic flight and tech testing now.

I think he meant the lack of IRST in the F22 in comparision with the T50, but his articles have to be taken with cautious too.

The RCS comparisions are mainly based on speculations at the moment, especially since you hardly can tell more about the T50, than about it's shappings. There are no coatings added yet and since it's only a prototype now, the final serial production version might have futher changes as well (new engines with different coverings and nozzles, shaped IRST, radar blockers or air ducts...). Still way too early to get to final conclusions on this regard, since we only see basic flight and tech testing now.

yes thats what i meant by my above post. i provided the link just for a rough estimation.this is the first time im studying regarding a 5th gen aircraft.and the link was quite helpful.i would appreciate if u can provide any other links.

yes thats what i meant by my above post. i provided the link just for a rough estimation.this is the first time im studying regarding a 5th gen aircraft.and the link was quite helpful.i would appreciate if u can provide any other links.

True, his articles have certain interesting infos and gives us a better understanding of some things.

I would highly suggest Antibody's threads about stealth or combat aircraft designs:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/air-wa...ls-stealth-design-concepts-rcs-reduction.html

http://www.defence.pk/forums/air-warfare/75408-combat-aircraft-projects-designs-index-2nd-post.html

I generally suggest to take a look at any of his info threads, since they are well sourced and informative. Also don't forget to thank him for all the research work he does!

True, his articles have certain interesting infos and gives us a better understanding of some things.

I would highly suggest Antibody's threads about stealth or combat aircraft designs:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/air-wa...ls-stealth-design-concepts-rcs-reduction.html

http://www.defence.pk/forums/air-warfare/75408-combat-aircraft-projects-designs-index-2nd-post.html

I generally suggest to take a look at any of his info threads, since they are well sourced and informative. Also don't forget to thank him for all the research work he does!

is f-35 capable of thrust vectoring with just one nozzle?also are there any advantages/disadvantages to it compared to t-50 as it is a heavy fighter compared to f-35

@sancho

LGB will be mounted on internal bay or in wing tip? LGB are heavier compare to Air to Air missile.

@sancho : Any chance that in future SFC will operate FGFA ??

A modified version with the 2 weapon bays combined into one to launch long range nuclear armed cruise missiles.

Something like this ....

@sancho

LGB will be mounted on internal bay or in wing tip? LGB are heavier compare to Air to Air missile.

LGBs can't be carried at wingtip stations (which the T50 don't have anyway), but it is possible at the external stations they might have tested here. However, a stealth fighter is aimed to carry weapons internally whenever it can.

@sancho : Any chance that in future SFC will operate FGFA ??

A modified version with the 2 weapon bays combined into two launch long range nuclear armed cruise missiles.

I'm not even sure if SFC operates any fighters at all, but FGFA and even more likely AURA will take over these roles. The weapon however might not be a cruise missile, since it will be detectable when it's launched, while the big advantage of stealth is, to get way closer to the target. Therefor it is more usefull to take a stealth aircraft and a stand off bomb kit.
Wrt the single weapon bay, I would have liked to see it too, since it would allow to carry at least a single Brahmos internally to long ranges, the problem however might be, that the dept of the bays are different. Some reports says that the front bay is deeper and could house heavier weapons, while the rear one is mainly meant for AAMs. That would make a fitting of a cruise missile impossible, unless you increase the dept of the bays down to the same level as the engine coverings, which then reduces lift again.

All 5th Generation Designed to deflect X or S-band, moreover the estimated RCS 0.001m2 from what range , angel ? Other than it's shape and size value of RCS depends on other multiple factors to.

F-22 Raptor versus Sukhoi PAK-FA - Aircraft Wiki
@sancho : what do you think of this article. Is it just me or the article is biased for obvious reasons ???

Site if Not credible, baseless information he provided

All 5th Generation Designed to deflect X or S-band, moreover the estimated RCS 0.001m2 from what range , angel ? Other than it's shape and size value of RCS depends on other multiple factors to.

yes not just x band and s band t-50 is designed for several others too.they did basic experiments based on the shape and ram coatings of t-50 after its first flight at different angles and different frequencies.might not be accurate but just for an idea

A Preliminary Assessment of Specular Radar Cross Section Performance in the Sukhoi T-50 Prototype

yes not just x band and s band t-50 is designed for several others too.they did basic experiments based on the shape and ram coatings of t-50 after its first flight at different angles and different frequencies.might not be accurate but just for an idea

A Preliminary Assessment of Specular Radar Cross Section Performance in the Sukhoi T-50 Prototype

Oh it's Kopp :lol:
Use of Physical Optic simulation and algorithm across different frequency bands to compute RCS of a complex object like aircraft, that's far from being accurate but informative enough for a defence enthusiast like you.

Peace out

Back
Top Bottom