What's new

Sri Lanka’s SOS to Pakistan for urgent arms supplies

i am so amazed at these trash talker indians.. cant even admit one thing..
India has one of the largest and the most high tech navy in the world and yet they cant even track down arms smuggling in coastal areas of south india going to sri lanka!
arms smuggling right under indian super navy's nose!!

Isn't that something?!

They just can't do it inspite of having such a powerful navy!!

Amazing.

Any advice, Admiral, to pass on?

Even with the best pest control, vermin still slip past.

Malang:
India has every right to question dealings of Sri Lanka a vital ally in buying equipment from its "enemy" esp since India and SL are united in fighting LTTE and India is one of the largest defence partner of SL.

Ally or not, that is pretty much interference in the internal affairs of a sovereign nation.

We don't expect, nor would we tolerate, the US questioning our defense relationship with the Chinese, and on the flip side, the Chinese have stayed out of our defense dealings with the US.

Raising concerns privately with the Sri Lankans is a different matter, but the public statements amount to no less than an aggressive "big brother attitude" and interference.

This is not isolated to Sri Lanka either, the GoI made a big fuss about Pakistani arms sales to Vietnam as well.

Pakistan should help out the friendly country as much as possible. If they dont have money. Give them loan!!

Its good to see India's cry baby reaction. If there is a better word.. keep it to yourself. I am not interested. :smokin:

Yep, we already have an assistance program in place in 2007 it was worth 87 million USD from Pakistan for our friends in Sri Lanka to live peacefully. Source.:cheers:

Ally or not, that is pretty much interference in the internal affairs of a sovereign nation.

We don't expect, nor would we tolerate, the US questioning our defense relationship with the Chinese, and on the flip side, the Chinese have stayed out of our defense dealings with the US.

Raising concerns privately with the Sri Lankans is a different matter, but the public statements amount to no less than an aggressive "big brother attitude" and interference.

This is not isolated to Sri Lanka either, the GoI made a big fuss about Pakistani arms sales to Vietnam as well.

Agno you have to understand that, India's statements are at the best crowd pleasers , pleasing the Tamil audience who have a very strong say in the governmnet. I am sure India would be very happy for you to do the job for us.

Agno you have to understand that, India's statements are at the best crowd pleasers , pleasing the Tamil audience who have a very strong say in the governmnet. I am sure India would be very happy for you to do the job for us.

so for the sake of "crowd pleasers" GoI is supporting Tamil while knowing its a terrorists liberation force? and for the sake of tamil "crowd pleasers" they have rights to sell weapons to liberation force in srilanka?

i wouldnt be surprised to know that GoI is gagging on GoSL to not reveal the facts that GoI is supporting terrorists liberation force in Sri Lanka for the sake of "crowd pleaser" in India.

:smitten:

My bro-in-law is major in pak army Artillery regiment; he is currently posted in Nowshara the school of Artillery. i have heard from him about some Sri Lankan officers getting trained in the school. i was surprised to know that PAK get multi national officers trained in school of artillery.
i will try to find out information from my brother regarding Sri lankan officers' course.
currently school of Artilery has officers from Jordan, Sri lanka, KSA, Bangladesh, Iran, and Nigeria.

My bro-in-law is major in pak army Artillery regiment; he is currently posted in Nowshara the school of Artillery. i have heard from him about some Sri Lankan officers getting trained in the school. i was surprised to know that PAK get multi national officers trained in school of artillery.
i will try to find out information from my brother regarding Sri lankan officers' course.
currently school of Artilery has officers from Jordan, Sri lanka, KSA, Bangladesh, Iran, and Nigeria.

I dont know man. I think what your brother-in-law told you is top secret stuff something which is only meant to be between Pakistan and the officers of that respective country. You shouldn't post things like this online, for everyone to see. I think your brother-in-law could get in trouble for telling you this stuff. I mean like I said it is probably top secret stuff. Please before posting such stuff make sure it is something which you cant get in trouble for.

I don't see what the big deal is. India will obviously protest, it has to. It would be strange if India didn't protest in fact.

Sri Lanka desperately needs arms, and India isn't giving it to them, so obviously they will turn to the next best option.

India and Sri Lanka have the best relations, and Sri Lanka accepts India's stand of not supplying offensive weapons to either side.

India's foreign policy has always been to encourage talks between the Tamils and the Sinhalese and discourage war between the two sides.

I dont know man. I think what your brother-in-law told you is top secret stuff something which is only meant to be between Pakistan and the officers of that respective country. You shouldn't post things like this online, for everyone to see. I think your brother-in-law could get in trouble for telling you this stuff. I mean like I said it is probably top secret stuff. Please before posting such stuff make sure it is something which you cant get in trouble for.

:victory: Relax. Soldiers from Nepal, Bhutan, Africa and SE Asia train at the Indian Military Academy as well. There is nothing secret about such things.

I don't see what the big deal is. India will obviously protest, it has to. It would be strange if India didn't protest in fact.

What is the use of protesting? What are the results?

Its like Bangladesh crying that Pakistan shouldn't get weapons.

Every nation has the right to equip itself from whoever it wants. India has no say!

What is the use of protesting? What are the results?

Its like Bangladesh crying that Pakistan shouldn't get weapons.

Every nation has the right to equip itself from whoever it wants. India has no say!

The question isn't about getting 'results', but of making it clear that India doesn't approve of this.

Do you think that that Sarkozy boycotting the olympics will make the Chinese suddenly stop shooting Tibetans? Things don't work that way.
Foreign policy is a long term thing. Its about taking a principled stand. India won't abandon its line simply because it won't achieve anything in the short term.

Can't you look in the mirror? On one hand you defend your right to supply offensive weapons, and on the other hand you say that Indian government has not right to express her views? Contradictory rite?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom