What's new

Sri Lanka’s MRCA – MIG-29 vs JF-17 vs F-16

And wasnt it MBT-2000 tht is being exported to bd?correct me if im wrong..

As for JF-17s... its going to be produced in both china and Pakistan.

MBT 2000 and alkhalid is export variant of Chinese tank (different name for different countries )

Good,Keep it up :partay:
i hope it can compete with F-22,the only counterpart in the world

Yeah we are also expecting the JF-17 to kick the raptors as well 10-0 :disagree:. stop going off topic, tejas is still in developing phase of block 2.

The insas rifles quality has been explained many times... even by the nepalese army chief... how it jammed during fire fights with maoists... as for G3s its one of the most exported rifles in service with several european,asian and middleastern armies....

And wasnt it MBT-2000 tht is being exported to bd?correct me if im wrong..

As for JF-17s... its going to be produced in both china and Pakistan.

Yes exported but it still jammed after firing 5-6 rounds in Kargil most of the times... while INSAS won the war for IA... what use is of that export rifle If its not firing properly and making one loose the war.

MBT 2000 is the export version of Type 90 II MBT
Type 90-II Main Battle Tank | Military-Today.com

Yes produced in both China and Pakistan but for Pakistan to achieve full production status right from the raw materials would take 5 years more atleast on condition that CAC is willing to provide necessary technology transfer and train the work staff.

---------- Post added at 03:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 AM ----------

thanks but what do you think of the video itself?

good video.

Technically feasible on what means ??... and Is the infrastructure of the customer nation plus its industrial base strong enough to make it feasible ??.... F-22 have been in service for about more than 7 years with all that industrial background and infrastructure it still is facing problems and serviceability issues... JF-17 has barely managed 2-3 years of service... with weapon system and radar yet to be fully integrated... and proven in live firing air exercises with other combat planes.

As I said, they are a class apart.

Systems and weapons integration? Yes, fully doing so may take some time. I am yet to see one picture of a JF-17 firing an SD-10 missile.

The JF-17 development overall has done pretty well compared to other 4th generation fighter developments in the past.

Here's a video of a JF-17 firing a PL-5 missile.

We cannot really say everything about how the JF-17 data links, since much of it are confidential.

So whats the point here... what help did they give in developing the machine other than outlining their requirements and some help here and there in avionics and software... would you give 50% of the profit to some XYZ customer of yours who got a chair designed from your shop and added some parts to it.... while selling a same kind of Chair to some other MPQ customer which has no effort from the earlier customer.... exported JF-17 would be from CAC with Chinese avionics and weapon package... they might allow Pakistanis to make some business in case the customer demands Pakistani software etc... Its plain business Russia never shared any kind of profits with IAF/HAL while selling Su 30 variants modified on the basis Indian MKI... but yes they got some business for HAL guys who designed HUDs... LCDs mission computers., software etc... for those planes.

And just what are you trying to prove here? Why compare the MKI? The MKI is licensed produced in India. There's a difference.

The key fact is that Pakistan did fund half of the development into the JF-17 project, and I did quote sources as proof.

Manufacturing engines, avionics, radars, etc is not the point here. It is the very nature of their business relationship here. What Pakistan makes is not the issue here.

But of-course, you may argue whether Pakistan actually 'deserves' to share the profit based on technical contributions alone, that can go on forever :lol:

F-16 is also an old platform... all depends on the requirements and demands of the buying country.... J-10 and JF-17 both would struggle to find the market unless they sort out engine related issues and provide more flexibility with the integration of weapon package and avionics suite... i.e. provide grounds for integration of weapon package and avionics from other nations and customize as per user demands till then no substantial order would be there for both the jets.... offcourse we can exclude Pakistan here.

They can still fly with Russian engines. The Russians have no problem with that, after all it'd put money in their pockets. And customers may have the option to integrate non-Chinese subsystems if they wish.

Would Chinese birds be viable for third world countries NOT looking for expensive Western birds in the future? The answer is yes.

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 PM ----------

MBT 2000 is the export version of Type 90 II MBT
Type 90-II Main Battle Tank | Military-Today.com

Yes produced in both China and Pakistan but for Pakistan to achieve full production status right from the raw materials would take 5 years more atleast on condition that CAC is willing to provide necessary technology transfer and train the work staff.

Other than the engine, all are produced in Pakistan.

Last edited by a moderator:

Systems and weapons integration? Yes, fully doing so may take some time. I am yet to see one picture of a JF-17 firing an SD-10 missile.

The JF-17 development overall has done pretty well compared to other 4th generation fighter developments in the past.

We cannot really say everything about how the JF-17 data links, since much of it are confidential.

And just what are you trying to prove here? Why compare the MKI? The MKI is licensed produced in India. There's a difference.

The key fact is that Pakistan did fund half of the development into the JF-17 project, and I did quote sources as proof.

Manufacturing engines, avionics, radars, etc is not the point here. It is the very nature of their business relationship here. What Pakistan makes is not the issue here.

But of-course, you may argue whether Pakistan actually 'deserves' to share the profit based on technical contributions alone, that can go on forever :lol:

They can still fly with Russian engines. The Russians have no problem with that, after all it'd put money in their pockets. And customers may have the option to integrate non-Chinese subsystems if they wish.

Would Chinese birds be viable for third world countries NOT looking for expensive Western birds in the future? The answer is yes.

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 PM ----------

Offcourse they can fly with Russian engine... but would the Russian allow the sale of their engines when their own fighter say a Mig 35D is under competition as well ??... would they allow the Chinese to pitch their Cheap Fighter with their own engine.

The Chinese might bring a competition... If they are able to meet their requirements first and create a strong base for engine manufacturing... else the way is very tough with Many small countries collaborating to develop their own 5th gen. fighter... Not to mention the ever increasing Bully attitude which have make loose customers like Vietnam, Myanmar etc... who greatly relied on Chinese weapon since ages.

Do they make Radar, weapons, EW suite etc.. ?? along with air frame and landing gears ?? for JF-17 ??

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 PM ----------

Offcourse they can fly with Russian engine... but would the Russian allow the sale of their engines when their own fighter say a Mig 35D is under competition as well ??... would they allow the Chinese to pitch their Cheap Fighter with their own engine.

The Chinese might bring a competition... If they are able to meet their requirements first and create a strong base for engine manufacturing... else the way is very tough with Many small countries collaborating to develop their own 5th gen. fighter... Not to mention the ever increasing Bully attitude which have make loose customers like Vietnam, Myanmar etc... who greatly relied on Chinese weapon since ages.

Do they make Radar, weapons, EW suite etc.. ?? along with air frame and landing gears ?? for JF-17 ??

Last edited by a moderator:

The MiG-35 is still under development. And, it's a twin-engined bird. Some customers may prefer single engined ones.

Although I agree, the Chinese better be able to be sufficient enough to make turbo fan engines in large quantities for export soon if they want to remain competitive.

Those countries mostly buy from Russia. Let's not talk about 5th generation fighters :D

And yes, the key weakness of the Chinese at the moment is production of turbo-fan engines in large quantities. This is why they had to buy engines from Russia just to be able to keep up their air force.

The JF-17 is powered by a Russian engine, and so will be the FC-20 (AKA J-10) if Pakistan is going to receive anytime soon.

Mostly assembled if I am not mistaken. They do have contribution in the software and avionics part. It does use C++ after all, easily accessible to Computer Science graduates.

I do not know exactly how much of the technical contribution. Perhaps someone with deeper knowledge on the issue can clarify more on this.

JF-17 Block 2 and 3 Thunders are the best yet cheapest option for the Sri Lanka.

Back
Top Bottom