What's new

Sri Lanka mobile phone connections exceed population

Lankan Ranger

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score

The mobile phone users in Sri Lanka have increased rapidly over the year 2011 with more than 105 telephone connections for 100 people, a spokesman said on Tuesday.

According to a Central Bank annual report, telephone connections have increased 5.4 percent and the connection were increased to 21.9 million by the end of 2011, a spokesman from the Central Bank said.

"There is also a considerable increase in the internet connections as new connections have increased by 4 percent over the year 2011," he stated.

Many of the new connections are obtained by those who were in former war affected parts of the country and the competition in the mobile telephone connection providers has also increased the number of new connections in the country.

A recent study also revealed that the use of mobile phones has grown rapidly in Sri Lanka and the mobile phone has become an almost indispensable business tool among small entrepreneurs and farmers.

11072246-mobile-phone-deals.jpg

they would have never had a civil war if the Singalese had not discriminated the tamils and would have enjoyed the fruits of development a long time ago. but now the Singhalese are enjoying this development at the cost of tamil lives.

they would have never had a civil war if the Singalese had not discriminated the tamils and would have enjoyed the fruits of development a long time ago. but now the Singhalese are enjoying this development at the cost of tamil lives.

Very very true

Very very true
we indians should keep ourselves away from Sri lankas internal matters we should have never supported or interfered in there internal matters like the tamil problem

@topic
great news for sl develope your economy cheers

we indians should keep ourselves away from Sri lankas internal matters we should have never supported or interfered in there internal matters like the tamil problem

@topic

may be we should have not supported Tibetians in the first place to run a parallel government outside Tibet from INDIAN soil.
may be we should not involve ourself in Pakistan by using our inteligence wing such as RAW.

if you think Tamils as different people and not INDIANS, then you can say again what you have told above.

@topic

Tamil problem is not SL's internal problem. It is very much India's problem too

Tamil problem is not SL's internal problem. It is very much India's problem too

Sir,

May i ask how ? Since when did India become responsible for Tamil origin people worldwide ? Indians are individuals possessing Indian citizenship. No more, no less. I think more focus ought to be given to the Maoist insurgency at home rather than to foreigners in another country. Real Indians are dying while our nation remains distracted.

Sir,

May i ask how ? Since when did India become responsible for Tamil origin people worldwide ?
This is the very same reason that is igniting Tamil Nationalism in Tamil Nadu, you guys will voice for hindus, sikhs being discriminated else where in the world but when it comes to Tamils you say that its not your problem, mind it you have 700 million Tamils in INDIA who you refer to INDIANs.

This is the very same reason that is igniting Tamil Nationalism in Tamil Nadu, you guys will voice for hindus, sikhs being discriminated else where in the world but when it comes to Tamils you say that its not your problem, mind it you have 700 million Tamils in INDIA who you refer to INDIANs.

Yes the 700 million are our responsibility. Not the others.

Sir,

May i ask how ? Since when did India become responsible for Tamil origin people worldwide ? Indians are individuals possessing Indian citizenship. No more, no less. I think more focus ought to be given to the Maoist insurgency at home rather than to foreigners in another country. Real Indians are dying while our nation remains distracted.

may be we should have not supported Tibetians in the first place to run a parallel government outside Tibet from INDIAN soil.
may be we should not involve ourself in Pakistan by using our inteligence wing such as RAW.

if you think Tamils as different people and not INDIANS, then you can say again what you have told above.
both pakistan and china have disputes with India i was never in favor of supporting the tibetians to for 71 it was in indias concern as we were having a refuge problem they were pouring in our country

@indocarib
i can very well understand your sentiments i respect them too but we havent taken the responsibilities of tamils OUTSIDE Indis

Sir,

The answer is in your question, Bcoz they are Tamil origin. When our people are discriminated against anywhere in the world, it becomes our problem.

those tamils are indians my friend not outsiders if they are hurt we will break any one who is trying to hurt em because they are indians those tamils were indians i have never raised my voice for Hindus living outside of india

and just for the record am not supporting the human right violation done by sl India should have taken it up to the un

The answer is in your question, Bcoz they are Tamil origin.

Going by that logic, we are responsible for all the ethnicities in this world. India is home to people belonging to hundreds of ethnicities , cultures and languages. If we are responsible for all of them; we might as well declare the whole world to be under the Indian Union.

Back
Top Bottom