What's new

Space science helps farmers and decision-makers alike, says ISRO chief

no, i mean one cant compare private money with public money...
public money needs more scrutiny...

I understand both mangalyan and chandrayan are merely PR projects of ISRO, to attract talent and even sales of its own satellite launching business, (and to validate its own capability.)

Better than lining the pockets of the politicians in India.

I would rather it go to the scientists.

Better than lining the pockets of the politicians in India.

I would rather it go to the scientists.
thats a lame cliche.. corrupt politicians will take the money anyway. And just because a scientist says something does not make it imperative to do it...

Everything is a cliche at this point.

And ISRO funding is going to be cut I think in the future. Besides, it is the only public organisation that actually stuck to the budget and got somethings done.
I dont deny they have been more successful than their peers, was only pointing out that their roadmap should also take into account value for money and they need to tell taxpayers what their missions will give. Just because its ISRO scientist saying something does not mean it should be accepted unchallenged. We dont want another priestly class called scientists.

Our space program was the first to predict numerous cyclones and other hazards in time to prevent massive loss of property(and a few failures). Besides, ISRO now launches foreign satellites as well - earning profit. So I don't mind paying for ISRO. The Public Distribution Service for example or the Health Ministry etc were paid 10s of times more than the money allocated to ISRO, and yet they failed in attaining even a respectable position. :(

Back
Top Bottom