What's new

Something is cooking up

Listening Post

New Recruit

Reaction score
Like many of you ,I am an old reader of Weekly Holiday. Something disturbing news came up in the latest edition which I consider that may be discussed in this forum.

This reminds one of the events in early 2007 when the UN had allegedly prodded the Bangladesh armed forces to intervene in politics and delayed the holding of a national election within the constitutionally-stipulated deadline. That particular move stirred such a global uproar that the Reuters news agency wrote in its initial dispatch, “If you think the UN does not plot a coup, think again.”

details in Holiday

LOL!!! I thought coup is exclusive thing for Pakistan

coup will be deadly now, since AL entered their members in the divisions and got them important high positions. We don't want civil war between the armed forces now. The country is doomed for sure either way unless BAL is out.

I think your present military leadership understood the requirement of democracy for a strong military.
Bangladesh Military leadership is much more matured now.

ppl r also getting mature now... they wont accept dictators now like in the past

I think your present military leadership understood the requirement of democracy for a strong military.
Bangladesh Military leadership is much more matured now.

What's your take on Post #8

Apparently, Bangladesh has had 27 military coups in its 42-year history with at least 2 Heads of State executed. The last one occurred between in 2007-2009.

Military coups in Bangladesh

Looks like they don't know how to do coup, Musharaf should give them training to BD Army

The Army is reluctant to have another coup but the situation inside Bangladesh might force their hand ....

SHW herself will prefer a the military to stage an illegal coup than she will prefer a legitimate military takeover through a caretaker government system.

The Army is reluctant to have another coup but the situation inside Bangladesh might force their hand ....

Yup, its always the situation in the country that forces their hand. Majority of the time, the situation is created for that sort of action, brother.

People are so hard pressed with the BAL atrocities that they are praying for a non-political takeover. BNP won't deliver also. Only a non-political intervention can save us from the clutches of these corrupt blood-thirsty lot.

Back
Top Bottom