What's new

Some Kashmiris Who Want ‘independence’ Should Check This Out First!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are developing our real estate. Those who do not like it can move for greener pastures.

One who tends to disagree is always shown a way to greener meadows. It's the land that matters the most, heck with the masses! Still the claims of being biggest democracy of the world are as tall as Himalayas!

Independence does not necessarily means merging with Pakistan! Give them options through plebiscite - with India, with Pakistan or as an independent state?.

One who tends to disagree is always shown a way to greener meadows. It's the land that matters the most, heck with the masses! Still the claims of being biggest democracy of the world are as tall as Himalayas!

Nice one! But we already know what happens in 'higher than himalaya, deeper than Arabian sea' democracy.

Independence does not necessarily means merging with Pakistan! Give them options through plebiscite - with India, with Pakistan or as an independent state?.

You are completely wrong. Democracy is choosing one's government. Choosing one's country is called emigration. Half my family has also emigrated for greener pastures. Its accepted, civil and quite amicable and does not clash with democracy.

If anything I'm supporting India spending more in Kashmir and making it better. That surely benefits the kashmiris, for whom you seem to have lots of sympathy and you should be pleased with that.

We should integrate the Kashmiris into mainstram Indian society. There is growth everywhere. IT and Industries must be allowed to flourish in Kashmir to end their sense of alienation.. We cannot go on provide subsidies. Its time special status of Kashmir is revoked, and their students integrated and they are part of growth
:)

If you check out Afzal Guru's interview of 2001, it's clear that there is no such independence movement. It's more of a business for the groups involved in fighting Indian authority. Even Afzal Guru himself admitted that he was running hard on cash & that's the reason why he took up this operation. Goes to show where the priority lies.

You are completely wrong. Democracy is choosing one's government. Choosing one's country is called immigration. Half my family has also immigrated for greener pastures. Its accepted, civil and quite amicable and does not clash with democracy.

May be the definition you guys study differ from rest of the world! BTW correction - It's electing a government not selecting a government. People elect a government for governance not for oppression.

Lincoln says and I quote: Democracy is the government of the people by the people for the people.

A senior & elite member don't know forum rules, dragging offtopics.

@Aeronaut @WebMaster plz take care or i've to explain him abt WOT & thread will be derailed.

WTH.. I am simply countering an argument that a particular number of terrorism related deaths in a country somehow disallows its citizens to voice their views on the topic...

Its absolutely democratic.. more that 66% of people (more like 99%) in India have exactly the same view about Kashmir that is reflected in our govt's actions. That's what democracy is all about. No nation can overrule wishes of 99% of its population to grant the ones of remaining 1% .....

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice one! But we already know what happens in 'higher than himalaya, deeper than Arabian sea' democracy.

These days it has changed its meanings too - Now it's all about a system that barely encompasses selection (not election) of a government.

May be the definition you guys study differ from rest of the world! BTW correction - It's electing a government not selecting a government. People elect a government for governance not for oppression.

Lincoln says and I quote: Democracy is the government of the people by the people for the people.

Governments are for governing. If someone wants to overthrow the government or breaks law, all governments in the world have to use force.

The other part of government is indeed welfare, where the indian government is doing a good job. Indians overall are very happy with our democracy and if a small section is unhappy despite our best efforts - well they have options short of breaking the law.

Isn't the govt in Kashmir today elected by the people and composed of the people who are Kashmiris.. ??

Its absolutely democratic.. more that 66% of people (more like 99%) in India have exactly the same view about Kashmir that is reflected in our govt's actions. That's what democracy is all about. No nation can overrule wishes of 99% of its population to grant the ones of remaining 1% .....

You didn't get my Point!

Is it democratic to show people (1% according to you, who differ in opinion) a path to other country?

If you check out Afzal Guru's interview of 2001, it's clear that there is no such independence movement. It's more of a business for the groups involved in fighting Indian authority. Even Afzal Guru himself admitted that he was running hard on cash & that's the reason why he took up this operation. Goes to show where the priority lies.
It's was obvious since the early 90s that the the so called 'freedom fighters' helped by various terror groups from across were nothing other than mercenaries fighting for, not 'freedom' but monetary incentives.

Here's what the going rates were till the late 90s (Must have increased later due to inflation!):

> Taking part in an ambush - Rs 20,000
> For each IA personnel killed - Rs 1 Lakh
> For grenade lobbing - Rs 5000
> For causing injury to military personnel - Rs 50,000 per head.
> Guides for help to cross the LoC/IB - Rs 50,000 to Rs 1 Lakh per trip depending on the route.

There are more that I cannot recollect now.

In other words, this so called fighting for 'freedom' is nothing but a mercenary war. Without cash incentives, 90% would have gone back home! :cheesy:

Governments are for governing. If someone wants to overthrow the government or breaks law, all governments in the world have to use force.

Force for what? For shoving them out of the country?

You didn't get my Point!

Is it democratic to show people (1% according to you, who differ in opinion) a path to other country?

No.. However, if those people do not want to live in India, it is democratic to allow them to emigrate to whichever country they want to (as long as that country welcomes them). Also, it is not democratic to allow those people who do not want to stay in India, to take national property with them while emigrating..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom